worst candidates ever

jtw4796

Rookie
Sep 29, 2011
I have never saw sorrier candidates. I fear Hillary will destroy the 1st and 2nd amendments. As a christian I feel our rights to worship how we want and our being able to call sin sin will be gone. Her thinking on guns will cause major problems and more gun deaths. We cannot afford her huge spending increases. Lastly the ACA must go and something else put in place. It is hurting the middle class as many can no longer go to the Dr. because they cannot afford it. Many peoples health is getting worse because of the ACA.
As far as Trump most economist say his tax plan will cause a 30 trillion dollar debt. I saw where some people are saying his plan on trade will cost 4 million jobs. As a father of a disabled girl I worry cause of him making fun of the disabled reporter and will he hurt the disabled in this country. Building a wall is a costly expense that will do nothing to stop illegals from coming in.
The problem with this country is that Republicans are too far right and democrats are too far left so the moderates are being pushed aside. I hate that all we have running is a bunch of Idiots.

Sorry, can't get into your religious fantasy. A spiritual journey is personal, not to be politically foisted onto others via the govt. All should be free to pursue their own spiritual journey. The fact that someone else may be into another path ain't no threat to yours if you're truly secure in yours.

The more I read of the Wikileaks, the more I realize, we were never really were going to be given candidates anyway, they were just for show all along.

They elites had decided, probably after they agreed to let Obama be president in '08, that it would be Hillary's turn next, and the only question would be how to make the nation believe that the election was free, fair and competitive. They also needed to give the illusion that a majority actually voted for her.

From reading a lot of these posts in this forum, and a lot of comments from around the web, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

The problem with this country is that Republicans are too far right and democrats are too far left so the moderates are being pushed aside. I hate that all we have running is a bunch of Idiots.

Not really, no.

The right and the left are engaged in a war over whether we should be Mensheviks or Trotskyists. Government itself is not left or right; Only rhetoric takes sides.

Forget the bottom of the barrel. In this election we've dug deep into the ground and apparently just hit a septic tank.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't get into your religious fantasy. A spiritual journey is personal, not to be politically foisted onto others via the govt. All should be free to pursue their own spiritual journey. The fact that someone else may be into another path ain't no threat to yours if you're truly secure in yours.

What if the spirit commands me to force my beliefs unto other?

I have never saw sorrier candidates. I fear Hillary will destroy the 1st and 2nd amendments. As a christian I feel our rights to worship how we want and our being able to call sin sin will be gone. Her thinking on guns will cause major problems and more gun deaths. We cannot afford her huge spending increases. Lastly the ACA must go and something else put in place. It is hurting the middle class as many can no longer go to the Dr. because they cannot afford it. Many peoples health is getting worse because of the ACA.
As far as Trump most economist say his tax plan will cause a 30 trillion dollar debt. I saw where some people are saying his plan on trade will cost 4 million jobs. As a father of a disabled girl I worry cause of him making fun of the disabled reporter and will he hurt the disabled in this country. Building a wall is a costly expense that will do nothing to stop illegals from coming in.
You forgot Johnson & Stein. They both suck moose balls too.

Dr. Jill Stein is an excellent candidate. I don't think any Trump supporter would have issues is she happen to win in a fair election. As far as Crooked Hillary, it is just off the charts insane to even consider her. And domestic policy is not even the scariest thing about Crooked Hillary's vast establishment of crooks and that she is a fucking raging loon and idiot. The most troubling is the profound international corruption and their neocon agenda. She is already as bad as all the Bush's combined for saying she would go to war based on lies, specifically the lie that Russia has something to do with producing the Podesta email revelations.

Red:
I suspect that is so in the minds of many people; however, I suspect the reasons they think that is because we haven't seen the 2020 candidates and because they lack awareness of the "shenanigans" and character and being of our past Presidential nominees. For example:
The naming, shaming and reliance on voter ignorance has not been limited to Presidential campaigns and administrations. Witness the 1952 Senate race between Claude Pepper and George Smathers. Smathers said, among other things, "'Are you aware that Claude Pepper is known all over Washington as a shameless extrovert? Not only that, but this man is reliably reported to practice nepotism with his sister-in-law and he has a sister who was once a thespian in wicked New York. Worst of all, it is an established fact that Mr. Pepper, before his marriage, habitually practiced celibacy.''

The hijinks have not been the stock and trade of the politicians themselves. The partisan press has long injected itself into matters. A journalist, following Smathers' lead, played upon the lack of sophistication and knowledge of the electorate by remaking that his opponent's sister was a thespian, and the brother was a homo sapiens, and the opponent himself was a shameless extrovert.

The facts of the matter in the context of one's perception of a political campaign and political candidates are these:
  • Most folks aren't students of history and they are not willing to take the time to find out if comparable "transgressions" have been in the past perpetrated by other Presidential candidates and/or other politicians.
  • Candidates have been and will continue to be users of every fallacious line of argument "in the book" when trying to make their case that voters should choose them instead of their opponent. Foremost among the sophistry is creating or acquiescing to innuendo and "spin," availing themselves of cultural stereotypes and actually stereotyping, pandering to people's emotions -- most notably fear -- rather than reason, the ad hominem attack and exploiting confirmation bias.
  • Everyone has their own ideas of what's wrong and how to fix it. Very few people bother to look into the details of a given situation -- that is, beyond the details that immediately affect them -- to find out whether their POV "holds water." That relatively few folks are given to rigorous investigation of their own ideas/beliefs doesn't make it okay to do that, it just means there are a lot of folks who fail to objectively analyze things. Candidates know this about people and they know that their own social stature -- a combination of fame, wealth and professional position -- will by itself inspire many folks to deem them as credible on a host of matters for which they have no particular expertise, thus there's no basis for thinking the candidate should be credible.
Now, the reason I wrote all that is to illustrate this: if you think these are the worst candidates we've ever had, it's only because you haven't closely examined the individuals who have run before them. Take some time to look into prior Presidential elections and you may determine that Mrs. Clinton and Trump are only the worst ones who come quickly to mind.

