would you be offended?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
.....let's say you are a white guy and go to Japan, or some Asian country....they have an Asian film that is a comedy where an Asian plays a white guy....and he does '''white'' [ hahahah ] stuff ...would you be offended?? I would not.....I would laugh---hahahhahahah
...I was reading about how Mickey Rooney's depiction of an Asian in Breakfast at Tiffany's and how it was RACIST/etc
..I know--I know--I'm a racist--hahahhahahahhahah

300px-Starring_Mickey_Rooney.jpg

Breakfast at Tiffany's (film) - Wikipedia

I've been to several countries where they have had films that depict Americans as buffoons. Was I offended? Not really, because I know that there are a few Americans who travel abroad that act like they are better than everyone else, which is why in Europe, you sometimes hear the term "ugly American".

And, I don't get bent out of shape when movies show actual depictions of what drug dealers and criminals are like in the ghetto, because that is what it is like.

I don't even get offended by movies like "Blazing Saddles", because I understand it is satire, and making fun of all the racist crap that can go on.

However.........................there are certain films that depict minorities in a bad light that can be considered racist. When I've seen those, I simply stop watching and find something else to do.

.....let's say you are a white guy and go to Japan, or some Asian country....they have an Asian film that is a comedy where an Asian plays a white guy....and he does '''white'' [ hahahah ] stuff ...would you be offended?? I would not.....I would laugh---hahahhahahah
...I was reading about how Mickey Rooney's depiction of an Asian in Breakfast at Tiffany's and how it was RACIST/etc

It never bothered me being the so called ugly American.

It never bothered me being the so called ugly American.
that was an very good and foretelling movie
The_Ugly_American_poster.jpg

No. But the OP is still a fruitcake.
..thank you for voting no--a common sense vote--as you agree with me---so you agree with the OP --yet you call him/it a fruitcake = you are a fruticake??!!

I'm not offended by anything others say or do. It's why I despise this snowflake mentality some keep pushing.

Have you ever noticed how many blacks or latinos are in Japan? Why is that?

I'm not offended by anything others say or do. It's why I despise this snowflake mentality some keep pushing.

Wow...............in the first sentence, you say that you aren't offended by anything others say or do. In the very next sentence, you contradict yourself.

If you're not offended by anything others say or do, then them having a snowflake mentality and pushing it shouldn't bother you either.

You're a Trump supporter, aren't you?

Have you ever noticed how many blacks or latinos are in Japan? Why is that?
..they limit immigration, I thought

Wow...............in the first sentence, you say that you aren't offended by anything others say or do. In the very next sentence, you contradict yourself.

If you're not offended by anything others say or do, then them having a snowflake mentality and pushing it shouldn't bother you either.

The only thing that really offends me today, is the actually stupidity of the left. At one time just lying was so bad, that it would make you a dishonorable son of a bitch, but those like Adam Shit and Nan From San Fransicko, just lie all the time. It just shows US who is even more stupid than they are, because those who vote or believe the shit for brains like Ad and Nan, are far less intelligent than they are.

I despise the squelching of speech we often see from the snowflakes.

The only thing that really offends me today, is the actually stupidity of the left. At one time just lying was so bad, that it would make you a dishonorable son of a bitch, but those like Adam Shit and Nan From San Fransicko, just lie all the time. It just shows US who is even more stupid than they are, because those who vote or believe the shit for brains like Ad and Nan, are far less intelligent than they are.
I find it offensive that the lying sons think I'm so stupid that I don't recognize their blatant bigotry for what it is. I am offended that they are offended.

I find it offensive that the lying sons think I'm so stupid that I don't recognize their blatant bigotry for what it is. I am offended that they are offended.
And this is why more people are moving away from the left. Except the Moderates(who are too ashamed to call themselves liberals) who will always be never trumpers, for they are just as stupid as the rest of the liberals.

So there are things that offend you, which makes your first statement that nothing anyone does offends you false.

So there are things that offend you, which makes your first statement that nothing anyone does offends you false.
You seem confused. Are you a democrat?

Being truly "offended" is not at all the same as holding someone in contempt

Film, Theater, Stand-up Comedy, Situational Comedy, Painting, Sculpture, and any other kind of artform you care to name is, by its very nature, controversial.

I don't get offended by any of it. People who do need serious therapy.

Just like those who get offended by another world view.

Seriously, if one cannot stand back from their own emotions, seek help.

Forum List

Back