Women Priests in the Catholic Church

Women can be mothers, men can't. That's more important than who can be a priest.

It can never happen. That is the 100% fact.

A certain member keeps saying it can and it might. He is totally wrong, and here are the two reasons why:

FIRST: In the last 300 years there are known to be three infallible teaching made from the Chair of Peter: The teaching that Mary was bodily assumed into heaven, the teaching about the Immaculate Conception, and Pope Saint John Paul IIs statement on women priests. That third one is lesser known but true.

In the apostolic letter: ORDINATIO SACERDOTALIS the pope states:
". . . Wherefore, in order that all doubt may be removed regarding a matter of great importance, a matter which pertains to the Church's divine constitution itself, in virtue of my ministry of confirming the brethren (cf. Lk 22:32) I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church's faithful."

If any of you know how to read Church documents, that was an infallible teaching from the Chair of Peter. So that is the END of that discussion.

SECOND: As an additional matter, in Catholicism, sacramental theology states that for a sacrament to be valid it must be celebrated with proper form and proper matter.
For example, in Baptism proper matter would be water. If you used Pepsi or apple juice or something else, the sacrament would be invalid and no baptism would have taken place.

A female is not proper matter therefore the sacrament by which ordinations take place would not be valid. Jesus used men and we must use men.

Now to you non-Catholics some of this might seem like a bunch of gobbldeygook and I understand that. But trust me when I tell you it is extremely serious to the Church, and it is all true, and women will never - NEVER - be priests.

Pretty good. Not many people know that stuff

The Church has lawyers. You know how lawyers think. Is this declaration pertaining to FAITH or MORALS?

Not at all. It is one man's opinion, backed by nothing but inertia. Carries no more weight than Bishops' opinions on the death penalty.

The writing is on the wall

Unless the Catholic Church allows women Priests and abandons Celibacy…

It will not survive
LOL

literally, I LOLed

As some Catholic clergyman told Napoleon when he said he would destroy the Church

"If Catholics haven't destroyed it by now, what makes you think you can?"

LOL

check out Mt 1618 and hear it from the Man Himself

LOL

literally, I LOLed

As some Catholic clergyman told Napoleon when he said he would destroy the Church

"If Catholics haven't destroyed it by now, what makes you think you can?"

LOL

check out Mt 1618 and hear it from the Man Himself
The Church is being destroyed from within

The Church is mainly doing fine. Mature adults don't blame the faithful pious priests for what the "5%" did.

The Church is being hamstrung by a society that shuns self-sacrifice and high moral standards.

The Church is mainly doing fine. Mature adults don't blame the faithful pious priests for what the "5%" did.

The Church is being hamstrung by a society that shuns self-sacrifice and high moral standards.

Demanding celibacy and not allowing women to be priests is not a high moral standard

true...

society is morally out of control for the most part... that's why they get ticked off when they see men taking vows ofcelibacy... and act like THEY are the weirdos when really anyone who thinks all humans have to have some kind of sex... perverted or normal, whatever.. but u gotta have sex... THAT

is really sick... no wonder children aren't safe...

we're sending some really sick messages to our poor children...

It can never happen. That is the 100% fact.

A certain member keeps saying it can and it might. He is totally wrong, and here are the two reasons why:

FIRST: In the last 300 years there are known to be three infallible teaching made from the Chair of Peter: The teaching that Mary was bodily assumed into heaven, the teaching about the Immaculate Conception, and Pope Saint John Paul IIs statement on women priests. That third one is lesser known but true.

In the apostolic letter: ORDINATIO SACERDOTALIS the pope states:
". . . Wherefore, in order that all doubt may be removed regarding a matter of great importance, a matter which pertains to the Church's divine constitution itself, in virtue of my ministry of confirming the brethren (cf. Lk 22:32) I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church's faithful."

If any of you know how to read Church documents, that was an infallible teaching from the Chair of Peter. So that is the END of that discussion.

SECOND: As an additional matter, in Catholicism, sacramental theology states that for a sacrament to be valid it must be celebrated with proper form and proper matter.
For example, in Baptism proper matter would be water. If you used Pepsi or apple juice or something else, the sacrament would be invalid and no baptism would have taken place.

A female is not proper matter therefore the sacrament by which ordinations take place would not be valid. Jesus used men and we must use men.

Now to you non-Catholics some of this might seem like a bunch of gobbldeygook and I understand that. But trust me when I tell you it is extremely serious to the Church, and it is all true, and women will never - NEVER - be priests.
Will this be their cross symbol on their priestly robe?
images-10.jpg

I am one of many raised Catholic who abandoned the faith.
They have not kept pace with the world
apparently you have not been paying attention.. In some ways, they haven't or haven't according to liberals.

in some way the NO Church is worldly as hell...

I heard recently that a priest and a nun both told a woman she should not try to hold onto her marriage (her husband wants a divorce)

so much for marriage isfor life... the true Catholic teaching... True, I don't know many details... but if you are validly married in the Catholic Church, as she was (I believe)

well then...

apparently you have not been paying attention.. In some ways, they haven't or haven't according to liberals.

in some way the NO Church is worldly as hell...

I heard recently that a priest and a nun both told a woman she should not try to hold onto her marriage (her husband wants a divorce)

so much for marriage isfor life... the true Catholic teaching... True, I don't know many details... but if you are validly married in the Catholic Church, as she was (I believe)

well then...
The Church has a restrictive view towards marriage and relationships. You get one shot to make a life choice, if you are wrong, then you blew it

What you would expect when policy is made by clergy who are not allowed to marry and raise families

The Church has a restrictive view towards marriage and relationships. You get one shot to make a life choice, if you are wrong, then you blew it

What you would expect when policy is made by clergy who are not allowed to marry and raise families
why do you "worship" marriage?

Yes, celibacy is difficult... or it WAS for me when i started out all alone... but now it's nothing to me... We are born celibate.. Why not return to that state? Jesus said to become like little children.. It's hard enough to do that when you are celibate...

in any case, there was another point i wanted to make... Oh, u get one chance to make this life choice of marriage.

The problem is, even the Church IMO approves or whatever people marrying... It is true they have a pretty extensive process for a couple planning to marry, to give them plenty of time to think about it.. and most non-Catholic churches don'tdo that... But I personally think that people are too quick to marry. They marry bc they are lonely, bc someone seems to love them butmaybe it's not reciprocated... all kinds of bad reasons to make a lifetime commitment... so yeh... but if you do take thetime to think about it and are mature about it and all... once you marry, you cannot, if married validly, that is... divorce and remarry. Catholics can divorce but they cannot remarry unless the first "marriage" is invalid.

why do you "worship" marriage?

Yes, celibacy is difficult... or it WAS for me when i started out all alone... but now it's nothing to me... We are born celibate.. Why not return to that state? Jesus said to become like little children.. It's hard enough to do that when you are celibate...

in any case, there was another point i wanted to make... Oh, u get one chance to make this life choice of marriage.

The problem is, even the Church IMO approves or whatever people marrying... It is true they have a pretty extensive process for a couple planning to marry, to give them plenty of time to think about it.. and most non-Catholic churches don'tdo that... But I personally think that people are too quick to marry. They marry bc they are lonely, bc someone seems to love them butmaybe it's not reciprocated... all kinds of bad reasons to make a lifetime commitment... so yeh... but if you do take thetime to think about it and are mature about it and all... once you marry, you cannot, if married validly, that is... divorce and remarry. Catholics can divorce but they cannot remarry unless the first "marriage" is invalid.
A fine example of how out of touch Catholicism is

Forum List

Back