Would black folks vote for this guy?

The practice of tossing a candidate of a certain race, sex, religion, etc. out to try to hook voters of that particular demographic group is patronizing and absurd. It is ridiculous to assume that group identity is the only factor of concern to any members of a demographic group.

Candidates should run on the policies and legislation they support and will further if elected, and on their records if they have one.

At least I won't have any racial problem deciding how to vote in the upcoming presidential election. I'm voting for the white guy with the better policies and record.:D

Monds may be able to get some votes in Georgia, but if Stacey Abrams couldn't win, he won't. There aren't that many black libertarians and the idea that less government is good has never worked for blacks because when whites talk about reducing government the reduction of our rights follows.
You mean the reduction of your handouts!

Gosh but this is 2020 innit?

Teflon Theory of History
Sat Oct 9th 2010 by abagond

The Teflon Theory of American History
says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.
For example:
Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.
Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.
Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.
So then why is Teflon Theory believed?
  • Because of how American history is taught:
    • American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
  • Because of the needs of White American self-image:
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
  • Because middle-class whites are protected from the ugly present:
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Quit whining. You have it good in the US.

When you stop whining about the government that has given whites everything they have, I'll consider it.

Here is another angle on this discussion. Do we, as Americans, regardless of race, color, or creed, believe these points to be the truth:
  • all men (human beings) are created equal
  • they are endowed with certain unalienable rights
  • governments are instituted among them to secure those rights
  • governments derive their power from the consent of the governed
If we cannot agree that these basic points are true, I cannot see how we can possible continue as a nation. If we can, we belong together. I don't care about race, color, or creed, as long as we all agree that the above points are true. If we have that in common, NOTHING ELSE will come between us.

These guys probably wouldn't like me very much:
BlackPantherpic.JPG

But, I would have nothing but love for them. They are exercising an unalienable right. I would have grabbed my rifle and protested with them.

But, what happened?

The very government instituted among us to protect their unalienable right TURNED ON THEM and became their enemy!!! How is giving more power to the creature that turned on them supposed to help?

Can we all agree that this statement is true:
  • whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends (of preserving unalienable rights), it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government
They were protesting because the government denied them rights while giving whites extra rights. States rights caused this and that was because whites wanted to limit the power of the federal government.

He looks like a good choice for voters who hate President Trump, but can't stomach voting for an incompetent like Joe "Grandpa Simpson" Biden- regardless of the racial identity of the voter.
Nah. I'm pretty sure most people in the whole country would rather vote to get rid of trump instead, so they'll vote for Biden. They already know it sucks to have the conman, cult star we have now and voting for one person is only way to take out the trash. It is not just that he is a dividing, arrogant two-bit politician with bad judgement and no political self restraint, who hates over half of America. He is just a pitiful example of certain malevolent humans in general, totally lacking in character, morals or ethics. Just ask his three wives or the beauty pagent contestants, or the hookers and bimbos he has paid off even when he could not bribe them to keep it out of the public knowledge. His long term lawyer is still in jail for doing the bidding of UN-indicted co-conspirator #1, who tweets as a free man, above the law to hand down his little pronouncements.
Lol bro.... Apparently they don't have any awareness minerals in your water.
Take a one a day or something
I get my National Award (5 years in a row) winning water from JEA Utilities same as you on the other side of town, so apparently you don't have Awareness minerals either.
I'm not from jackson, I told you thats where my gf was from.
But at least my water is clean. Because you're has got you messed up in the head.
EVERYTHING you just posted has bidens name all over it.
Its almost as if you are a partisan hack like every other dumbfuck on this site.
Because your reasoning is bullshit

No white person had government at every level enact rules to deny them opportunity for the last 243 years. This is not about nit picking.
AND YOU DON'T WANT LIMITED GOVERNMENT????

I've got to say, I really do not understand your reasoning.

