Wow....Mets!!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Mets acquire Francisco Lindor and Carlos Carrasco in trade with Cleveland
The Mets added a bona fide star and have bolstered their rotation.

Wow....Met fans celebrating!!!

Still waitin' on the Yanks.

If they get Springer....I may wear out the remote.

The tragedy is, baseball is one of the sports the smaller market teams have to be more creative. Local TV and radio contracts can be massive in big city markets.

Mets just put themselves in the Yankees’ weight class: Sherman
By Joel Sherman
January 7, 2021 | 7:15pm | Updated

...when reality hit Thursday, it wasn’t the Yankees. Instead, in the strongest symbol yet that baseball life in New York has changed with Steve Cohen as Mets owner, it was Sandy Alderson and Jared Porter in a Zoom conference explaining how and why they had obtained one of the best and most magnetic players in the sport.

We have seen this before. Carlos Beltran as a free agent and Johan Santana in a trade were generally preordained to the Yankees. The Mets landed both. Yet, this feels different. Because as big as it is, it feels like an appetizer of what the Mets can — and now likely — will do. This plays like the beginning of the beginning of not merely dabbling in the heavyweight division when it comes to stars, but residing there under Cohen."

"On Thursday, Cohen and the Mets made it loud and clear that they are here to compete, trading for Cleveland All-Star shortstop Francisco Lindor and pitcher Carlos Carrasco in exchange for a couple of infielders and two prospects.

This wasn’t just a nice trade, it was a division-altering deal. Not only can the Mets compete now, but win and win big. It’s the kind of move others take notice of and signals that you are serious about winning a championship."

I was hopin' to see Carrasco in a Yankee uniform.....

.....but, now I have twice as many games to watch.

Curious. Are you still wowing? 31 mil or what for hitting .200???

I predict his swing is finished. He an play short and run, but he'll never hit again

Really expensive mistake. Those long term maga contracts rarely pan out well. You're always a Tommy John surgery or a knee blow-out from going glory to ordinary.................That's sports though.

Forum List

Back