Would you vote for this man for President of the USA?

RightDown

Rookie
Nov 27, 2013
Would you vote for this man for President of the USA, in theory of course?

His record as a two term president?

Taxes:
He raised taxes 7 times out of 8 years in office. Some accounts say he raised taxes 12 times.
He signed the largest tax increase in American history to date.
He raised payroll taxes to prefund and save Social Security.

Foreign policy:
Against the advice of his own Cabinet, he ordered the Marines be housed in a base outside of a Beirut airport. A truck bomb plowed into the building killing 241 American soldiers.

But for the democratic congress putting country first to avoid the horrors of another impeachment trial, this man committed treason with Iran. In his own words:

"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

That came after he told the country this lie:

"In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages nor will we."

Would you cast a vote for this man to become President of the United States?

Just goes to show ya that republicans will forgive anyone who can simultaneously, quote Jesus, wave the flag and betray everything they claim to stand for.

Yet the overall tax burden was lessened, even with having tax raises pushed forward by the DEM congress... but the little lefties trying to trick people harp on the tidbit that there were' seven raises'...

Idiots

Taxes:
He raised taxes 7 times out of 8 years in office. Some accounts say he raised taxes 12 times.

Foreign policy:
Against the advice of his own Cabinet, he ordered the Marines be housed in a base outside of a Beirut airport. A truck bomb plowed into the building killing 241 American soldiers.

But for the democratic congress putting country first to avoid the horrors of another impeachment trial, this man committed treason with Iran. In his own words:

"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

"In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages nor will we."

Your so-called facts are cherry picked and misrepresented. Not surprising.

But yes, I did and would again, vote for Ronald Reagan. He was and IS My CinC.

Reagan made tax cuts also. The democrat congress lied, and overspent(sound familiar?).

Any misrepresentations he made were for national security, and they absolutely pale in comparison to the lies of the scumbucket we have in office now!

Reagan's policies also created 20 million jobs....:clap2:

• Banned
Yet the overall tax burden was lessened, even with having tax raises pushed forward by the DEM congress... but the little lefties trying to trick people harp on the tidbit that there were' seven raises'...

Idiots
Well, well, well Mr. Helper. Why don't you explain to the board what Reagan did for the National Debt. Didn't he almost triple the deficit and national debt?

Does 'borrow and spend' ring a bell? Plus he prefunded Soc. Sec. only to know with absolute certainty that his spending would plunder the trust fund.

Taxes:

Foreign policy:

Your so-called facts are cherry picked and misrepresented. Not surprising.

But yes, I did and would again, vote for Ronald Reagan. He was and IS My CinC.

So Reagan's own words misrepresent what he really was saying?

If I didn't see the crap you rightwingers put forth with my own two eyes, I wouldn't believe it.

Ok Big Guy, which of the facts in the OP are incorrect?

Reagan made tax cuts also. The democrat congress lied, and overspent(sound familiar?).

Any misrepresentations he made were for national security, and they absolutely pale in comparison to the lies of the scumbucket we have in office now!

Yeah, it's not like Reagan had any veto power.

Lovely, 1.5 million of those were governmental jobs. I would hope he could create some jobs by tripling the debt and spending like a drunken sailor.

President Carter created more jobs than President Reagan did in their respective first terms.

Lovely, 1.5 million of those were governmental jobs. I would hope he could create some jobs by tripling the debt and spending like a drunken sailor.

President Carter created more jobs than President Reagan did in their respective first terms.
Reagen was a lot better then the idiot in office now. Facts and libtards are like oil and water. IDIOTS!!!!

Wasnt old enough to vote, but I'd vote for him over anyone the Democrats have put out in the last 30+ years.

Now if Reagan was up against, say Calvin Coolidge, then no, I wouldn't vote for Reagan. But then I am pretty sure Silent Cal would be getting Reagan's vote also. He was an awesome Pres. because he understood the need to cut spending and taxes and stay out of the people's lives.

In the aggregate, Reagan's tax cuts were greater than his tax increases. He had the courage to admit his tax cuts were too deep.

Reagan also worked with his political opponents to reform the tax code and to reform welfare. He rolled back a great many tax expenditures.

He also had the guts to stand firm on raising interest rates to end the runaway inflation he inherited, even though he was being attacked from all sides for doing so. But he was right and he saved the economy.

And he was an optimist. A cheerful one. And he was chock full of superior ideas to the whining pessimists of the Left.

In short, a completely different kind of conservative Republican than exists today.

Didn't vote for him then and wouldn't vote for him now. Took us from being the greatest creditor nation to biggest debtor. Borrowed and spent us to triple the national debt. Traded guns for hostages and armed right wing death squads (Contras). But he was jovial and optimistic, so that excuses everything.

Taxes:

Foreign policy:

Over the current Idiot in Chief? Hell yes!!!

If I were to say that the OP was really Obama, how many of you would still vote for the guy?

I get the impression that facts do not sway and the deciding factor is closer to tribalism. Not for all but a few.

In the aggregate, Reagan's tax cuts were greater than his tax increases. He had the courage to admit his tax cuts were too deep.

Reagan also worked with his political opponents to reform the tax code and to reform welfare. He rolled back a great many tax expenditures.

He also had the guts to stand firm on raising interest rates to end the runaway inflation he inherited, even though he was being attacked from all sides for doing so. But he was right and he saved the economy.

And he was an optimist. A cheerful one. And he was chock full of superior ideas to the whining pessimists of the Left.

In short, a completely different kind of conservative Republican than exists today.
Those are pretty good points. The largest tax increase in history was really a closing of tax loopholes.

Paul Volcker induced the runaway inflation on purpose to mount a significant recovery. That's why interest rates were almost 20% in Reagan's first term.

I appreciate the feedback.

Forum List

Back