Wow! Mcconnell vows to vote on nominee!

There will be a vote. The nominee will probably be ratified. The WH and the Senate will go blue, and then the Senate will add six new seats to SCOTUS.
And the SCOTUS will rule the expansion illegal. Check and mate.
Why would they do that? Nothing wrong with it according to the Constitution? Are you suggesting they will not be bound by that document any more? If so, than it is over, isn't it? Time to start buying stock in fish eggs and Vodka. Putin and the totalitarians win and the constitution and the people lose.

Oh, and if Biden put's more seats on the SCOTUS (in theory), the people have already lost.

Time to divide up the country.
Good luck with that. How did it work out last time?

It can be done peacefully or forcefully.

Your call.
There will be a vote. The nominee will probably be ratified. The WH and the Senate will go blue, and then the Senate will add six new seats to SCOTUS.
And the SCOTUS will rule the expansion illegal. Check and mate.
Why would they do that? Nothing wrong with it according to the Constitution? Are you suggesting they will not be bound by that document any more? If so, than it is over, isn't it? Time to start buying stock in fish eggs and Vodka. Putin and the totalitarians win and the constitution and the people lose.

Oh, and if Biden put's more seats on the SCOTUS (in theory), the people have already lost.

Time to divide up the country.
Good luck with that. How did it work out last time?

It can be done peacefully.

You fuckers keep whining about your tax dollars going to red states.

This time it will be the gun hating pussies on the left fighting the 2nd amendment types.

I'll take my chances.

Dude, I live in a red state. I don't whine about tax dollars, period. And, No it is not my call, nor is it yours. 2nd amendment types? Had a concealed carry permit for years and make to the range on average of once a month to keep up skills or when I change sights. What are you babbling about?

And you never did answer the questions.

Can Trump not nominate.

And

Can McConnell not confirm.

If that is the case I want to know where that is written.
Dude, I answered before you ever got the party. Go read earlier posts and try to keep up.

You go, Mitch!

No reason to not replace her now.

McConnell: Trump's Supreme Court nominee 'will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate'

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said unequivocally Friday night that President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee to fill the vacancy of late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg “will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

Ginsburg, 87, died Friday from complications surrounding metastatic pancreas cancer.

“The Senate and the nation mourn the sudden passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the conclusion of her extraordinary American life,” McConnell said in a statement Friday.

“In the last midterm election before Justice Scalia’s death in 2016, Americans elected a Republican Senate majority because we pledged to check and balance the last days of a lame-duck president’s second term. We kept our promise,” McConnell continued. “Since the 1880s, no Senate has confirmed an opposite-party president’s Supreme Court nominee in a presidential election year.”

McConnell added that “by contrast, Americans reelected our majority in 2016 and expanded it in 2018 because we pledged to work with President Trump and support his agenda, particularly his outstanding appointments to the federal judiciary.”

“Once again, we will keep our promise,” he said. “President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG DIES AT 87

In May 2019, McConnell, R-Ky., made clear that should a vacancy materialize in the midst of the 2020 election cycle, the GOP-majority Senate would likely “fill it.”
McConnell’s comments last year were met with criticism from Democrats who accused him of hypocrisy, based on the treatment of former President Barack Obamas Supreme Court nominee and D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals chief Judge Merrick Garland.

Obama nominated Garland to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia, who passed away in 2016, but McConnell and Senate Republicans refused to hold a hearing or vote on his nomination, citing the imminent 2016 presidential election.

Speaking to Fox News last year, McConnell suggested his stance was not hypocritical -- because in 2020, Republicans would control both the White House and the Senate, unlike Democrats in 2016, who controlled only the White House.
Let’s not forget Mitch BLOCKED the senate from even having a vote on Garland even though it was blatantly unconstitutional. I’m sure republicans are thrilled at Ginsburg’s passing. Them winning is all that matters to them.

Oh and also don’t forget Mitch’s blatant hypocrisy about election years and voting on judges. He’s a sociopath without any principles.

This might be the best butt-hurt since 2016. :lol:

You go, Mitch!

McConnell: Trump's Supreme Court nominee 'will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate'

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said unequivocally Friday night that President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee to fill the vacancy of late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg “will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

Ginsburg, 87, died Friday from complications surrounding metastatic pancreas cancer.

“The Senate and the nation mourn the sudden passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the conclusion of her extraordinary American life,” McConnell said in a statement Friday.

“In the last midterm election before Justice Scalia’s death in 2016, Americans elected a Republican Senate majority because we pledged to check and balance the last days of a lame-duck president’s second term. We kept our promise,” McConnell continued. “Since the 1880s, no Senate has confirmed an opposite-party president’s Supreme Court nominee in a presidential election year.”

McConnell added that “by contrast, Americans reelected our majority in 2016 and expanded it in 2018 because we pledged to work with President Trump and support his agenda, particularly his outstanding appointments to the federal judiciary.”

