Worst company to work for ever

So, how many people's scholarships should be cancelled to continue to support this woman?

Link didn't work. Here's another:

Philadelphia Woman Said She Was Fired for Time Off to Donate Kidney to Son - ABC News

Sounds pretty lame to me on the company's part, but keep in mind a lot of this is what SHE SAID happened. No way to know all the true details offhand.

But never under-estimate the power of a company to screw you over. Most by far don't give a flying flip about you, make no mistake, and the bigger the company, the less they care. This is why I will never give a flying flip about any company I work for either. Company loyalty (in either direction) is a thing of the past.

It's a NON PROFIT Foundation. I thought the moonbats loved lack of profit.

A friend of mine in Texas was the IT guy at his company and when he informed them that he would have to miss some work to get treatment for liver cancer they fired him. Way to go corporate America.

A friend of mine in Texas was the IT guy at his company and when he informed them that he would have to miss some work to get treatment for liver cancer they fired him. Way to go corporate America.
Isn't that nice?

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Its called "At will Employment"

It does suck, i personally think that was the wrong thing to do, but it is the company's right in Texas to do so.

It does suck, i personally think that was the wrong thing to do, but it is the company's right in Texas to do so.

There are some information gaps.

Did the company provide Long Term Disability Insurance? Does the state have Disability Insurance program (I pay over $900K per year to the state for this in CA)?

LTD insurance is a very standard benefit to cover situations in which the employee is ill and incapable for work for a long time. I'd like to know more specifics instead of just jumping to conclusions that the Company screwed him.

There are some information gaps.

Did the company provide Long Term Disability Insurance? Does the state have Disability Insurance program (I pay over $900K per year to the state for this in CA)?

LTD insurance is a very standard benefit to cover situations in which the employee is ill and incapable for work for a long time. I'd like to know more specifics instead of just jumping to conclusions that the Company screwed him.

That is true, we don't have a link to go find any information from after all ;)

In 2001 I was laid off from a company along with 55 other, all of us over the age of 55. I don't know but it does make you think. The stock with from 33 to 3 and the CEO bailed out with a 200million dollar buy out. What a way to live.

Link didn't work. Here's another:

Philadelphia Woman Said She Was Fired for Time Off to Donate Kidney to Son - ABC News

Sounds pretty lame to me on the company's part, but keep in mind a lot of this is what SHE SAID happened. No way to know all the true details offhand.

But never under-estimate the power of a company to screw you over. Most by far don't give a flying flip about you, make no mistake, and the bigger the company, the less they care. This is why I will never give a flying flip about any company I work for either. Company loyalty (in either direction) is a thing of the past.

You have stats to back up that comment or is it your opinion?

For every 'horror' story (and it appears that the story is actually quite different to the way it has been represented)... there are other stories of companies who go above and beyond for their employees.

Forum List

Back