Would You Consider American Politics Abnormal...

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
...or so kinky as to actually be Paranormal??? I deliberately left out 'normal' for American politick'n is anything BUT normal.

Don't know if "kinky" is the proper term, but fetishes have certainly replaced genuine issues in public debate.

...or so kinky as to actually be Paranormal??? I deliberately left out 'normal' for American politick'n is anything BUT normal.

Politics today is sort of like in "Young Frankenstein" where Igor goes out and gets a brain from a Mr. Normal. Yes, AB Normal.

I like your avatar!

Thanks. It's deeper than you would think. I am a Network Engineer in a town with a 4 year University that churns out kids with that stamped on toilet paper. There are more Computer Repair Shops than Bars and Churches combined. Where else can you get a 4 year Engineering Degree, work as a repairman, make just over minimum wage. The Older hands are generally doing other jobs like Retail, Used Car Sales, Truck Driving, pouring cement, etc.. I got hurt on one of those "Other" jobs and couldn't do manual labor any more. But because I could work in my trained field, I was refused any assistance. For two years, I was literally unemployable because of my injury. I had one small retirement income luckily but that' was just enough to keep me from begging on the streets. That and my pride and honor. It was a rough 2 years. I, then, filed for early Social Security and had the 2nd income coming in. At 67, I had another retirement income kick in.

So, for me, the Avatar is very fitting.

Political discourse is counterintuitive and unnatural, promoting the delay of action and slow downsizing, micromanagement and erosion of civil freedoms. Politics demand constant change, fixing everything that wasnt broken, needed or not. The computer programs were reduced to applications that were in turn reduced in the next gen, erroding the applications into widgets and the widgets became idgets and now they are simply jits. They want to make them even smaller but they havent figured out how to raise taxes above 99%.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back