Women Priests in the Catholic Church

A fine example of how out of touch Catholicism is
you are entitled to your opinion. No one is forcing you to accept Catholicism.

But the Lord has shown some of us... how helpful it is... It is in our corner...

because it's Founder is

:)

If you want to take a look at a Church that has kept up with the times, look no further than the Episcopal church in the U.S. They welcomed openly gay people, women priests, divorce and re-marriage...and they are a failed denomination in the U.S. More Episcopalians of faith have left that church than remain. They have become Anglicans, Catholics, and members of separatist Episcopalian churches.

Keeping up with the times is not a good thing for a Church. Morality doesn't change over time.

You haven't convinced me it is right for them to be priests. First, are you Catholic? Second, are you a woman? Let's start there.
Raised Catholic with Latin Masses and women wearing hats and veils along with no meat on Friday

Raised Catholic with Latin Masses and women wearing hats and veils along with no meat on Friday
And that's fine, but asked Are you Catholic, present tense. Are you a woman?

Has male attendance at church been declining? Which church retains the most male attendance? Why does it retain male attendance while male attendance dwindles in other areas? Which Church as the less percentage between male and female attendees?

I strongly support the ordination of women as RC priests, as well as allowing priests to marry (not sure about allowing married men to become priests).

But it is my belief that these changes in the Episcopal Church were a negative reaction to rumors that there was an impending rapprochement with Rome. They were collectively a "poison pill."

I strongly support the ordination of women as RC priests, as well as allowing priests to marry (not sure about allowing married men to become priests).
Same questions: Are you presently a practicing Catholic? Are you a woman?

Women will never be "authorized" by a true Christian Doctrine based upon the revelation found in the Holy Scriptures to hold a position as a "Pastor/Minister/Preacher/..etc., holding authority over men within the Kingdom of God...aka., the church that Christ constructed as the chief cornerstone.

Why? It is the order maintained by God. Man was created first (Genesis 2:18) Woman was made from man (Genesis 2:21-23). The word WoMan literally means "from man". That is why both genders are called "mankind"......both are from the first Adam or man.

The first woman was created as a "helper" for the first man..........not the inverse (1 Cor. 11:8-9). Even before the fall of mankind (the first sin) man was placed in the position of authority in being responsible for the action of his family as the head of the household. Example: How Adam was held responsible for the sin of Eve.......and was charged with the first sin. Notice how Adam was charged with 2 sins instead of 1? Adam was charged with eating from the tree and with listening to the counsel of his wife Eve, thus Adam was charged first before Eve even though the sin was equally shared between them (Genesis 3:17)

Its nothing personal.........Its simply God's order of hierarchy ............ the head of woman is man........the head of a man is God.

According to scripture....God does not see men and women as being the same. Equal....yes to an extent, both are made in the imagine of God in having an everlasting spirit (Gen. 1:26), equal in regards to salvation (Gal. 3:28), men and women are joint heirs to life (1 Peter 3:7).

Some might attempt to stop here and declare...."See? Men and women are totally equal." But God has always maintained that a distinction exists between the 2 sexs/genders. Examples. God declares there be a difference between men and women in the clothing they wear (Deut. 22:5), in the type of hair style worn (1 Cor. 11:14-15)

And Paul states there is a difference maintained in how men and women should worship God. (1 Cor. 11:4-5) Paul states that if a man prays with a head covering (hat) it dishonors him.........while on the other hand if a woman prays without a head covering it dishonors her.

Even under the Old Law of Moses there was distinction made between men and women. Example: a difference in the purification process after birth is different between men and women. (Lev. 12:2-8). There was a difference when being released from a vow (Lev. 27:2-4)

I am a practicing Catholic. White. Male. Veteran. 72y.o.

12 years of Catholic education; 16 if you count law school.

I am a practicing Catholic. White. Male. Veteran. 72y.o.

12 years of Catholic education; 16 if you count law school.
Perfect! Now, in your parish who is more active in Parish ministries, men or women? (Is the contact person, usually listed in the Church bulletin) a man or a woman? Are there more male or female altar servers? Are there more men on the parish council or women? When you look around the church during Mass, are there more men or women present? Are the ushers male, female, or both? How about Bible Study groups, or RCIA? More women or men? Are the volunteers who teach children's CCE classes mostly men or women?

Women are just as important to the church as are men, its simply a matter of hierarchy as commanded by God.......its the natural order of "MANKIND".

All throughout the history of the Judeo/Christian philosophy men have always been appointed by God to lead in the worship service. Examples: In the "patriarchal" age it was the fathers duty to make sacrifices to God, under the Old Law of Moses priests were restricted to males from the tribe of Levi.

