Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

Spoonman, Huck is being criticized, rightfully so. The GOP cannot win elections when women think they are being attacked. They won't even listen to such a defense of Huck as yours.

I'm glad you're coming to terms with who you are, but conservative women agree with his statement. The one he actually made, not the ones that leftist shills like you and RW are saying he made.

I doubt very few Republican married women agree with being equated to sluts because they use contraceptives
No one is doing that, so what difference does it make? I know far more Republican women than Democratic women personally. They think you people are idiots just like Republican men do.

I am very comfortable as a Ford Republican.

The ones who are uncomfortable are the far right reactionaries and TeaPs because they are put in the position of defending such a stupid statement.

LOL, I thought you were smarter than RW. I am starting to wonder. Talk about as stupid statement, see the red.

Good question. He did look like a moron. He should have pointed out that you're not calling women sex whores, you're calling them welfare whores. You say if government does not provide free birth control, they won't get it. Government also needs to lower the bar for them.

By going to sex, it was a dumb quote. That is the art form that leftists have. You actually by not grasping what he said made yourselves to anyone with a critical mind look more stupid then his quote was. And you consistently do that for Republicans. They make themselves look stupid, but your reaction to it distracts from that as you make them look like rocket scientists compared to you.

What you said he said is not what he said. That is clearly more stupid than what he said.

And that is where both Limbagh and Huckabee blew it

If they wanted to say government or insurance should not cover birth control.....then say it

Linking it to a woman's ability to control her sex drive is offensive

You liars are the one's linking it to their sex drive. So you're being offensive.

Another example of the left blaming us for their guilt.

libido - definition of libido by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

li·bi·do (lĭ-bē′dō, -bī′-)
n. pl. li·bi·dos
1. The psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives.
a. Sexual desire.
b. Manifestation of the sexual drive.

Huckabee did what Romney did with his 47% blunder

Told Republicans what they want to hear. In this case that women who use birth control fight to control their sex drive

It was almost as bad as 'binders full of women.'

And what’s remarkable is that most on the partisan right remain clueless as to why a majority of women correctly perceive the GOP as hostile to their interests.

What is it with Republicans that they think a woman's decision to use birth control has something to do with being able to control her sex drive?

This is exactly what I have a problem with;

Huckabee is neither a Dem nor a woman. He is not privy to their beliefs either.

He is essentially making an allegation about which he has, at best, a biased partisan opinion but absolutely zero first hand knowledge at all.

So it is understandable that this appears to be a partisan misogynistic slur aimed at moderate/liberal women who know exactly what they believe.

Before one speaks it is often worthwhile to put oneself in the shoes of the audience. It might be exactly what those he was speaking to wanted to hear but it wasn't as well received by the wider audience who would have to embrace what he just said if the GOP wants to take the Whitehouse in 2016.

but he didn't say women aren't capable of controlling their libidos as the premise of this whole thread has been about. to my point liberal spin.

But lets run with the point of contention you are trying to make. someone is not capable of getting into someone elses head because they are not them. seems like a lot of gun grabbers claim to know exactly what is in gun owners heads. I guess they are all fools for assuming they can. Seems like a lot of libs here think they can get into republicans heads and know where they stand on abortion, gay rights, minorities. a little bit of a double standard there id say.

That would certainly be a double standard if Dems were to say "Republicans are pushing Americans to believe that guns/abortion/gay rights/minorities..." but that isn't the case here.

The positions held by Republicans on those issues is made abundantly clear by what they openly advocate and the reverse is true for the positions openly held by the Dems.

But this thread is about an allegation of "pushing beliefs"!

Huckabee is accusing the Dems of doing something that they are not actually doing at all. He is accusing the Dems of "evangelizing" contraception. That is an absurd accusation since it has no basis in reality.

Exactly.

It’s yet another lie contrived and propagated by the right.

If a woman is on birth control then so be it. I can see that some don't want to pay for it. I understand that. But some are against ANY form of preventing pregnancies. I really respect a married woman who choses not to have kids and prevents pregnancies because she has made the choice NOT to have children. A most courageous decision. Otherwise this is like a huge non issue.

I'm not finished. KPMG has a checkered past.

In 2004, it was sued by investors in Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products NV and made to pay $115 million stemming from the company's collapse in 2000.

