Would you do the Wall Street fraud?

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
Would you do the mortgage fraud in 2008 if you had the chance of sitting as CEO of Goldman Sachs or something receiving bonuses on the cost of the people?

Personally I would, I'm a greedy evil guy who deserve to get killed I guess :D But come on, millions and millions of dollars, my kids can graduate and my mother could retire etc etc. I would let the americans pay some extra taxes for bailouts to have that.

Actually I admire "Wall Street" for outsmarting the rest of the people, I mean they actually succeeded and they walk away with our money legally. Really intelligent people in a way.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
No.

I can see why someone would, but your reasoning is incorrect. Wall Street didn't outsmart anyone. If you leave a bunch of monkeys in a cage with knifes expecting no one to get hurt, then you are an idiot. However, when you come back to the cage later and half the monkeys are dead, it doesn't mean that they outsmarted you.

The financial meltdown is more akin to someone driving off a cliff in the fog having realized long ago s/he should slow down but hubris preventing him/her from doing so.

READ MORE Would you do the Wall Street fraud? - Yahoo! Answers

that is why the sec under Bush never implemented the parts of GLBact about brokers.

Most people wouldnot have done it.

That was done so the banks could hire and train their own brokers only enough to sell the securities and not enough to really know their value.

How many went to jail?

Republicans say as long as it's legal, it's OK.

And Wall Street hires the best Republican politicians money can buy to make sure it's legal.

What are "ethics"? Who cares?

That is why they want the markets unfettered so immoral things can be done in the name of profit

Would you do the mortgage fraud in 2008 if you had the chance of sitting as CEO of Goldman Sachs or something receiving bonuses on the cost of the people?

Personally I would, I'm a greedy evil guy who deserve to get killed I guess :D But come on, millions and millions of dollars, my kids can graduate and my mother could retire etc etc. I would let the americans pay some extra taxes for bailouts to have that.

Actually I admire "Wall Street" for outsmarting the rest of the people, I mean they actually succeeded and they walk away with our money legally. Really intelligent people in a way.

No.

I can see why someone would, but your reasoning is incorrect. Wall Street didn't outsmart anyone. If you leave a bunch of monkeys in a cage with knifes expecting no one to get hurt, then you are an idiot. However, when you come back to the cage later and half the monkeys are dead, it doesn't mean that they outsmarted you.

The financial meltdown is more akin to someone driving off a cliff in the fog having realized long ago s/he should slow down but hubris preventing him/her from doing so.

And the icing on the cake is privilege of protection at the tax payers expense.
Want to know the definition of a true coward?

wow how silly you are

Spare me.

I have beyond a true file on the man. Soros is the epitome of one of the most disgusting puppetmasters on the planet.

When he linked up with Ayers and Bernie to back Bam Bam well even Hillary knew all was lost.

I know your side very well.

Dirt????

They know romeny is more likely to do their bidding.

And that's why silly one no one is going to cave this time round on a piece of "milk toast" like Romney. If his campaign manager keeps trying to play him this way, he will lose.

And he's great when he attacks Obama on never ever having a job. Cripes, I was doing cartweels in the living room (ok, well in my mind) over it.

I for one actually admire the man. Don't get me wrong here. He took on one of the most liberal states in the union and tried to hold the line.

I keep trying to explain to real right wingers what Mitt had to do in that state. And I admire him for it.

I don't know how he did it frankly.

I just don't want anyone to jump too soon.

I am though getting ready to back Herman Cain.

Last edited:

No.

"Would you do the mortgage fraud in 2008..."

Hey, don't you want to start in 1938, with FDR's instituting the GSE's, Fannie and Freddy??

No?

How about 1979 when Democrat Carter put the screws on the banks with the CRA?

No?

OK...then how about Democrat Clinton and his HUD guy Cuomo who ramped up the pressure?

Still no....?

OK....I get it....it's smoke you're looking for, not light.
So...your doctrine remains: government should dictate the private economy....
even with the effect being the mortgage meltdown.

Not too smart...

Wall street ain't your enemy lefties. I had a freaking mortgage for the last fifty years on one piece of property or another and I never had a problem. Every pension in the US is invested in Wall Street. Back in the 90's under Clinton democrats forced lenders to make bad loans or risk civil rights litigation. In a scheme worthy of organized crime the bad loans were bundled with good loans and sold back to banks and lending institutions as good loans. When the risky borrowers couldn't make payments democrats blamed the banks. The very strange partnership between congress and the private sector collapsed under democrat leadership (or lack of it). Barney Frank told America that Fannie Mae was doing fine when it was in desperate trouble. One of Obama's financial advisors was CEO of Fannie for a while and walked away with 90 million in bonus money for three years work. The books were allegedly cooked to show a profit that was tied to Frank Raines salary.

Forum List

Back