Women as teachers? A very important duty in the church. They can teach, but they cannot hold authority over men (1 Tim. 2:11-12). But they can as by the example found in scripture help men through various instructions without usurping any authority. (Acts 18:26). They can help prepare lessons and edit for accuracy, help with local customs, and explain to others,....etc., again without usurping authority ...........another important role within the church.

In the early church women held positions as teachers to other women (Titus 2:3-5). There were indeed women prophetesses (Acts 2:17). Example: Philips daughters spoke the word of God. (Acts 21:9) but the passage does not state to who this word was spoken (we already know women are authorized to teach children and other women)......but there is no passage in the scriptures where a woman was allowed to preach while in the worship service.

Anyone looking for an excuse to justify women pastors, priests ......etc. will often use this one passage and claim that the daughters were preaching to men..........but the passage does not conclude they taught other men as that would be a direct contradiction of other very CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS passages that state such was forbidden.

Women served others within the church, their service was very important. Examples: Dorcas aided the poor by making coats (Acts 9:36-39). Women helped prepare Jesus (Matt. 26:7-13). Phoebe was called a "servant" of the church (Rom. 16:1-2).

Women were "workers" within the church.....again, just as important as any man. Euodia and Synthcha were called "fellow workers" with Paul.......but this does not indicate they held authority over any elder, decan, pastor....etc., (Phil. 4:2-3).

In the offices of the church both elders and deacons are specifically described as male positions (1 Tim. 2:3,8).

The scriptures are clear and unambiguous. Women holding leadership offices would violate God's natural order of hierarchy. "But I want you to know, that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." -- 1 Cor. 11:3

Some people attempt to claim that a woman should remain totally silent in the church by quoting from (1 Cor. 14:34-35). This passage cannot be defined as meaning that a woman is not allowed to speak in church (it simply means that a woman cannot speak as if she has more authority than the men appointed above her). Being totally silent would contradict the passages that command, "the whole church to sing" (Eph. 5:19, Col. 3:16)

A Christian must stand by the revealed truth.........even if it is unpopular.

If you want to take a look at a Church that has kept up with the times, look no further than the Episcopal church in the U.S. They welcomed openly gay people, women priests, divorce and re-marriage...and they are a failed denomination in the U.S. More Episcopalians of faith have left that church than remain. They have become Anglicans, Catholics, and members of separatist Episcopalian churches.

Keeping up with the times is not a good thing for a Church. Morality doesn't change over time.
laugh...

that's a good thing for the Catholics, I guess...

a good thing for the former .. whatevers... Anglicans, etc.. :) Again, I don't like the N.O. Church nearly as much as the SSPX but... even the N.O church has helped me... The Real Presence is in both

Its not about "morality"............its about truth and the morality promoted by that truth. Its the truth that sets one free......simply because a society might attempt to define their own set of moral codes does not dismiss the truth found in the revelations from God..i.e., the Holy Scriptures. All scriptures are inspired by God, et.al., not man. (2 Tim. 3:16-17) and these scriptures are sufficient to lead mankind into the "perfect" righteous GOOD WORKS as defined by God.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Truth does not change or evolve or it was never truth in the beginning.......societies change and evolve, what was truth 2000 years ago is just as true today.

Some speak of being Tolerant. Jesus is a very "intolerant" High Priest when anyone attempts to place man made tradition above the truth found in the Holy Scriptures. Example: What did Jesus declare to those who did not practice THE LAW as defined in scripture? "And then I (Jesus) will declare unto them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me you who practice lawlessness.'" -- Matt. 7:22-23

What did Jesus say to the Jewish clergy who promoted their tradition over the Holy Scriptures? He called them Hypocrites, vipers, thieves who pray upon widows and the infirmed, always dressing in the best cloths to make a show...etc., (Matt. 23)

Again.....its the truth that sets one free, God wants everyone to come to the knowledge of the truth and find salvation (Titus 2:11).

There is only one path to find the God of Creation, "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, the life; NO ONE comes to the Father except through Me.'" -- John 14:6 The Holy Spirit of God forbids, homosexuality, women priests holding authority over God's chain of natural hierarchy.........God, Jesus, Man, Woman. It was God who placed man as the head of any household.

Simply look at what happens to any society that abandons God's natural chain of leadership.........the Government has all but eliminated the MAN from the family and has taken over as the primary care giver to these non patriarchal family units, AND IT SHOWS. The US leads the world in prison inmates................allows 3rd world nations to out achieve US youths in almost all areas of basic educational fundamentals, crime is rampant, unwed childbirth is rampant, sexual perversions are accepted as NORMAL..............now some are promoting these same immoral traits as being acceptable to the church that Jesus built on earth. "Depart from Me you who practice LAWLESSNESS............"

