WSJ: US Trade deficit climbs 10%

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
DF3A1B22-3B11-4B32-AF69-5D06D106B481.png
We seem to be losing the trade war.

Cruise missile every Walmart and Harbor Freight. Hit Northern tool and Home Depot since they'll be within 1/2 mile or so.

little known fact about trade deficits...the better the economy, the bigger the deficit.

the lemmings have been told for a decade that trade deficits are evil and will be the death of our country, yet none of them can tell you why

little known fact about trade deficits...the better the economy, the bigger the deficit.

the lemmings have been told for a decade that trade deficits are evil and will be the death of our country, yet none of them can tell you why

I sorta disagree with this on some level.

Let's say I buy a $100 widget from Walmart that's made in China.

$80 goes to Walmart and the shipping companies.

$10 goes to big government tariffs (which I have some support for being and America First guy, but I also recognize the genius of the Marshall Plan in fighting communism)

$10 goes to China.

That $10 helps fund whatever manufacturing facilities they have which make widgets and nuclear submarines.
That $10 is no longer in America.
That $10 is helping build their SpaceForce not ours.

Its one thing if we have a deficit with Mexico, Ethiopia, or some third world country. Our $'s will go way further over there building their country. Our $ will raise their standard of living and keep some stupid communist revolution from happening.

Don't get me wrong, trading with China has made the world a more friendly place and I would keep doing it. I'm just realistic about trade deficits with countries we want to...what's the naval aircraft carrier term....project power over.

$10 goes to big government tariffs (which I have some support for being and America First guy, but I also recognize the genius of the Marshall Plan in fighting communism)

$10 goes to China.

That $10 helps fund whatever manufacturing facilities they have which make widgets and nuclear submarines.

Its one thing if we have a deficit with Mexico, Ethiopia, or some third world country. Our $'s will go way further over there building their country. Our $ will raise their standard of living and keep some stupid communist revolution from happening.

Don't get me wrong, trading with China has made the world a more friendly place and I would keep doing it. I'm just realistic about trade deficits with countries we want to...what's the naval aircraft carrier term....project power over.

Yes, but the widget cost you 40 dollars less than if it had been made in the US, so now you have 40 more dollars to spend in the US helping our manufacturing facilities which make other things and beyond stupid SpaceForce.

$10 goes to China.

Yes, but the widget cost you 40 dollars less than if it had been made in the US, so now you have 40 more dollars to spend in the US helping our manufacturing facilities which make other things and beyond stupid SpaceForce.

We are talking international power here.

To address the micro point first, folks are going around renting $1,000 cell phones instead of buying second hand ones. There is no shortage of available cash in America.

In the big economic sense I have $40 more to spend on a pair of jeans also from Asia because I was too stupid to fix the widget I already owned.

How much did our GDP increase by last year? Did that idiot reporter tell you that? I honestly don't know but, I doubt it.

So, if our domestic spending increased by 600 Billion and our trade deficit increased by 60 Billion, what does that tell you?

Don't bother, dimocrap scum. I know you're incapable of independent thought. You're just NPC's afterall.

rx5fqpgbs9r11.png

Our trade deficits are skyrocketing. Our trade deficit with China is at the highest in history. Our trade deficit with Mexico is also exploding.

Our federal deficit has gone nuclear, rising 77 percent higher than last year!

Federal spending is at record highs, and the fake tax cut has reduced federal revenues.

President Clinton is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh wait...

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

The U.S. trade deficit in goods with China set a new record during President Donald Trump’s second year in office

Mexico can thank the US for its record-high trade surplus

Mexico sure is paying for TH3 WALLE, eh?

U.S. Trade Gap Surged to $621 Billion in 2018, Highest in Decade

Let's save the tards some time and provide numerical responses:

1. B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!

2. Who cares? I've thrown my principles out the window.

3. Look! A squirrel!

4. B-b-b-b-b-but Obama!

5. MEXICANS!

6. MUELLER IS ON A WITCH HUNT!

Your logical fallacy is: False Dichotomy
You have identified a fallacy. Good for you. Now, what is your counter-argument?

You can't just identify a fallacy and walk. That's like a doctor identifying symptoms and declaring a patient cured, without diagnosis and treatment.

ALL arguments are fallacious. Otherwise, they would be called "truths."

What's your counter?

Our trade deficits are skyrocketing. Our trade deficit with China is at the highest in history. Our trade deficit with Mexico is also exploding.

Our federal deficit has gone nuclear, rising 77 percent higher than last year!

Federal spending is at record highs, and the fake tax cut has reduced federal revenues.

President Clinton is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh wait...

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

The U.S. trade deficit in goods with China set a new record during President Donald Trump’s second year in office

Mexico can thank the US for its record-high trade surplus

Mexico sure is paying for TH3 WALLE, eh?

U.S. Trade Gap Surged to $621 Billion in 2018, Highest in Decade

Okay Drama Queen cool, now tell us how your quality of life has changed as a result of “EXPLODING” trade deficits. We’re standing by.

Forum List

Back