“Once again, we will keep our promise,” he said. “President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

In May 2019, McConnell, R-Ky., made clear that should a vacancy materialize in the midst of the 2020 election cycle, the GOP-majority Senate would likely “fill it.”
McConnell’s comments last year were met with criticism from Democrats who accused him of hypocrisy, based on the treatment of former President Barack Obamas Supreme Court nominee and D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals chief Judge Merrick Garland.

Obama nominated Garland to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia, who passed away in 2016, but McConnell and Senate Republicans refused to hold a hearing or vote on his nomination, citing the imminent 2016 presidential election.

Speaking to Fox News last year, McConnell suggested his stance was not hypocritical -- because in 2020, Republicans would control both the White House and the Senate, unlike Democrats in 2016, who controlled only the White House.
Let’s not forget Mitch BLOCKED the senate from even having a vote on Garland even though it was blatantly unconstitutional. I’m sure republicans are thrilled at Ginsburg’s passing. Them winning is all that matters to them.

Oh and also don’t forget Mitch’s blatant hypocrisy about election years and voting on judges. He’s a sociopath without any principles.

this might be the best butt-hurt since 2016. :lol:
Right I get it. You love to “own the libs”. It’s all you have. It’s all you idiots have to show for since electing Trump.

This is going to start a whole new round of crazy!

Jo

He really has no choice politically. If he doesn't put a butt in that seat, the Democrats probably take the Senate because clearly that is the prize. They may take it anyway but instead of academic ideas about what a Democratic Controlled Senate would do...it would be you elect this...you get that or you get 4 years of "no" if the blob wins. The hypocrisy may cost R's the senate but he'll keep his seat. He may lose that if he were to not be a hypocrite.
This will motivate every voter to get out and vote. Suspect they will have control of Supreme Court, but not likely to win the Presidency or keep the Senate.

Who?

What if Trump says "let's wait until after the election"? That is going to ensure they ALL vote. Even the RINOS will be cornered.

If Trump does it before, he chooses a woman and gains more female votes. He's in a win/win situation.
Voters will look at it as a complete betrayal by MCConnell, who said 10 months before election is too close before an election to make such a decision. They will take it out on Senate Republicans and on trump.

Wow.

What a really brilliant prediction.

Given that the left is still in the process of burning down cities...nobody is going to give a fuck.

You go, Mitch!

Right I get it. You love to “own the libs”. It’s all you have. It’s all you idiots have to show for since electing Trump.

We own to more seats on the SCOTUS.

And we'll own a third here pretty soon.

Fuck off.

You go, Mitch!

Personally, I am not tired of winning yet. Ask me in another four years. :lol:

Jo

He really has no choice politically. If he doesn't put a butt in that seat, the Democrats probably take the Senate because clearly that is the prize. They may take it anyway but instead of academic ideas about what a Democratic Controlled Senate would do...it would be you elect this...you get that or you get 4 years of "no" if the blob wins. The hypocrisy may cost R's the senate but he'll keep his seat. He may lose that if he were to not be a hypocrite.
This will motivate every voter to get out and vote. Suspect they will have control of Supreme Court, but not likely to win the Presidency or keep the Senate.

Who?

What if Trump says "let's wait until after the election"? That is going to ensure they ALL vote. Even the RINOS will be cornered.

If Trump does it before, he chooses a woman and gains more female votes. He's in a win/win situation.
Voters will look at it as a complete betrayal by MCConnell, who said 10 months before election is too close before an election to make such a decision. They will take it out on Senate Republicans and on trump.

Wow.

Given that the left is still in the process of burning down cities...nobody is going to give a fuck.
My city hasn't burned, most cities haven't burned, bet your city hasn't burned either. In fact, in cities that have had actual riots, your burning cities has been a few blocks in the city, while a few blocks away any direction 98% plus of the city looks like a normal day, week, month or year in that city. My prediction will be born out, to a much greater extent than you characterization or cities burning down. This is why people don't believe you guys. You overstate the facts and try to use it as a basis for logic. That ain't logic. Look at any city that actually had a riot (not just a demonstration) and tell me I am wrong, just name the city.

Jo

ammo is already sold out. i got several hundred rounds of lake city green tip if anyone is into it.

Jo

Who?

Wow.

My city hasn't burned, most cities haven't burned, bet your city hasn't burned either. In fact, in cities that have had actual riots, your burning cities has been a few blocks in the city, while a few blocks away any direction 98% plus of the city looks like a normal day, week, month or year in that city. My prediction will be born out, to a much greater extent than you characterization or cities burning down. This is why people don't believe you guys. You overstate the facts and try to use it as a basis for logic. That ain't logic. Look at any city that actually had a riot (not just a demonstration) and tell me I am wrong, just name the city.

No, people will doe from lead poisoning before there is any burning where I live.

I have friends in Minneapolis who are afraid to go to the grocery store in regular neighborhoods.

There is a lot more and I really don't care to explain it.