Blue:
Okay, you feel that way, but it's hard to find any objective reason for your doing so. Mrs. Clinton has specifically stated she has no desire to repeal or alter the 2nd Amendment. What has she said that clearly indicates she would alter the 1st Amendment?

You can call whatever you want a sin. The government, however, deals in laws not sins. There's plenty that's sinful that's not illegal. "Sinful" and "unlawful" are not synonymous terms in the U.S.; however, they are synonymous in states run by religion. One such state is the one ISIS hopes to bring to fruition, as well as the states of Egypt, Mauritania, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, the Maldives, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and certain regions in Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, and the United Arab Emirates. Another is the Vatican, which is a nation run exclusively by and for a Christian faith. Not one of those places recognizes the separation of church, faith and state.

Green:
Okay. Let's say that's so. What would have it be replaced with? What would be the policy you'd care to see enacted? It's fine to say that the policy in place is "broken," but in doing so, it's incumbent on the speaker to identify what they'd do differently and what impacts their proposal will have, both the positive and negative impacts.

Purple and Pink:
Empirical evidence of these claims' veracity, please? The information I've seen suggests otherwise, notwithstanding the rhetoric we've heard of late in the press.

(Click the graphs to access their source.)
(For more about the Brookings Institute, click here.)​

• See Obamacare Rates for Every County in the Country -- As this article notes, a high increase in price does not mean that the price is the highest one in the market, or that the price one must pay is actually prohibitive. As with all things related to changes, the relevance of the change can be assessed only by knowing the full details of "what was what" before the change. When you hear someone touting a change, ask yourself this, "What was the situation prior to the change?"
  • Nearly 90% of Americans now have health insurance
Another thing to be aware of is that people who obtain health insurance via their employer don't have to be bothered with the O-care exchanges at all, unless they want to. So just how many private sector employers offer health insurance among their benefits? 96% of them. For whatever reason, about 25% of people who have employer subsidized health insurance elect not to avail themselves of the benefit. (See Exhibit F below.)

(Click the graphs to access their source, which is a well documented study -- methodological details provided and explained.)​

From the charts above, and the narrative that accompanies them, one sees the information is there. Of course, folks who don't like "whatever" about the ACA aren't going to present an comprehensive and objective picture of the situation. Obtaining that picture, rigorously analyzing it and discarding the irrational and/or irrelevant "noise" coming from folks on both sides of the matter is our duty as voters who give a damn about the topic in question, in this case, the ACA.

Brown:
It'll probably do something, but it's unlikely that it'll stop illegal immigration. It may make it more difficult to literally walk across the border, but how many illegal immigrants get here by doing that? Moreover, the whole notion of the wall is nothing but a pandering technique used to garner support from folks who have not a clue about the actual nature of illegal immigration. Do you hear much in Trump's rhetoric about the illegal immigrants who simply fly here and overstay their visa? Nope, not much at all, yet that's how a sizeable share of them get here and stay.

liuvA65N-tiWF1Y675TFhC8k1X5_zRwxmIPYtXoFmt6YiQM1n-sfQZZPBbM4oQq6Au-jFG2qK08D-hDJfr6IrNGw6pMaFpsf2CE0zNTkmlnveigLIRrQlHjuY0lI8xLxc1Iu5DY

Additionally, though we hear a lot of political rhetoric about illegal immigrants illegally taking jobs from citizens, the fact of the matter is that anyone who thinks that to be so need only report the employer to the INS. There are very strict rules prohibiting all employers from hiring non-citizens who lack a work visa. Then too there is the fact that apparently no U.S. citizen or other authorized, qualified and eligible worker was willing to do the job that an illegal immigrant takes. Lastly, there for as much as folks gripe about immigrants in the U.S. on H1B visas, the fact remains that those jobs are specialized and require very specific skills. Companies that sponsor H1B immigrants must show that they could not find qualified nationals and because they could not, they have to resort to incurring the cost of sponsoring an immigrant via the H1B process.

Orange:
I don't think any of the 2016 Presidential candidates are in fact idiots. There is a very clear difference between the relevant body of knowledge and experience possessed by the various candidates. There is also a very clear difference among the level of detail and clarity they each express when they communicate their thoughts to the electorate. Trump is routinely callous, cursory and irreverent, for example, that his remarks become outright lies because they aren't precise enough. Johnson seems like he's stoned most of the time. Clinton is so detailed and measured with her remarks that one must be comparably well informed to tell that what she's saying isn't a lie, but as noted above, few folks are going to "work" hard enough to obtain that very detailed level of understanding.

I would like to commend you for your fine post. I know it must have taken a lot out of you.

Forum List

Back