Last edited:

the "new Mass" led to people leaving the Church in droves... you are right... When there is no difference btwn Church and.. society in general... Why bother?

you should watch the video Mass of the Ages, especially Episode 2

What are your thoughts on Vatican II... or should I wait until you watch that video? Yeh, I think I will... I've been CAtholic (or "catholic" :(" ) all my life and never knew this stuff...

then there is this which I have not watched (all) yet

Last edited:
Its not about "morality"............its about truth and the morality promoted by that truth. Its the truth that sets one free......simply because a society might attempt to define their own set of moral codes does not dismiss the truth found in the revelations from God..i.e., the Holy Scriptures. All scriptures are inspired by God, et.al., not man. (2 Tim. 3:16-17) and these scriptures are sufficient to lead mankind into the "perfect" righteous GOOD WORKS as defined by God.

Truth does not change or evolve or it was never truth in the beginning.......societies change and evolve, what was truth 2000 years ago is just as true today.

Some speak of being Tolerant. Jesus is a very "intolerant" High Priest when anyone attempts to place man made tradition above the truth found in the Holy Scriptures. Example: What did Jesus declare to those who did not practice THE LAW as defined in scripture? "And then I (Jesus) will declare unto them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me you who practice lawlessness.'" -- Matt. 7:22-23

What did Jesus say to the Jewish clergy who promoted their tradition over the Holy Scriptures? He called them Hypocrites, vipers, thieves who pray upon widows and the infirmed, always dressing in the best cloths to make a show...etc., (Matt. 23)

Again.....its the truth that sets one free, God wants everyone to come to the knowledge of the truth and find salvation (Titus 2:11).

There is only one path to find the God of Creation, "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, the life; NO ONE comes to the Father except through Me.'" -- John 14:6 The Holy Spirit of God forbids, homosexuality, women priests holding authority over God's chain of natural hierarchy.........God, Jesus, Man, Woman. It was God who placed man as the head of any household.

Simply look at what happens to any society that abandons God's natural chain of leadership.........the Government has all but eliminated the MAN from the family and has taken over as the primary care giver to these non patriarchal family units, AND IT SHOWS. The US leads the world in prison inmates................allows 3rd world nations to out achieve US youths in almost all areas of basic educational fundamentals, crime is rampant, unwed childbirth is rampant, sexual perversions are accepted as NORMAL..............now some are promoting these same immoral traits as being acceptable to the church that Jesus built on earth. "Depart from Me you who practice LAWLESSNESS............"
thanks... a nice read

I've been thinking the same things for years and years... It's sad that Jesus had to say

Few make it (mt 7.. lk 13)

But it is my belief that these changes in the Episcopal Church were a negative reaction to rumors that there was an impending rapprochement with Rome. They were collectively a "poison pill."
wow... I thought u were a true Catholic.. Jesus chose 12 MEN to be Apostles, no women

maybe you really do need to watch those videos I recommended--no, wait.... Scratch the "maybe"

Vatican II has gotten everyone thinking in loopy ways... liberal ways

it was planned by non-Catholics who infiltrated the Church to destroy it.

wow... I thought u were a true Catholic.. Jesus chose 12 MEN to be Apostles, no women ...

And Jesus made clear that every child is a much more important spiritual leader than any of this twelve men.

Last edited:
I know it is allowed, but I must admit I grew up when only priests handed it out and I do not like receiving it from lay people. No offense. I am stuck in the old ways.

But, having said that, it actually has nothing to do with the topic.
Misogyny is a byproduct taught in churches around this country. Especially pre-50s. Kind of unpopular presently.

I agree more or less but some people use such arguments to dismiss Catholicism, which they should not do bc the Catholic Church was the first Church and of course is always the Original, regardless of the sin of its members.

The Catholic Church was corrupted by Vatican II that began teaching all religions save! What a big heresy! Jesus said No one can come to the Father except through HIM

so True Catholicism is not available anymore except through the Society of St Pius X and even there, you have problems, just not heresy.

So in my view, borne of much experience, the Catholic Church is lacking something and Protestant communities are also lacking (what the Catholic Church has --or had).

It's a sorry situation for all those who seek Truth (God's truth) but even though Jesus promised th gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church.. well, He never promised that it would not definitely LOOK like that happened.. and feel like it.

Forum List

Back