Worst water leak ever!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210728_070929.jpg
20210728_084413.jpg
20210728_082818.jpg

Two layers of siding to dig through to get to it then on the inside it was a bitch because the dryer vent, electrical and floor joist was in the way. Worst part is it was a home repair so I didn't get paid lol.
The old valve was so old that parts for it didn't exist.

Last edited:
View attachment 518346View attachment 518347

Two layers of siding to dig through to get to it then on the inside it was a bitch because the dryer vent, electrical and floor joist was in the way. Worst part is it was a home repair so I didn't get paid lol.
The old valve was so old that parts for it didn't exist.

Being a home owner too, I feel for ya. Renting sure was a lot easier.

Just a couple of nails to pin down a bit of loose siding ... three days later saw the roof framing supported by post and beam and about sixteen feet of wall removed down to the foundation ... so much for an afternoon job ...

What we pros call a "carpenter's nightmare" ...

That is why I converted to flex tubing with crimp rings...Easier than dealing with the ancient history of domestic plumbing.

Our home built in 1990 with copper plumbing and I have modified/ repaired the plumbing repeatedly including the two exterior water bibs.

I now use these "SharkBite fittings that make repair/alterations simple.

Our home built in 1990 with copper plumbing and I have modified/ repaired the plumbing repeatedly including the two exterior water bibs.

I now use these "SharkBite fittings that make repair/alterations simple.

I didn't like the forty five bucks for the crimper but that is life..

• Banned
I didn't like the forty five bucks for the crimper but that is life..
45?
Mine was 170 but it's an entire kit for all sizes. Milwaukee has a battery one for like 1800 I want but it doesn't look practical for tight spots.
Either way my house is all copper and I redid the spout in copper.

45?
Mine was 170 but it's an entire kit for all sizes. Milwaukee has a battery one for like 1800 I want but it doesn't look practical for tight spots.
Either way my house is all copper and I redid the spout in copper.
Copper is fine if you can get in with the torch for soldering.

Forum List

Back