WTF?? Airline Pilot Loses His Mind Mid Flight 16 Days After Flight Attendant

Levin was sitting in the front row of the plane, full of people on their way to a security conference, when the pilot came out of the cockpit.
That was a lucky break ...
Wasn't it though? Reports say that an NYPD cop was the first to jump the pilot after he was locked out of the cockpit.

How freaky.

I was just skimming some articles ... passengers from security companies, police, corrections. People who'd know how to subdue and restrain.

As part of our yearly training, we were taught by the guys who worked psych on how to (as a group) take someone down and restrain them; luckily I only had one occasion where I found it necessary to do that. He was an old guy, but big and crazy as shit. There were six of us, male and female, laying on top of him and he still managed to get in some good licks. When someone is going off like this, they have strength you wouldn't believe.

I'm amazed that these people were able to subdue him in such a narrow, restricted area.

I wonder if the longer hours, shorter rest periods and overall degeneration of the work conditions had anything to do with it..

Sullenberger testified before the U.S. House of Representatives's Subcommittee on Aviation of the Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure on February 24, 2009, that his salary had been cut by 40 percent, and that his pension, like most airline pensions, was terminated and replaced by a "PBGC" guarantee worth only pennies on the dollar.[52] Sullenberger also mentioned his pay cut in an October 13, 2009 appearance on The Daily Show.

Sullenberger retired from US Airways and its predecessor airline after 30 years with them on March 3, 2010. He indicated, however, that his advocacy for aviation safety and the piloting profession would continue.[4]
Chesley Sullenberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was a lucky break ...
Wasn't it though? Reports say that an NYPD cop was the first to jump the pilot after he was locked out of the cockpit.

How freaky.

I was just skimming some articles ... passengers from security companies, police, corrections. People who'd know how to subdue and restrain.

As part of our yearly training, we were taught by the guys who worked psych on how to (as a group) take someone down and restrain them; luckily I only had one occasion where I found it necessary to do that. He was an old guy, but big and crazy as shit. There were six of us, male and female, laying on top of him and he still managed to get in some good licks. When someone is going off like this, they have strength you wouldn't believe.

I'm amazed that these people were able to subdue him in such a narrow, restricted area.
I would be clueless on how to restrain someone. :eek:

Well, physically restrain someone, that is. ;)

It was very smart and lucky that the copilot was able to lock him out of the cockpit.

Last edited:
I wonder if the longer hours, shorter rest periods and overall degeneration of the work conditions had anything to do with it..

No... I'm betting it had more to do with ISLAM, and an abject hatred for INFIDELS and America.

I know you're a liberal hack, and most everything you say is horse shit.

because anyone who doesn't believe Fox is a liberal and full of shit?

No, I said "YOU" are full of shit. Was that too complicated for you?

FOXNEWS, SANTORUM, ROMNEY
What does theses have in common?

Don't know, don't care... but you're a fucking MORON.

Go back to school.

The first post I saw in a search.

Yeah, I heard this on our local news this morning. They had video of the pilot in a restraint chair being taken off the plane.

He clearly had a mental breakdown of some sort. Very bizarre. If it was chemically induced, they really should increase the frequency of drug testing.

This does nothing to allay my fear of flying :shock:
Zanax. About 45 minutes before boarding. It's a miracle drug. ;)

(I don't need it; I'm usually out cold before we take off. I think the humm of the engines is what puts me to sleep - must be the perfect frequency for me. And, prop planes? I'm out within seconds. But my fiancee is horribly claustrophobic, so.......)

My last flight (probably ever) was several years back. I was flying back from the west coast on September 10th. Already nervous about week-long news reports screaming "Are they gonna do it again ?!?!" , the weather was crappy and the plane shook and bucked most of the way. I was crammed between a hugely overweight man who smelled like cheese, and a young guy who, starting when the plane taxied for take-off, incessantly prayed out loud and popped pill after pill.

By the time I got to Chicago for my connecting flight, I was a freakin' nervous wreak. When the plane landed, we bounced down the runway, it was the worst landing I've ever experienced. I get to the gate where I have to board the puddle jumper to VA, and there sits my plane with the hood up and red flags hanging from it.

All I could think was "RED = DANGER !!!"

So I ran over to Avis, rented a car and drove all night back to Virginia. I haven't flown since :lol:

This does nothing to allay my fear of flying :shock:
Zanax. About 45 minutes before boarding. It's a miracle drug. ;)

(I don't need it; I'm usually out cold before we take off. I think the humm of the engines is what puts me to sleep - must be the perfect frequency for me. And, prop planes? I'm out within seconds. But my fiancee is horribly claustrophobic, so.......)

My last flight (probably ever) was several years back. I was flying back from the west coast on September 10th. Already nervous about week-long news reports screaming "Are they gonna do it again ?!?!" , the weather was crappy and the plane shook and bucked most of the way. I was crammed between a hugely overweight man who smelled like cheese, and a young guy who, starting when the plane taxied for take-off, incessantly prayed out loud and popped pill after pill.

By the time I got to Chicago for my connecting flight, I was a freakin' nervous wreak. When the plane landed, we bounced down the runway, it was the worst landing I've ever experienced. I get to the gate where I have to board the puddle jumper to VA, and there sits my plane with the hood up and red flags hanging from it.

All I could think was "RED = DANGER !!!"

So I ran over to Avis, rented a car and drove all night back to Virginia. I haven't flown since :lol:
:lmao:

*ahem, clears throat to compose myself*

That's a long drive.

(Karma's gonna get me for laughing. :eek:)

:lmao:

*ahem, clears throat to compose myself*

That's a long drive.

(Karma's gonna get me for laughing. :eek:)

LOL

Hells yeah that's a long drive. I didn't have a map, either. I just starting driving south and east. Thank God I have good homing sense :lol:

When I got home and went to turn in the car, I had to argue with the clerk that I actually had their car. The clerk in Chicago had screwed up, handed me the contract and keys but never entered the car as being rented. As far as Avis was concerned, that car was still parked on the lot in Chicago.

How freaky.

I would be clueless on how to restrain someone. :eek:

Well, physically restrain someone, that is. ;)

Three shots in the chest usually works.

when i was young...i was on a flight with mostly military....when one engine went out...of course...one of the air force mechanics ...a fellow passenger...announces to the plane that we have lost an engine...where they begin to debate the chances of the 2nd engine going and how far we could go with just one engine etc and so forth....i was terrified...especially when the man seated next to me...said "i have always wanted to be in a place crash"

but i still fly.....crazies just add to the flight

when i was young...i was on a flight with mostly military....when one engine went out...of course...one of the air force mechanics ...a fellow passenger...announces to the plane that we have lost an engine...where they begin to debate the chances of the 2nd engine going and how far we could go with just one engine etc and so forth....i was terrified...especially when the man seated next to me...said "i have always wanted to be in a place crash"

but i still fly.....crazies just add to the flight

Then there's always that bald guy screaming "They're planning on taking back the plane!!!!!"

New Topics

Forum List

Back