Would You Own A Slave?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I know its wrong but if you were rich and owning slaves were legal would you own someone? You might even justify that you wouldn't be mean to your slaves and if you didn't own them someone else would. Maybe someone not as nice as you.

And you own a company where the slaves cost you $10k a year each but a white worker would cost you $30k. We know right there every republican would say no brainer.

What if they were Isis captives? Assuming they wouldnt kill you in your sleep. Would you own one of bin Laden's lunch men?

Is this what basically happens when a rich american buys a mail order bride from a 3rd world country?

I know its wrong but if you were rich and owning slaves were legal would you own someone? You might even justify that you wouldn't be mean to your slaves and if you didn't own them someone else would. Maybe someone not as nice as you.

And you own a company where the slaves cost you $10k a year each but a white worker would cost you $30k. We know right there every republican would say no brainer.

What if they were Isis captives? Assuming they wouldnt kill you in your sleep. Would you own one of bin Laden's lunch men?

Is this what basically happens when a rich american buys a mail order bride from a 3rd world country?

No, the question is do you beat out your competition in a planter economy or do you allow them to beat you (Slaves were too untrustworthy to operate heavy machinery so I'll put this in the context of a planter economy). If slavery were legal and we still had a planter economy then those planters who wanted to go beyond subsistence farming would necessarily need to buy slaves to remain competitive or stay out of the market. Of course, there are a number of schools of historical thought on this. Either way, if you went into heavy production of sugar or cotton (spending most of your natural life in perpetual debt), then slavery is a no brainer. Especially when your competitors are doing it.

Your question is not as easy as it may seem.

Last edited:
Perhaps if single, 30 years younger, and had a really nice Dungeon....

lesbian-slave-chained-and-collared.jpg

why would you want to own arab slaves? they dont want to work. A rich American buys a mail order bride, then she ends up divorcing him in a few years, shes not a slave. If you want to talk about slaves there are real slaves being sold right now in Iraq, that should upset you more than your PRETEND slaves you are imagining.

I Just read an article that in China you can hire a girl friend for 30$ a week, go figure.

I was going to take this and have a bit a fun, but you had to be a lying troll.

so no soup for you

No, the question is do you beat out your competition in a planter economy or do you allow them to beat you (Slaves were too untrustworthy to operate heavy machinery so I'll put this in the context of a planter economy). If slavery were legal and we still had a planter economy then those planters who wanted to go beyond subsistence farming would necessarily need to buy slaves to remain competitive or stay out of the market. Of course, there are a number of schools of historical thought on this. Either way, if you went into heavy production of sugar or cotton (spending most of your natural life in perpetual debt), then slavery is a no brainer. Especially when your competitors are doing it.

I'd go for automation. Machines are much cheaper and loads more efficient. Machinery doesn't fall prey to unionization, either.

why would you want to own arab slaves? they dont want to work. A rich American buys a mail order bride, then she ends up divorcing him in a few years, shes not a slave. If you want to talk about slaves there are real slaves being sold right now in Iraq, that should upset you more than your PRETEND slaves you are imagining.
Good point, but not only in Iraq. Boco Harum has been taking and trading slaves, as well. But it's all OK.

I'd go for automation. Machines are much cheaper and loads more efficient. Machinery doesn't fall prey to unionization, either.

I guess all of our children should seek engineering degrees. Now lets look up the number of black children pursuing degrees in engineering. .. .. .. oh my .... .. African American Studies? Tisk Tisk. I suppose there is a reason there are no black Fields Medal Winners.

Good point, but not only in Iraq. Boco Harum has been taking and trading slaves, as well. But it's all OK.

Indeed, slavery exists the most today in black run countries. Funny how that worked out. They'll still find a way to blame whites for that too though.

I guess all of our children should seek engineering degrees. Now lets look up the number of black children pursuing degrees in engineering. .. .. .. oh my .... .. African American Studies? Tisk Tisk. I suppose there is a reason there are no black Fields Medal Winners.
Better off slaves than engineers? I suppose slaves are more eco-friendly than machines.

Why the fuck do you think I got married. I have a slave with benefits. When she slacks off...that's what girlfriends or for. They all know their place.

Forum List

Back