Would someone please explain what the problem is?

The problem is you have to decipher WHICH "math" these so-called "experts" are using, before you can determine what this "math" is supposed to represent.

More often than not, you are reading about CORPORATE MATH, which is created and used as a scare tactic by corporations for bilking money out of the sheeples or smaller companies that have yet to figure out this scam.

Then there is Political Math, which is the same as Corporate Math, but is used by politicians for THEIR private agenda's.

Then there is Social Math, which is used specifically to scare the sheeples and morons into believing anything and everything that propaganda driven social organizations are wanting you to believe. You will find the little Nazi Girl, Greta Thunberg, using this "math" all the time.

Then there is Hollywood Math. This is just a bunch of random numbers and equations posted publicly for any reason they need to scam people, because 99.99% of the sheeples in this country CANNOT DO MATH for one thing, DON'T CARE about math for another thing, and BELIEVE ANYTHING Hellyweird has to say, regardless of truth or fact.

Then finally, REALITY MATH. The true math, the one based in reality, which can be written and argued as actual points in any debate. In this math, 1+1 does in actuality equal 2.

As far as online information is concerned............

ANYBODY can write anything online and post it as "fact".
Why?
Because most all sheeples are too stupid, too lazy, or too self-entitled to do the correct research and find out for themselves, if what they are reading is in actuality a true FACT, or if it's a load of bullshyte like most everything else.

I don't even have to look up exact figures, I just do the math very roughly... but...

The world's population exploded from around 1 billion in 1900 to 6 to 7 billion today... in 1900, there were hardly any cars, hardly any fossil fuels were burnt, plastics were not yet invented and the amount of untouched woods was grotesquely larger than it is today.

How can anybody in his right mind say with a straight face that he is perfectly sure that such a huge explosion of human doing on this planet will have no grave consequences on the health of nature?
The solution?

WAR

Take more humans out and the CO2 problem goes away.

43.1 billion tons of Co2 emitted per year.
Explain that.
You should quote the whole thing.

In 2019, about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere.

The earth produces CO2 naturally as well. I don't know what the answer is... I do know that your equation is missing some variables.
Now that is a valid point! So let's do a little research OK?
The largest source of greenhouse gas emissions from human activities in the United States is from burning fossil fuels for electricity, heat, and transportation.

Although our output of 29 gigatons of CO2 is tiny compared to the 750 gigatons moving through the carbon cycle each year, it adds up because the land and ocean cannot absorb all of the extra CO2. About 40% of this additional CO2 is absorbed.
So human activities make up less than 3.87% of the 750 gigatons of Co2 absorption. Hmmm...

So human activities make up less than 3.87% of the 750 gigatons of Co2 absorption. Hmmm...
Well... Now you are only using the US for numbers in comparison to the whole world production, so you still have some missing variables.

But you have a much better argument from where you started IMHO.

Edit: At least that is my assumption... You went from 43.1 to 29 gigatons....

Maybe we wont have to worry about killing the planet, As we are too busy killing & hating each other.

This simple math issue is perfect example of how the MSM totally blows out of proportion their inaccurate reporting!
Remember a few years ago all the angst over plastic straws?
Plastic straw banning based on a 9 year old kid's calling straw makers and asking how many straws they made...not how many straws consumed! Yet the MSM took this 9 year old's phone calls and turned the approach to CONSUMED! Which was totally wrong.
View attachment 497937

There's no way in hell a single plastic straw weighs 1.5 oz. I might buy .15 oz

Last edited:
This simple math issue is perfect example of how the MSM totally blows out of proportion their inaccurate reporting!
Plastic straw banning based on a 9 year old kid's calling straw makers and asking how many straws they made...not how many straws consumed! Yet the MSM took this 9 year old's phone calls and turned the approach to CONSUMED! Which was totally wrong.
View attachment 497937

one sixty-seventh of an ounce or .42 grams—that all those billions of straws add up to only about 2,000 tons of the nearly 9 million tons of plastic waste that yearly hits the waters.
So recalculating the number in the below attachment...
3 million lbs of straws at 1/67th of an ounce or is equal to 3,216,000,000 straws per day according to the below where Wikipedia claims 3 million pounds used every day!

500straws_last121218.png

View attachment 497937

one sixty-seventh of an ounce or .42 grams—that all those billions of straws add up to only about 2,000 tons of the nearly 9 million tons of plastic waste that yearly hits the waters.
3 million lbs of straws at 1/67th of an ounce or is equal to 3,216,000,000 straws per day according to the below where Wikipedia claims 3 million pounds used every day!

View attachment 497991

So it takes 67 straws to equal one ounce, not 1.5 oz per. That sounds much more reasonable. Also you need to be mindful it you're converting grams to imperial or troy ounces.

Last edited:
I keep running across the following figures and have had yet a refutation of the calculations.
Maybe someone on this forum can explain the following?
View attachment 497928
Question, is the number of Trees on the planet getting smaller or larger?
Question #2, is the volume of CO2 emissions getting smaller or larger?
Question #3, why are you ignoring the major role in the carbon cycle that plankton plays?
I am not answering any of the above questions because they are not relevant.
Stick to the facts.
3.04 trillion trees absorb 53.2 billion tons of Co2.
leaving 10.1 billion tons of absorption capacity.
Explain that.
By “not relevant” do you mean to say “inconvenient to your argument”?

One might suspect that you have predetermined conclusion based less on the available evidence and more on feeding confirmation bias.
I am asking a simple math question!

OIC, so you want to borrow a calculator, why didn't you just say so.

Here you go.

Enjoy.

View attachment 497937

View attachment 497991

So it takes 67 straws to equal one ounce, not 1.5 oz per. That sounds much more reasonable. Also you need to be mindful it you're converting grams to imperial or troy ounces.

I agree it is important to use the correct unit of measure. The POINT is the MSM claims have to be questioned. 3,216,000,000 straws per day used in the USA equals 3 million pounds. What??

I keep running across the following figures and have had yet a refutation of the calculations.
Maybe someone on this forum can explain the following?
View attachment 497928
Question, is the number of Trees on the planet getting smaller or larger?
Question #2, is the volume of CO2 emissions getting smaller or larger?
Question #3, why are you ignoring the major role in the carbon cycle that plankton plays?
I am not answering any of the above questions because they are not relevant.
Stick to the facts.
3.04 trillion trees absorb 53.2 billion tons of Co2.
leaving 10.1 billion tons of absorption capacity.
Explain that.
By “not relevant” do you mean to say “inconvenient to your argument”?

One might suspect that you have predetermined conclusion based less on the available evidence and more on feeding confirmation bias.
I am asking a simple math question!

OIC, so you want to borrow a calculator, why didn't you just say so.

Here you go.

Enjoy.
But you ignore the facts.
1) The MSM used the term CONSUMED when it was MADE!
2) 3 million lbs of straws per day is over 3.2 billion straws per day. Or 10 straws per every American!
Strawsnotvalid.jpg

Forum List

Back