He looks like a good choice for voters who hate President Trump, but can't stomach voting for an incompetent like Joe "Grandpa Simpson" Biden- regardless of the racial identity of the voter.
Nah. I'm pretty sure most people in the whole country would rather vote to get rid of trump instead, so they'll vote for Biden. They already know it sucks to have the conman, cult star we have now and voting for one person is only way to take out the trash. It is not just that he is a dividing, arrogant two-bit politician with bad judgement and no political self restraint, who hates over half of America. He is just a pitiful example of certain malevolent humans in general, totally lacking in character, morals or ethics. Just ask his three wives or the beauty pagent contestants, or the hookers and bimbos he has paid off even when he could not bribe them to keep it out of the public knowledge. His long term lawyer is still in jail for doing the bidding of UN-indicted co-conspirator #1, who tweets as a free man, above the law to hand down his little pronouncements.
I get my National Award (5 years in a row) winning water from JEA Utilities same as you on the other side of town, so apparently you don't have Awareness minerals either.
But at least my water is clean. Because you're has got you messed up in the head.
Its almost as if you are a partisan hack like every other dumbfuck on this site.
I thought you were from Bemis community in south Jackson. Congrats on your clean water. You probably the got the idea I support Joe Biden for President of the United States of America in 2020 because I certainly do, especially in light of trump's stances (varied and erratic) on the Covid-19 pandemic since the beginning and the US Government response, that made our country number #1 on the planet among all nations in total infected and total dead. With trumps leadership we surged ahead, coming from way way behind in record time, making us great again as world famous for miss-handling the epidemic worse than any country on earth. I was certainly less than thrilled with trump's administrative talents (or lack there of), hiring ability and judgement after the first 9 months of his administration, but had no idea he would be recommending people expose themselves to the they type and intensity of UV light (UV3) repuired to effectively kill the virus on the skin (as well and destroy skin and possibly injure eyes up to and including blindness. You haven't been taking cleaning chemicals into your body have you?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
No white person had government at every level enact rules to deny them opportunity for the last 243 years. This is not about nit picking.

I want good government. I don't expect you to understand because you aren't black and you spend too much time trying to dismiss things blacks talk about. Limited government meant states rights whereby states could avoid following federal law if they chose to. Doing that allowed states to make decisions on whether they had to follow federal law and a lot did not do so. Therefore whatever you think limited government is, I don't trust.

Last, government is in the business of helping people. Now you are not going to be able to have the same size government for 330,000,000 people as you would 50,000,000 people. You are not going to have the same size government you had for 13 states as you do for 50. Any business grows as its customer base grows and this is where you conservatives miss the boat.

But even with all that, the limited government argument was not being done until civil rights was passed.

I want good government. I don't expect you to understand because you aren't black and you spend too much time trying to dismiss things blacks talk about. Limited government meant states rights whereby states could avoid following federal law if they chose to. Doing that allowed states to make decisions on whether they had to follow federal law and a lot did not do so. Therefore whatever you think limited government is, I don't trust.

Last, government is in the business of helping people. Now you are not going to be able to have the same size government for 330,000,000 people as you would 50,000,000 people. You are not going to have the same size government you had for 13 states as you do for 50. Any business grows as its customer base grows and this is where you conservatives miss the boat.

But even with all that, the limited government argument was not being done until civil rights was passed.
The government in human history has managed population reductions. Also has managed mass poverty with massive corruption of its ruling classes. With all of your rhetoric based on hate, bigotry and racism, you deny that anyone else has faced any or all of that. Very few people will stand up and admit what they have done to another person or more. Look how we have reduced ourselves with this current issue. It existed before. But now in the worse case scenario, there will be retribution. And up to now there has been some payback. It feels good.

Why are whites so concerned about who we vote for? Why do whites always try suggesting who we should think like or vote for? Why do whites always think they can tell us who to vote for? Why should blacks vote libertarian?
We don’t. We know that 98% of ewe vote democrat!
That's because 100 percent of the republican platform don't address the issues we face.
Like what? And, if the fucking DemonRats are so fucking good at addressing yer issues why dew ewe still have issues?
Whites still have issues so maybe you need to think before you ask a question that I will feel is worthy of an answer.
everyone has fucking issues.....just think of how many of those issues would become non issues if we worked together instead of nit picking the hell out of each other......
that has nothing to do with what i said....get your head out of the racism shit once in a while and you might be able to converse about other things....

