Zone1 Words from A Black Republican About the 4th of July

There also were no Republicans in 1852.
There were no democrats when slavery began here either but that doesn't stop you guys from making disingenuous comments. Dougless was a republican.

Move to Europe. In America, everybody has first amendment rights. This right is not reserved only for right wing white men and women to whine about not getting what they think they are entitled to from the government.
But if I hated a country as badly as you hate America I would leave. No you want the protection of rights while you bitch like a little girl. FYI you're wanting to change America into the very thing that keeps you from leaving.

So says you. Frederick Douglas was one of Americas greatest men. His opinion on July 4th was given at a time when men were not free in the U.S.
So says history. He argued against Chinese Exclusion in a speech called "Our Composite Nation."

(1869) FREDERICK DOUGLASS DESCRIBES THE “COMPOSITE NATION​

Again your double standard is used. The revolutionary war has been over for more than 200 years but references continue to be made about words spoken at that time. The 4th of July 1776 was not independence day for black people. It was not independence day for black people once blacks were freed. Historically it is not independence day for black people. No matter how much whites with your mindset want to force us to recognize that it is, it wasn't. You have to accept that just as much as we have to accept that at one time in America we were enslaved.

But if I hated a country as badly as you hate America I would leave. No you want the protection of rights while you bitch like a little girl. FYI you're wanting to change America into the very thing that keeps you from leaving.
Apparently you need to leave because you hate the fact that a person of color has the right to air their greivance and speak to the truth of our experience and not be forced to repeat a false experience whites like you want to ram down our throats.

Apparently you need to leave because you hate the fact that a person of color has the right to air their greivance and speak to the truth of our experience and not be forced to repeat a false experience whites like you want to ram down our throats.
Apparently you presume above your ability to think. Logically if someone like you has a view of America as you do with all your hate can freely leave a country that you hate. You are a master projectionist. Americans don't make deals with a terrorist like you.

Apparently you presume above your ability to think. Logically if someone like you has a view of America as you do with all your hate can freely leave a country that you hate. You are a master projectionist. Americans don't make deals with a terrorist like you.

No, that would be you. Stop conflating white racists to mean America. Hate or terrorism has nothing to do with my disdain for racism. But since you're a racist, then I have to hate because you think racism is normal.

No, that would be you. Stop conflating white racists to mean America. Hate or terrorism has nothing to do with my disdain for racism. But since you're a racist, then I have to hate because you think racism is normal.
Projection is what you do best.

“And when I speak, I don't speak as a Democrat. Or a Republican. Nor an American. I speak as a victim of America's so-called democracy. You and I have never seen democracy - all we've seen is hypocrisy. When we open our eyes today and look around America, we see America not through the eyes of someone who has enjoyed the fruits of Americanism. We see America through the eyes of someone who has been the victim of Americanism. We don't see any American dream. We've experienced only the American nightmare.”

And at the end of the day, he was murdered by other blacks who didn't think he was crazy enough.

Again your double standard is used. The revolutionary war has been over for more than 200 years but references continue to be made about words spoken at that time. The 4th of July 1776 was not independence day for black people. It was not independence day for black people once blacks were freed. Historically it is not independence day for black people. No matter how much whites with your mindset want to force us to recognize that it is, it wasn't. You have to accept that just as much as we have to accept that at one time in America we were enslaved.

Whooo-boy.

Okay, IM, here's the thing. The American Revolution was a great day for white males with property. It wasn't so great for minorities, or women, or poor white immigrants. But it was STILL a fantastic step in progress in that it established a principle. The proclamation that "All Men Are Created Equal" led the the end of slavery, eventually.

The fact is, you cannot have liberty and equality, because everyone isn't equal. Some people are going to be born into wealth, some people are going to be born with more talents, and yes, some people are going to be born into social classes that are considered less. If you try to force equality, you have to by definition restrict liberty. And thus we have politics.

Im pro Black, and anti-racist, but I think you and Thomas here are taking it to the extreme. Do you want to abolish 4th of July? You guys got Juneteenth now. Right? If you abolish 4th of July you abolish the history of 55% of Americans, who are white. I think the compromise is, all americans celebrate 4th of July and Blacks who are offended dont and celebrate Juneteenth and Kwanza. That is the compromise, not guilt shaming whites for celebrating 4th of July that implies you want that they dont, or that no one does anymore.

“What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mock; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are to him mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy - a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour.”
-
Frederick Douglas, Black Republican

And this is why black republicans today are called Uncke Toms and sellouts. Ben Carson would shit his pants in fear if he even thought about saying the words Douglass did. Larry Elder would ask to be transported to the nearest plantation. Clarence Thomas would keel over and die. Candice Owens would volunteer to be a plantation owners concubine.

So let me know when the Republican party finds some Frederick Douglasses instead of Larry Lawn Jockey or Bootlickung Bennie.
Would Frederick Douglass utter those same sentiments today?

So says history. He argued against Chinese Exclusion in a speech called "Our Composite Nation."

(1869) FREDERICK DOUGLASS DESCRIBES THE “COMPOSITE NATION​

Like Moses and the older people of Israel that died in the desert, denied entry into the promised land by God himself, that generation of blacks is part of past history. The present generation, of all minorities, has full access to this iteration of the promised land.

Like Moses and the older people of Israel that died in the desert, denied entry into the promised land by God himself, that generation of blacks is part of past history. The present generation, of all minorities, has full access to this iteration of the promised land.
And white racism is part of the present. You see when Moses and his people were made to wonder, in the end, God gave them reparations in the form of the promised land. He did not restructure the punishment and call it something else. You're white, stop telling me what minorities have until you turn into a person of color and face what we have to do in order to get whatever promise is supposed to be here.

Im pro Black, and anti-racist, but I think you and Thomas here are taking it to the extreme. Do you want to abolish 4th of July? You guys got Juneteenth now. Right? If you abolish 4th of July you abolish the history of 55% of Americans, who are white. I think the compromise is, all americans celebrate 4th of July and Blacks who are offended dont and celebrate Juneteenth and Kwanza. That is the compromise, not guilt shaming whites for celebrating 4th of July that implies you want that they dont, or that no one does anymore.
Mortimer you might be pro black, but you are not born black. Nobody is talking about abolishing the 4th. Sowell has said blacks don't need to celebrate the holiday and so do I. All people who were truly freed have every right to celebrate this day. This is not about guilt shaming anyone, so drop the white fragility and quit making accusations about things that were never said.

Forum List

Back