You and I both know it is all the press covers and it is impacting people's views.

So spare me the lectures on using logic....logic isn't what applies here. It's pure emotion.

Yes, Trump has changed things. He will nominate a replacement for Ginsberg, the Democrats will go bonkers, the ratification will go through, and the blue will sweep the WH and the Senate.

Beginning on January 21, the blue will systematically reform the system to create a permanent one-party majority state.

Many Trumpers and 2dA types will commit crimes and be killed or arrested by the LEO.

Trump wanted to destroy as it was and he has succeeded.

Jake,

When the party starts, I'll be looking for you.

Jo

Who?

Wow.

No, people will doe from lead poisoning before there is any burning where I live.

I have friends in Minneapolis who are afraid to go to the grocery store in regular neighborhoods.

You and I both know it is all the press covers and it is impacting people's views.

So spare me the lectures on using logic....logic isn't what applies here. It's pure emotion.
If you thing the press overstates, take it into account. I am not the only one that knows it may be painted as cities burning down, but just ain't so. Same people with that brush are the same ones painting armed revolution in the streets. These people do not have a history of painting an accurate picture now than they did painting the Domino theory as justification for Vietnam war back in the early 60s. Just because it is painted so doesn't make it so. Never found those weapons of mass destruction painted into the picture for reason to going to war, that we went after in Iraq either, did we? Turned out, the goal was regime change. That turned into an ugly painting for real, didn't it? I just speak with the clarity of somebody born in the 50s grew up in and saw the 60s and 70s, became productive and made myself secure, while seeing everything that has come to pass. Alarmism hasn't rattled me since OCS a long time ago.

Jo

Who?

Wow.

If you thing the press overstates, take it into account. I am not the only one that knows it may be painted as cities burning down, but just ain't so. Same people with that brush are the same ones painting armed revolution in the streets. These people do not have a history of painting an accurate picture now than they did painting the Domino theory as justification for Vietnam war back in the early 60s. Just because it is painted so doesn't make it so. Never found those weapons of mass destruction painted into the picture for reason to going to war, that we went after in Iraq either, did we? Turned out, the goal was regime change. That turned into an ugly painting for real, didn't it? I just speak with the clarity of somebody born in the 50s grew up in and saw the 60s and 70s, became productive and made myself secure, while seeing everything that has come to pass. Alarmism hasn't rattled me since OCS a long time ago.

That 's great for you.

If logic applied, we never would have elected Obama.

So there you have it.

Jo

Who?

Wow.

That 's great for you.

If logic applied, we never would have elected Obama.

So there you have it.
Obama got it, because Bush oversaw the crash, people losing big money, retirements, etc as much as buying into a 1st term Senator being the real answer to the country's ills. Good old fashioned backlash, just as backlash elected Jimmy Carter, and to a great extent, the first term of Ronald Reagan.

Jo

Who?

Wow.

Good analysis.

Yet just a few short years ago

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday flatly rejected any person President Barack Obama nominates to the Supreme Court following the death of Justice Antonin Scalia, saying the voters should decide.
This is going to drive you crazy! Your panties will be more bunched up than eva!!! :)

Jo
If the Democrats were in the position to delay this vote (like for the Gorsuch seat) they most definitely would. In addition, if the Democrats had the senate majority to force in Garland they would have.

But parties are complete hypocrites, so don't feel bad at all about this. Have 5 solid conservatives on the bench and Roberts we win.

It fully follows the Constituton for Trump to name a nominee and the nominee to get voted on.

Now some Senate Repulicans may flip, but there should be a vote.

Obama and Schumer would do it, we all know it.

The left are already freaking out and threatening violence. Trump has a constitutional right to nominate a replacement and the Senate has a Constitutional right to confirm.

Absolutely. There is nothing in the Constitution that says there cannot be a nominee vote during an election year.

Anyone who claims Obama wouldnt have sent through Garland if he had the Senate is a liar.

As the left howl and cry over the next 60 days lets remember Democrats would not hesitate for one second to place a liberal on the court if they were in our shoes.

Jo

Can Trump improve his chances by immediately electing a female judge? There was a Constitutional Christian who was a choice right he was struggling with before he chose Kavanaugh, right? Whether they to go a vote now or later, it helps Trump. It may help Trump even MORE if he says "wait until after the election"?

What does this do to the influence of the weak Never Trumpers? I've listened to you all for 4 years, and it's clear GOP voters don't want MORE people making up the law as they go, so, this will ensure a wave of support.

I think Trump is ballsy enough to force the vote now, he isn't a politician, he doesn't care if they dislike him or not.

From what I have heard, the likely nominee is Amy Coney-Barrett.

Though as I have noted a few times, I'd like to see Miguel Estrada nominated.

You go, Mitch!

This might be the best butt-hurt since 2016. :lol:

OMG Trump has been the best president ever, Democrats are unhinged. :auiqs.jpg:

New Topics

Forum List

Back