Would ANY Bush Basher care to refute these statements???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
A) Did these DEMOCRATS make these statements MANY before Bush was President? YES or NO!
Democrat Quotes on WMD
"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because..threat our security"..Kerry 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an
oppressive regime .... to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
.... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
“So it is with conviction that I support this resolution as being in the best interest of our nation.
A vote for it is not a vote to rush to war. It is a vote that puts awesome responsibility in the hands
of our president.”
Hillary Clinton on October 2, 2002

Clinton signed this ACT and proceeded to bomb Iraq!
Saddam continued to defy UN, USA the rest of the world.

The 1998 Liberation of Iraq, SIGNED by CLINTON, and the Congress passed Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502)
"Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq " "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling .
"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."
On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets.

So with the backdrop of 9/11 and the murder of 3,000 people of the worst attack on American soil EVER..
given all the issues with Saddam PLUS many of you forget the tremendous anxiety of the Anthrax attacks that seven days after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, anonymous letters laced with deadly anthrax spores began arriving at media companies and congressional offices. Over the ensuing months, five people died from inhaling anthrax and 17 others were infected after exposure.Feb 15, 2011
NO ONE KNEW where these came from BUT we did KNOW Saddam had the following bioweapons:
Of these, three — anthrax, botulinum and aflatoxin— had proceeded to weaponization for deployment.
Iraqi biological weapons program - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

All of you great minds with the benefit of HINDSIGHT... YOU tell me if you were President and the above
DEMOCRATS were pushing you to remove Saddam because proof of Saddam's ability to delivery and therefore use WMDs was irrefutable!
YOU tell me what you would have done!!

What about this statement?

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

Barack Obama October 2 2002

Great thread. Lots of Democratic POLITICIANS caved into a feverish call for military action on the part of a very loud and very frightened electorate. Those chicken shit POLITICIANS listened to what Americans....who had been frightened by FOX NEWS and the BUSH ADMIN told them was needed.

I cheered when George stood on that pile of debris and promised justice. I was with that asshole 100%. He fucked up. Period.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

Not that it would have made a difference but you didn't link that Obama quote. I can see why...he was still community organizing on 10/2/02.

Great thread. Lots of Democratic POLITICIANS caved into a feverish call for military action on the part of a very loud and very frightened electorate. Those chicken shit POLITICIANS listened to what Americans....who had been frightened by FOX NEWS and the BUSH ADMIN told them was needed.

I cheered when George stood on that pile of debris and promised justice. I was with that asshole 100%. He fucked up. Period.

In 1998? You sir are full of SHIT!

In 1998? You sir are full of SHIT!

Huh? Are you confused?

How did he know???? How did HE know MORE then the CIA/DOJ, M6, Interpol,etc... UN??? UN didn't know for sure Iraq wasn't a threat.
Besides Bush NEVER said Iraq was an IMMINENT THREAT and BUSH agreed with Obama!

Here is WHAT Bush said...
[Briefing Room The White House"] Briefing Room The White House

"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent.
Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike?
If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words, and all recriminations would come too late.
Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option."

Not that it would have made a difference but you didn't link that Obama quote. I can see why...he was still community organizing on 10/2/02.

The quote is attributed

Prove it wrong

How did he know???? How did HE know MORE then the CIA/DOJ, M6, Interpol,etc... UN??? UN didn't know for sure Iraq wasn't a threat.
Besides Bush NEVER said Iraq was an IMMINENT THREAT and BUSH agreed with Obama!

Here is WHAT Bush said...
[Briefing Room The White House"] Briefing Room The White House

"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent.
Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike?
If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words, and all recriminations would come too late.
Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option."

For some reason a freak'n community organizer was balls accurate on Iraq while asshole G W Bush pushed us into a war that killed 6000 Americans

No wonder he is president

WHERE did Bush Fuck up????
What about these assholes that encouraged the deaths of our troops! What kind of idiot are you to call them the good guys and Bush fucked UP?
Explain to me how come the MSM every every day put up all these casualties and idiots like THESE helped the terrorists prolong the conflict by tell them hey... our guys are the bad guys! You guys are the good guys!
These words from these DEMOCRATS encouraged as this Harvard Study proved that when words of emboldment are put out there was a increase in violence!
The Harvard Study asked: THE EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT
"Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?

The resounding answer WAS YES!!! according to Radha Iyengar, a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in health policy research at Harvard and Jonathan Monten of the Belfer Center at the university's Kennedy School of Government.
Using data on attacks and variation in access to international news across Iraqi provinces, we identify an “emboldenment” effect by comparing the rate of insurgent attacks in areas with higher and lower access to information about U.S news after public statements critical of the war.
In Iraqi provinces that were broadly comparable in social and economic terms, attacks increased between 7 percent and 10 percent following what the researchers call "high-mention weeks," like the two just before the November 2006 election.
And these statements which idiots like YOU most likely agreed with did everything in the world to encourage recruit and reward the terrorists to continue.

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Remember Kerry EARLIER SAID...
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an
oppressive regime .... to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
.... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

These comments inflamed the terrorists AND demoralized our troops at the same time!

Have you ever tried composing a cogent thought?

What about these assholes that encouraged the deaths of our troops! What kind of idiot are you to call them the good guys and Bush fucked UP?
Explain to me how come the MSM every every day put up all these casualties and idiots like THESE helped the terrorists prolong the conflict by tell them hey... our guys are the bad guys! You guys are the good guys!
These words from these DEMOCRATS encouraged as this Harvard Study proved that when words of emboldment are put out there was a increase in violence!
"Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?

The resounding answer WAS YES!!! according to Radha Iyengar, a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in health policy research at Harvard and Jonathan Monten of the Belfer Center at the university's Kennedy School of Government.
Using data on attacks and variation in access to international news across Iraqi provinces, we identify an “emboldenment” effect by comparing the rate of insurgent attacks in areas with higher and lower access to information about U.S news after public statements critical of the war.
In Iraqi provinces that were broadly comparable in social and economic terms, attacks increased between 7 percent and 10 percent following what the researchers call "high-mention weeks," like the two just before the November 2006 election.
And these statements which idiots like YOU most likely agreed with did everything in the world to encourage recruit and reward the terrorists to continue.

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

These comments inflamed the terrorists AND demoralized our troops at the same time!

Bush was the dude in charge. What he chose to do was a huge mistake. I don't care if every Democrat in congress begged him to invade Iraq. He did it. It was a mistake. He fucked up. Period.

John Kerry is lefthanded too.

I can do this all day.

Have you ever tried composing a cogent thought?

No. Show me how it's done. I need your help. Please.

The quote is attributed

Prove it wrong
You PROVE it right asshole.

How about this quote......

We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud

Anyone? Anyone?

New Topics

Forum List

Back