World Series Picks

Apr 12, 2006
New Jersey
Its official: Cardinals vs. Tigers

The greatest spectacle in all of the western hemisphere (and East Asia) begins saturday night. Make your picks:

Tigers in 6. MVP: Craig Monroe

I picked the Yankees. That shows what I know. But if Red Bird pitching can hold up like it did tonight against the Mets, Detroit is going to have a very difficult time. I guess Cards in 7.

Tigers in 5, maybe 6 (where is game 5 played?). Unless Detroit pitching has a melt down. Then either cards in 6 or tigers in 7. Guarantee tigers don't lose game 7 at home.

:rotflmao:

Damn, you're good!!!
8 errors in 5 games absolves me of looking foolish in my predictions. And had I known the format was 2 3 2 I would have said cards in 5 if tiger pitching melted down.

Congrats to the Cards though, if they were going to win I'm glad they got to do it at home.

8 errors in 5 games absolves me of looking foolish in my predictions. And had I known the format was 2 3 2 I would have said cards in 5 if tiger pitching melted down.

Congrats to the Cards though, if they were going to win I'm glad they got to do it at home.

LMAO. Errors absolve one of lookin gfoolish in predictions? Have to remember THAT one.

However, the Tigers errors WERE pretty bad. I wasn't real impressed with the pitching either.

LMAO. Errors absolve one of lookin gfoolish in predictions? Have to remember THAT one.

However, the Tigers errors WERE pretty bad. I wasn't real impressed with the pitching either.
The Cardinals didn't win that series, the Tigers lost it. Gave it to them. As I said, a complete meltdown of our pitching ended up being our undoing.

Doesn't matter though. The Tigers were in the world series. A year ago I would have been ecstatic about just making the playoffs, so I'm not going to get too obnoxious about making it as far as they did only to lose. It was a great season for them.

The Cardinals didn't win that series, the Tigers lost it. Gave it to them. As I said, a complete meltdown of our pitching ended up being our undoing.

Doesn't matter though. The Tigers were in the world series. A year ago I would have been ecstatic about just making the playoffs, so I'm not going to get too obnoxious about making it as far as they did only to lose. It was a great season for them.

I'd say it was a combination of the Tigers giving it away AND the Cardinals winning it. They played better defense, out-pitched, and out-hit Detroit. I don't see it quite so one-sided.

I hear you on the "making it." I'll be more than happy to accept the losing payday.

Forum List

Back