Would anyone benefit from a moon base...

Moon Men could sell beads and blankets to base...

MV5BNWZkMWQ0NTEtNjQzYS00OTUxLTk5NWYtMTgwYWIxMDIyNTNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjE5MzM3MjA@._V1_.jpg

Probably why the just send unmanned probes now. Been there done that. Also the cost is pretty astronomical for the pleasure of kicking up some dirt and writing kilroy was there.

Probably why the just send unmanned probes now. Been there done that. Also the cost is pretty astronomical for the pleasure of kicking up some dirt and writing kilroy was there.

The wealthiest nations are all moving toward having space forces.
I think it's inevitable. If China sets up a moon base, do we want to be left out?

...other than NA$A???

Yes, mankind as a whole. Man needs to get off of this one rock. Our very survival as a species requires it. Some asteroid has our name on it, I want to be able to stop it.

A moon base makes that job a LOT easier.

But we peons won't have a chance.

The invitation list will include.....

The President and Vice President (but if it's Trump he will be pushed out of an airlock shortly after liftoff)
Elon Musk
Bill Gates
The CEO's of Amazon, Twitter, Facebook etc
Schumer
Pelosi

And mostly people you wouldn't want to be around

It would be poetic justice if the asteroid swerved and hit the moon instead

I think it's inevitable. If China sets up a moon base, do we want to be left out?

If you get caught up with that, then it will be an expenditure. Unmanned probes are what they are doing now. To have a sustained manned base is not worth the costs and is not sustainably at this time. What would a moon base be capable of? Exploration maybe, Military , I would say no as what are you protecting from that distance. Feel good moment. The best bet is to work together with other nations. China has yet to even get a man to the moon. By spreading this cost it will build a sense of unity. Yeah they may get your technology but if we can figure it out so can they eventually. We don't need another space race.

If you get caught up with that, then it will be an expenditure. Unmanned probes are what they are doing now. To have a sustained manned base is not worth the costs and is not sustainably at this time. What would a moon base be capable of? Exploration maybe, Military , I would say no as what are you protecting from that distance. Feel good moment. The best bet is to work together with other nations. China has yet to even get a man to the moon. By spreading this cost it will build a sense of unity. Yeah they may get your technology but if we can figure it out so can they eventually. We don't need another space race.

1596171800691.png

The potential resources such as steel and water that can be put into space would be cheaper to export off the moons surface than Earths. Things such as silicone and other rare elements if found on the moon are essential for the construction of electronic parts. That would be the building blocks for a reusable ship to explore the solar system.

Even better would be a iron nickel asteroid knocked into Earth orbit when it makes a near pass for cheap building materials.

A colony on the moon in unfeasible because the gravity on the moon isn't enough to maintain one's health. Even a Mars colony is questionable due to the gravity being only half that of Earth.

*****SMILE*****

:)

View attachment 369365

The potential resources such as steel and water that can be put into space would be cheaper to export off the moons surface than Earths. Things such as silicone and other rare elements if found on the moon are essential for the construction of electronic parts. That would be the building blocks for a reusable ship to explore the solar system.

Even better would be a iron nickel asteroid knocked into Earth orbit when it makes a near pass for cheap building materials.

A colony on the moon in unfeasible because the gravity on the moon isn't enough to maintain one's health. Even a Mars colony is questionable due to the gravity being only half that of Earth.

*****SMILE*****

Couldn't they build artificial gravity structures that rotate for living and most routine activities?

View attachment 369365

*****SMILE*****

Couldn't they build artificial gravity structures that rotate for living and most routine activities?

1596173183925.png

Yes. Knock a asteroid in one of the Lagrangian points of Lunar orbit then build a habitat ring near it with a spin. Then they can mine the asteroid and keep building onto the ring.

After that find a way to move Venus and Ganymede (one of Jupiter's moons) into Earth orbit so all three planets are sixty degrees apart along the orbital plane and start Terra-forming. At sixty degrees of separation the three should lock into a stable orbital condition.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 369365

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 369368

Yes. Knock a asteroid in one of the Lagrangian points of Lunar orbit then build a habitat ring near it with a spin. Then they can mine the asteroid and keep building onto the ring.

After that find a way to move Venus and Ganymede (one of Jupiter's moons) into Earth orbit so all three planets are sixty degrees apart along the orbital plane and start Terra-forming.

*****SMILE*****

Actually I was referring to terrestrial habitats

Forum List

Back