Would You Support Crucifiction As a Sentencing Option?

Would You Support Crucifiction As a Sentencing Option?

• Total voters

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
On paper crucifiction is arguably one the most agonising way to die. You have nails driven through you wrists and ankles, and you're left at the mercy of gravity and carrion birds... that will converge on you while you're still alive.

Personally speaking, I'm generally against the death penalty, as I think spending the rest of your days in the confines of a Supermax is a fitting means of mental torture. But having said that, there are some crimes that demand the ultimate of restitutions, such as the rape of a minor or mass murder - such as unloading a gun in a packed classroom.

Would you support the idea of a convicted pedophile being lead from the courtroom to a place of execution where they're literally nailed to a cross and left to die?

If you disagree, could you live in a society/country that resurrected and used one of the Romans' most enduring legacies?

I understand the appeal of having this kind of punishment. Some crimes are so heinous that an "eye for an eye" type of response might be desired. Our Constitution does not allow for cruel or unusual punishments though. Crucifixion, burning at the stake, impalement, breaking on the wheel, and other medieval punishments wouldn't be allowed in today's society, nor would I support a return to such barbaric punishments.

But having said that, there are some crimes that demand the ultimate of restitutions, such as the rape of a minor or mass murder - such as unloading a gun in a packed classroom.

For ultimate restitution, why not require people who have participated in child slavery or sex trafficking to invest labor and resources into converting sweat shops into school programs.
So people who owe restitution can work at this labor for life, and pay the way for women and children rescued from slavery and abuse to go to school and rebuild their lives.

Couldn't the extent of the damages and destruction done by people be assessed and paid back by investing in programs that would HELP as many women and children enslaved by poverty for lack of resources and support?

I'm guessing most USBM Republicans would. When you scream out "let him die", does it really matter how? Besides people who applaud executions probably find it entertaining.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocKFSLsZnUo]Republicans Cheer Texas Death Penalty at GOP Debate - YouTube[/ame]

The Jews supported Jesus being crucified.

this occurred for the higher purpose of ending all sacrifice,
and breaking the cycle of retribution for all humanity.

It did not end crucifixtion.

over time, yes the process of "Restorative Justice" that Jesus represents --
through divine forgiveness, healing, and redemption/recovery -- DOES bring an
end to self-destructive strife and suffering, where the focus shifts to life and love.

No it does not serve any positive or justicable purpose in a civilized society.

What a silly question!

Why support crucifixion? what for?

a lethal injection the electric chair.... are much better... and quick .... you have to be practical... and go on to the next ... many awaiting you know

What a silly question!

a lethal injection the electric chair.... are much better... and quick .... you have to be practical... and go on to the next ... many awaiting you know

I am opposed to those as well for the same reasons.

What a silly question!

the guillotine then?

joking :eusa_eh:

What a silly question!

the guillotine then?

joking :eusa_eh:

Now we are back in the 15th century lol.

As if electrocution isn't cruel and unusual.

Killing people is anti-social.

Execution is killing.

Society committing an anti-social act is contradictory, hypocritical and absurd.

Certainly, anyone arguing against abortion must be against the death penalty.

I'm guessing most USBM Republicans would. When you scream out "let him die", does it really matter how? Besides people who applaud executions probably find it entertaining.

Republicans Cheer Texas Death Penalty at GOP Debate - YouTube

I don't recall ever screaming that out.
In fact I never said those words ever.
I'm willing to bet a few million republicans never said those words either.

We do know one person said it and maybe it was more then one.

Forum List

Back