Would you try living on the moon, Mars or elsewhere?

I was watching a show about our rover on mars and then it hit me. We should send AI to Mars. Let AI build it before we
Sounds like the plot for a movie where the AI develops its own robot society on mars and eventually invaded Earth

Sounds like the plot for a movie where the AI develops its own robot society on mars and eventually invaded Earth

You would think we could figure out a way to make them 99% human like but not that way. Not the evil in us.

But if I were AI, and I was designed to take out anything that was a threat to me, I'd take humans out.

I was watching a show about our rover on mars and then it hit me. We should send AI to Mars. Let AI build it before we go.

No I wouldn't want to be the first people to go. But what if this were Mars?

p029ndkk.jpg
It would be smarter to send AI to Mars if we decide to develop there. NASA is talking about sending humans first to explore and then decide like we did with the moon. I doubt anyone wants to live on the moon from the findings.

It would be smarter to send AI to Mars if we decide to develop there. NASA is talking about sending humans first to explore and then decide like we did with the moon. I doubt anyone wants to live on the moon from the findings.

Well if AI were smarter, and I was an astronaut, I'd want them to go make it safe for me. Do all the hard work. We can man them like we do drones. Or if they are really smart they don't need us manning them. Just send them to do their mission. Imagine you show up in your space suit and you would die without it but your AI crew are walking around like they are on earth.

Ever watch the Martian? I can't imagine leaving earth for that. I just got back from up north MI. God's country. So many trees and water. But boy was it cold. My brother's 65 acres was 25% still snow. It snowed Saturday.

The moon would seem to be a good place to locate a penal colony. The inmates could spend their sentences mining coaxium , coal or other mineral available on the moon. Seems to be a good replacement for Guantanamo Bay if they ever shut that done. Terrorists would have a very difficult time escaping, so they would not be a danger to American women and children.

The moon would seem to be a good place to locate a penal colony. The inmates could spend their sentences mining coaxium , coal or other mineral available on the moon. Seems to be a good replacement for Guantanamo Bay if they ever shut that done. Terrorists would have a very difficult time escaping, so they would not be a danger to American women and children.
Well, I don't know what coaxium is but I'm pretty sure there is no coal on the Moon.

Well if AI were smarter, and I was an astronaut, I'd want them to go make it safe for me. Do all the hard work. We can man them like we do drones. Or if they are really smart they don't need us manning them. Just send them to do their mission. Imagine you show up in your space suit and you would die without it but your AI crew are walking around like they are on earth.

Ever watch the Martian? I can't imagine leaving earth for that. I just got back from up north MI. God's country. So many trees and water. But boy was it cold. My brother's 65 acres was 25% still snow. It snowed Saturday.
I doubt most people would want to live on Mars as not much resources there. Maybe NASA would not send astronauts there, but if AI was close to being human, then they may send it instead. I suppose to explore and gather data on whether humans could survive there, i.e. water source close to the surface and whether plants and vegetables could be grown. It would be interesting if they could. It could lead to humans wanting to colonize. Maybe it could become a space station terminal or temporary shelter. Would you want to go then or would someone have to turn it into some kind of destination vacation area underneath glass or plastic.

I doubt most people would want to live on Mars as not much resources there. Maybe NASA would not send astronauts there, but if AI was close to being human, then they may send it instead. I suppose to explore and gather data on whether humans could survive there, i.e. water source close to the surface and whether plants and vegetables could be grown. It would be interesting if they could. It could lead to humans wanting to colonize. Maybe it could become a space station terminal or temporary shelter. Would you want to go then or would someone have to turn it into some kind of destination vacation area underneath glass or plastic.
From what I’ve heard Mars is closer to the meteor belt and it’s easier to take off into outer space from Mars. Plus let’s mine Mars and the meteor belt instead of earth right? What if Mars has oil? Even coal.

CA governor Gavin Newsome wants to speed up his bill to fight climate change. We've been to the moon back and are thinking about sending a manned mission to Mars. Once a planet or moon is found that we may be able to colonize, would you be one of the first colonists to live there if you thought the Earth was going downhill too fast? There may be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, that is like Earth. Usually, the first colonizers are the most successful.

Jupiters moons are NOTHING like earth. Nearly no atmosphere. -250 F. PERHAPS a vast water world under a very thick ice sheet. Very low gravity making it uninhabitable for the long term

There is NO place like earth in this solar system.

Musk is working toward sending an army of robots to Mars to pave the way for humans. I don't expect anything to come of his ambitious plan

It would be cool to visit the moon. But wouldn't care for living in a permanent bubble for the rest of my life.
Mars would be cool to visit, but not until we could reduce travel time.
I like open sky, trees and lakes far too much to permanently leave Earth.
But neither are happening for me in my lifetime. Just have to look at rover pictures.

Musk is working toward sending an army of robots to Mars to pave the way for humans. I don't expect anything to come of his ambitious plan
I do. We are depleting our planet of it's resources. What if we can get all the oil we need from Mars? And all the iron and metals from the meteor belt?

I think of how many cars we make every year. How much steel we pull out of the ground to make all those cars. Or plastic. We could be getting this stuff in outerspace.

And the funny thing is, our government will fund the way. Then Shell Oil will get the free oil. And charge us $4 a gallon for it.

Did you hear about this?

After circling the moon, the spacecraft will return to Earth for a splashdown landing in the Pacific Ocean.

Artemis II is expected to pave the way for the Artemis III mission later this decade, which NASA has vowed will put the first woman and person of color on the lunar surface. It will also mark the first time humans have touched down on the moon since the Apollo program ended in 1972.

The Artemis III mission is expected to take off later this decade. But much of the technology the mission will require, including spacesuits for walking on the moon and a lunar landerto ferry the astronauts to the moon’s surface, is still in development.

NASA is targeting a 2025 launch date for Artemis III, though the space agency’s inspector general has already said delays will likely push the mission to 2026 or later.

The space agency has been seeking to return people to the moon for more than a decade. The Artemis program was designed to pave the way to establishing a permanent lunar outpost, allowing astronauts to live and work deeper into space long term as NASA and its partners map a path to sending the first humans to Mars.

Talk about LUNACY! This is it.
On earth we use diesel powered heavy machinery to build. No atmosphere on the moon or Mars.
Profoundly epxensive to transport anything to either place.
How much oxygen do you need to bring with you?
Build a glass house and a meteor destroys it, goodbye.
Waste, energy, food, electrical generation.
Utter nonsense. And mining???? By hand? It's all rocks anyway. How much mining is going on in the California desert?
By hand? Gold and silver are useless incidentally. You can't eat them or run engines with them.

Forum List

Back