World Cup 2022 Qatar Thread

Yup. All covered in weeds.
Well, its a dual edged sword really. I'd love to see a nation like--just to name one--Morocco host the Olympics. Put a sound bid together and host it. Events like Track and field, Soccer, Field Hockey, Basketball, Boxing, etc... I know nothing much about Morocco but I'm pretty sure they don't have the facilities in place that are used daily and would have to build them. This doesn't even include the training grounds. But I think it would be great to have nations that have been overlooked host the Olympics along with nations that are in the same area to defer the costs. Nations that have been overlooked are prisoners to the old adage that a nation has to host the Olympics...not a continent. But since we're talking about the conventional wisdom, Compare that to the US in a place like Southern California or Miami. College stadiums can be used for a great many of these events. In fact, in 1996, the US hosted the Olympics at Atlanta but played a lot of the soccer events in other places:

Translating that into Soccer...I think the 2026 World Cup has the right idea. We'll see how the execution goes.

1669191987628.png

Eat shit, Benj. :)
Hmm.. why now am I being insulted by an angry US citizen, on their message board.. oh yes! they were playing the US team!! haha!!!
you're now in pain, haha..
Well.. you lot in the states don't really like soccer anyway, so what do you care? We really like football in europe! just watch your baseball or whatever sport..

To be fair, I'm always surprised how well the US team does at the world cup.. they often progress far into the competition.. they're always competitive, always tough to beat, so fun.
I expect wales are happy just to have scrounged a point from that game, by the players own words they said they didn't play well, so.. yes, when I watched wales last year at the euros, I got the impression that it was a team trying to figure out its gameplan before the end of the first match, err.. well you're supposed to have done that before the tournament starts, folks.
The germans do this, prepare themselves, then forget the plan and mess it all up. Which is def fine by me. I am not their fan.

oh yeah england get to play the US on friday, so.. well I have support england, of course, so... you're gonna get beat USA!

Also.. as I don't follow world football closely during the year, I have not much idea who the best teams will be this time..
Here is the top 10 in full: (according to the FIFA world rankings)

1. Brazil
  2. Belgium
  3. Argentina
  4. France
  5. England
  6. Italy
  7. Spain
  8. Netherlands
  9. Portugal
  10. Denmark
Well, I think we, england def have a chance, we're playing well, brazil yes, argentina yes, france yes.. out of that list. I'd need to see more of belgium to figure out if they could win the final.. interesting that they're no2 anyway.

Well.. you lot in the states don't really like soccer anyway, so what do you care? We really like football in europe! just watch your baseball or whatever sport..

Never mind. Maybe they could turn to cricket. It’s already catching on, and being taught in an elementary school in Maryland.

There’s a Mexican-Polish restaurant in Mayfair. One side of the menu is pierogies and kielbasa, and the other side is tacos and burritos.

True story.
We had a Polish restaurant in Wrexham a couple of years back. It only served dumplings which I guess is the national dish.
It never really took off and has since closed.
A mexican place would be great.

I have some respect for both the Mexican team and the Polish team. I am watching it and the Polish team is made up of actual Polish men, and the Mexican team of Mexicans. They aren’t hiding behind some Africans posing as their nationality.
I am rooting for those teams as well. Glad that the Japs beat Germany as the German team was doing some woke gay crap like USA.
Germany's players covered their mouths with their right hands when they lined up for the pre-game photo for the World Cup match against Japan on Wednesday in a protest against ruling body FIFA prohibiting them from using a One Love armband.
AA14sMHD.img

Spain is routing their panchitos Costa Rica 3-0 at 41 minutes.

Watching Belgium and Canada. The Belgians seem and look more organized and disciplined in their strategy and the Canadian team seems the opposite.

Canada played tough the Belgians were the more professional-looking team with their play. With a little polishing up the Canadians could be a top team. 1-0 Belgians.

I am rooting for those teams as well. Glad that the Japs beat Germany as the German team was doing some woke gay crap like USA.
Germany's players covered their mouths with their right hands when they lined up for the pre-game photo for the World Cup match against Japan on Wednesday in a protest against ruling body FIFA prohibiting them from using a One Love armband.
AA14sMHD.img
Why would an American not support free speech ?

AA14sMHD.img

Good for the German team. FIFA is corrupt as fuck and Qatar should never have gotten the competition. And it should have been yanked away from them after they bought it... Anyone watching this shit show supports the corruption of FIFA and modern slavery as they have it in Qatar and other Middle Eastern countries.

Fuck 'em.

Good for the German team. FIFA is corrupt as fuck and Qatar should never have gotten the competition. And it should have been yanked away from them after they bought it... Anyone watching this shit show supports the corruption of FIFA and modern slavery as they have it in Qatar and other Middle Eastern countries.

Fuck 'em.
Yes fifa is very corrupt that doesn't mean you, as a team or country, troll a Muslim country with gay crap. It's immature and virtue signaling garbage.

Canada and Belgium was borrrrrring.

Can't wait to see the Stars and Stripes take it to the Redcoats Friday. It's gonna be another revolution, boys, so rally 'round the flag and get ready to shock the world!

The Danish Football Federation is ready to withdraw from the International Football Federation (FIFA) due to the ban on wearing One Love captain's armbands at the current World Cup. This was stated by the president of the Danish Union Jesper Meller.

— Barrymore, what is that noise under our windows?
— It's a gay pride parade, sir.
-- What do they want, Barrymore?
— Free same-sex love, sir.
— And what, does anyone forbid them to have sex through the ass?
— No, sir.
-- Then why are they shouting so loudly?
— Faggots, sir.

USA fans infuriating rival teams at World Cup with chant that calls football ‘soccer’​

On Monday evening, as the Stars and Stripes faced off against Wales, fans chanted, “It’s called soccer! It’s called soccer!” a riff on the US’s insistence on using its own name for the game virtually everyone else calls football.

A clip of former NFL player Chad Ochocinco Johnson leading the chants posted to Fox Soccer’s TikTok account has nearly 700,000 views, though some football/soccer fans weren’t feeling it.

“The US should be banned from playing in the World Cup,” one commenter said under the video.

"Ask them the meaning of FIFA,” another said, referring to the intentional football governing body Federation Internationale de Football Association.

Though their chants may not be winning them any favours, US fans have had something cheer about at the World Cup so far.

Forum List

Back