I thought you were from Bemis community in south Jackson. Congrats on your clean water. You probably the got the idea I support Joe Biden for President of the United States of America in 2020 because I certainly do, especially in light of trump's stances (varied and erratic) on the Covid-19 pandemic since the beginning and the US Government response, that made our country number #1 on the planet among all nations in total infected and total dead. With trumps leadership we surged ahead, coming from way way behind in record time, making us great again as world famous for miss-handling the epidemic worse than any country on earth. I was certainly less than thrilled with trump's administrative talents (or lack there of), hiring ability and judgement after the first 9 months of his administration, but had no idea he would be recommending people expose themselves to the they type and intensity of UV light (UV3) repuired to effectively kill the virus on the skin (as well and destroy skin and possibly injure eyes up to and including blindness. You haven't been taking cleaning chemicals into your body have you?
3/4 of the reasons you say you dont support Trump for, biden does. I wouldnt even comment if your reasoning made sense.
Pretty sure everyone knows trumo is a dumbass. Just like everyone knows biden is one. Of course, he also has alzheimers.
Enjoy your illogical reasoning and dementia ridden pedophile

Limited government meant states rights whereby states could avoid following federal law if they chose to.
No it doesn't. Where did you read this lie?

Doing that allowed states to make decisions on whether they had to follow federal law and a lot did not do so.
So, state governments were allowed to NOT be limited in their government power? EXCACTLY!!!

It is becoming more clear to me that you have been misinformed about what "limited government" really means. I will bet vital parts of my anatomy that communists have tainted your understanding.

Therefore whatever you think limited government is, I don't trust.
If you are going to doubt something, you should not trust the warped lie you have been told by communists about what I mean when I say "limited government."

It goes back to the same question:

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF GOVERNMENT???

Last, government is in the business of helping people.
THIS is the lie you have been fed. It is the instrument of oppression. The epitome of paternalism.

GOVERNMENT is in one business ONLY. That is to protect the rights/liberty of the individual. NOTHING MORE.

Individuals organize themselves into societies for peace and protection. Government is the means.

Now you are not going to be able to have the same size government for 330,000,000 people as you would 50,000,000 people. You are not going to have the same size government you had for 13 states as you do for 50. Any business grows as its customer base grows and this is where you conservatives miss the boat.
Once again, you are conflating SIZE with SCOPE. It's not about the size.

Example:
I don't need government to tell me what I can and cannot put in my own body. I don't need government to force me to put something in my own body. My body, my choice, right? Multitudes of young black men are sitting in prison because government decided to dictate to individuals what they can and cannot ingest. SCOPE is the issue. Not size. Not a dispute over central authority vs. local authority (States' rights).

Thomas Jefferson. I rest my case.

Bootney, far too many whites thinking like you have decided they are experts on being black.
Then, why would I ask the question?
You have spent days in another thread blaming a black guy for being murdered.
Blaming? All I did was point out that he made a mistake that likely cost him his life. You read way too much into it.
Monds is a libertarian, whites are libertarian too.
So?

He is running as a third party candidate. So why wasn't the question would people vote for this guy since he is a 3rd party candidate running to be a governor of a state?
Because, I am curious about what black folks think about a black guy who is running on a liberty platform. Is that wrong?

He bitches about whites not listening or caring about black people and their concerns and bitches if you are concerned

Why are whites so concerned about who we vote for? Why do whites always try suggesting who we should think like or vote for? Why do whites always think they can tell us who to vote for? Why should blacks vote libertarian?
That's because 100 percent of the republican platform don't address the issues we face.
Like what? And, if the fucking DemonRats are so fucking good at addressing yer issues why dew ewe still have issues?
Whites still have issues so maybe you need to think before you ask a question that I will feel is worthy of an answer.
everyone has fucking issues.....just think of how many of those issues would become non issues if we worked together instead of nit picking the hell out of each other......
Get off the 243 year shit. What opportunities are you denied today?

Get off the 243 year shit. What opportunities are you denied today?
He says he has two college degrees but cannot answer simple questions.

Forum List

Back