Would a Progressive Society be a Free Society?

Society described in OP is

• Free

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Authoritarian

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Totalitarian

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Suppose Progressives win the Culture War. Then every website including this one will be faced with a choice of either banning anyone who disagrees with Progressives or being thrown off Internet.

This will not be achieved by government action, but by pressure on Social Media, web hosting providers, DDoS mitigation companies, etc. Thus the First Amendment will not be violated. Nevertheless, anyone who disagrees with Progressives will have no platform anywhere online.

Will that be a Free Society?

The endless irony of the Left's version of "diversity" is that everyone is the same.
The Men are feminine, and the Women are masculine.
This is one of the issues where Conservatives and Dissident Liberals disagree. I oppose White Nationalism. I oppose rigid Gender Roles.

Sadly, Progressives enforce Gender Roles which are much much more rigid then Conservative Gender Roles.

Depends on what you mean by "progressive".

A progressive society is one that harnesses the intelligence and fortitude to use their skills and knowledge to continuously create a better environment and living conditions for themselves and their offspring.

If you're talking about Progressives, the political organization.......then no. They aren't any better than the lunatic leftoids are. The ONLY "progression" they want, is their own agenda..........just like the NaziKarens.

Aren't we seeing that happening in China right now?
Those who are fed up with forced quarantines are rebelling are arrested and forced into concentration camps.
Their Apple phones are being monitored or used to track down the dissidents for arrest.
This can soon happen here in America if we allow the Maoist Democrat Commies to continue to lie and cover-up their criminal and corrupt activities.

Last edited:
In a progressive society people will not be allowed to own firearms.
In a progressive society government will be able to mandate what kind of medication you have to take.
In a progressive society you will not be able to express your political views online unless it agrees with theirs.
In a progressive society you will not be able to use any fossil fueled vehicles or lawn care equipment.
In a progressive society the minority will always control the majority.
In a progressive society there will be no wealthy people except those in government. Industry will have to share all their profits with their workers.

– George Orwell, 1984. In their effort to remake America, progressives have embraced the authoritarian measures described in George Orwell’s cautionary dystopian novel 1984, including rewriting history and changing language to prevent the expression of contrary views. Revisionist history leaves us vulnerable to failed ideas.
**********​

Suppose Progressives win the Culture War. Then every website including this one will be faced with a choice of either banning anyone who disagrees with Progressives or being thrown off Internet.

This will not be achieved by government action, but by pressure on Social Media, web hosting providers, DDoS mitigation companies, etc. Thus the First Amendment will not be violated. Nevertheless, anyone who disagrees with Progressives will have no platform anywhere online.

So freedom to you is being allowed to use other people's property against their wishes? 😄

GoDaddy Is Booting A Site That Sought Anonymous Tips About Texas Abortions

This is not a goal of progressives. This is not how a free market works. This is not how reality works.

The internet is a big place. It is global. In order for your theory to work. Progressives as an entire movement need to be able to exert pressure on the entire internet. Including nation states that are most definitely NOT progressive. Somehow prevent those that aren't progressive from organizing their own businesses that cater to them. Voluntary giving up a huge market share and its profits. In order to make a political point.

Not for nothing that sounds like a highly dubious proposition to me.

Not only that, the only way you can prevent it, is by letting the government take over content moderation. Something that does have first amendment implications.

My question is why conservatives now a days are insistent that they have the right to say anything they want, but don't seem to understand that people who disagree with them have a right to simply say, "if that's how you feel, I don't think you should use my platform to do so?"

If you come in my house and you insult my wife, I have a right to say you are not welcome in it wouldn't you say?

Absolutely not

sjjshshshhshdndnhshss.jpeg

This is one of the issues where Conservatives and Dissident Liberals disagree. I oppose White Nationalism. I oppose rigid Gender Roles.

Sadly, Progressives enforce Gender Roles which are much much more rigid then Conservative Gender Roles.
But as long as you realize that you could fit ALL of the Dues Paying Kluxers and real acting on it White Nationalists into the Los Angeles Memorial colosseum then we might agree on it

We can carve out new nations in North America. Prog areas and Free areas.
Will these Free areas be respecting property rights or are owners of website hosting services going to be required to host your websites are their private servers against their will? 😄

No such thing as a free society when natural laws are included.

Whenever you are dependent on the Government, you are not free.

No.

Forum List

Back