Wrestling with Police Reform

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
1591806862713.png

What makes you think they're not trained in unarmed combat?

*****SMILE*****

:)

View attachment 348348

*****SMILE*****

Did you read the story?

View attachment 348361

I read the title of the story you linked.

Are you going to answer my question?

*****SMILE*****

If you read the fucking story you won't need to ask. Then you might have better questions.

1591810097278.png

How much time do you want them to spend training in unarmed combat?

Five hours a week? Ten hours a week? Twenty hours a week? More?

Are you planing on paying them for the time they have to take doing that training?

How much other training, like: social training, safety training, quality assurance training, gun safety training, etc, etc, etc,..., do you think they need to do a week?

When does training become a diminishing return because that's all they're doing?

*****SMILE*****

...When does training become a diminishing return because that's all they're doing?
Scheduling in any organization is always a headache. Don't you think that maybe some additional training might reasonably be part of the reforms everyone is talking about these days?

Seems they could use more, don't you think? As many as is practical.

That's not an answer.

I don't make the budgets for every police force in the country, but I would expect they would be paid for extra training.

How much more of a budget do you think it'll take?

Uncle Bernie thinks the police should all have college educations also.

Are you willing to triple or quadruple a policeman's pay all in the name of reform?

1591811498586.png

We already treat them like the military where it pays better doing work for a private contractor, if you can hook up with one, where the pay is triple to quadruple because the private contractor will hire the best away with money because it's cheaper to let the system train them.

*****SMILE*****

...When does training become a diminishing return because that's all they're doing?
Scheduling in any organization is always a headache. Don't you think that maybe some additional training might reasonably be part of the reforms everyone is talking about these days?

1591811802912.png

I think that like everything it's politics and corruption within the system that's the main problem.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 348348

*****SMILE*****

Did you read the story?

View attachment 348361

*****SMILE*****

If you read the fucking story you won't need to ask. Then you might have better questions.

View attachment 348367

Are you planing on paying them for the time they have to take doing that training?

How much other training, like: social training, safety training, quality assurance training, gun safety training, etc, etc, etc,..., do you think they need to do a week?

When does training become a diminishing return because that's all they're doing?

*****SMILE*****

Many professions require ongoing continuing education that is most time done on personal time and if it is required the cost of that training can be used as a tax deduction.

Seems they could use more, don't you think? As many as is practical.

That's not an answer.
How is it not an answer? Do you think the budgets, manpower, and schedules of every police department in the entire country are exactly the same?

1591820164380.png

Do you think every police officer does the same task?

Are there any that specialize in something like; unarmed combat, sniper, IT expert, ballistics, etc,...?

How about age does that factor in on your decisions on who needs to take unarmed combat and how much?

What is practical for the job you expect?

Should every one of them be Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal like the author of your article?

Shouldn't we expect the same high standards from teachers?

That they be masters of social interactions and above the politics and corruption and that they are able to protect the young ones who are put in their care?

Perhaps weapons training and unarmed combat should be required of every teacher also.

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:
View attachment 348348

*****SMILE*****

Did you read the story?

View attachment 348361

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 348367

*****SMILE*****

Many professions require ongoing continuing education that is most time done on personal time and if it is required the cost of that training can be used as a tax deduction.

1591820405095.png

Tax deductions are becoming as meaningless as giving donations as a tax write off for the little man.

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back