Would you vote for an atheist

Would you vote for an atheist for president of the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • MountainMan is an idiot for asking this question

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Everybody that runs for president is 'expected' to proclaim their religious affiliation.

Why or why not?

I would not. Atheists have a goal of making atheism the law of the land.

No we don't not by any means want to make atheism the law of the land. We do believe in separation of church and state, but that is a far cry from making atheism the law of the land.

I, as a matter of fact, believe that religion plays the very important role in soceity of teaching basic human morality to the multitudes of sub-humans that just don't get the concepts of basic human decency any other way.

If it weren't for religion, most of the religious people would become total animals.

Everybody that runs for president is 'expected' to proclaim their religious affiliation.

Why or why not?
No. It's bad enough seeing atheists going out of their way to belittle people who believe in God online.

I haven't made up my mind whether that is being done by actual atheists in America or enemies of America trying to elicit ill will between Americans thus dividing us. It's simply unclear to me.

No we don't not by any means want to make atheism the law of the land. We do believe in separation of church and state, but that is a far cry from making atheism the law of the land.

I, as a matter of fact, believe that religion plays the very important role in soceity of teaching basic human morality to the multitudes of sub-humans that just don't get the concepts of basic human decency any other way.

If it weren't for religion, most of the religious people would become total animals.

^ This is exactly why I would not vote an atheist.

Forum List

Back