In 2005, the United States Justice Department tagged them for committing Tax Shelter Fraud. They helped wealthy clients avoid over $2.5 billion in tax payments and admitting doing so. Eventually the charges were dropped after they agreed to pay $456 million in penalties and submit to a "deferred prosecution agreement."

They were sued by Fannie Mae in 2006 for making erroneous financial statements. In 2007, the German branch of KPMG was investigated for ignoring questionable payments made in the Siemens bribery case. In 2008 it was caught manipulating Xerox's earnings reports. Xerox shareholders sued and won, forcing KPMG to pay $80 million. Later that year, it failed to protect two of the Tremont Group's Rye Select Funds (totaling $2.37 billion) after it was found they were invested in Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme. Lawsuits are still pending in that case (that is a colossal failure by KPMG Derideo).

There's also the failure by KPMG's Japanese affiliate to uncover fraud in the the Olympus case in 2010. Then last year, a former KPMG LLP partner in charge of KPMG's US Los Angeles-based Pacific Southwest audit practice, April Scott London, was embroiled in a scandal where she passed on stock tips to her friend Bryan Shaw, who ran a jewelry store, in exchange for a Rolex and $60,000. Shaw was charged with conspiracy to commit securities fraud, he agreed to pay $1.3 million in restitution as well. It led to KPMG resigning as an auditor for two companies.

It has a history of bad auditing practices, my friend, covering the better part of the previous decade and most of the current one.

In every instance you are quoting there is a financial incentive to the fraud. You still haven't proved that there is any financial incentive for fraud with a non profit like PP.

You make them out to be a collective of angels who would never EVER do anything wrong. If our government can take in money and spend it for other purposes than what they stated, trust me PP can and will do the same. Nothing is stopping KPMG from overlooking the illegalities that PP could be perpetrating with government funds and taxpayer money.

You are using guilt by association without any substance for your allegations. Until you can establish that actual federal funds are used by PP to provide abortions there is nothing to discuss. The audited statements of a legal non profit entity clearly show that there is more than sufficient private funding to cover multiple times the number of abortions involved.

If a woman is on birth control then so be it. I can see that some don't want to pay for it. I understand that. But some are against ANY form of preventing pregnancies. I really respect a married woman who choses not to have kids and prevents pregnancies because she has made the choice NOT to have children. A most courageous decision. Otherwise this is like a huge non issue.

Really. Who? Cite and link, please.

Like you said..it's a non-issue, because it's not true and has nothing to do with this topic. Another false stance assigned by the left in order to make their own attitude towards women seem reasonable. Go figure.

In every instance you are quoting there is a financial incentive to the fraud. You still haven't proved that there is any financial incentive for fraud with a non profit like PP.

You make them out to be a collective of angels who would never EVER do anything wrong. If our government can take in money and spend it for other purposes than what they stated, trust me PP can and will do the same. Nothing is stopping KPMG from overlooking the illegalities that PP could be perpetrating with government funds and taxpayer money.

You are using guilt by association without any substance for your allegations. Until you can establish that actual federal funds are used by PP to provide abortions there is nothing to discuss. The audited statements of a legal non profit entity clearly show that there is more than sufficient private funding to cover multiple times the number of abortions involved.

I did show it. Gulf Coast states PP had to pay millions back to the federal government, and shut the doors of multiple clinics, because they were caught misappropriating federal funds and falsifying medical records to make it look as though the money was being used for services THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE. Why are you pretending this didn't happen? You haven't even acknowledged it..you keep saying "prove it ever happened". I did prove it. It happened. So where does that leave you?

I'm glad you're coming to terms with who you are, but conservative women agree with his statement. The one he actually made, not the ones that leftist shills like you and RW are saying he made.

I doubt very few Republican married women agree with being equated to sluts because they use contraceptives
No one is doing that, so what difference does it make? I know far more Republican women than Democratic women personally. They think you people are idiots just like Republican men do.

I am very comfortable as a Ford Republican.

The ones who are uncomfortable are the far right reactionaries and TeaPs because they are put in the position of defending such a stupid statement.

LOL, I thought you were smarter than RW. I am starting to wonder. Talk about as stupid statement, see the red.

Yup, the Kazs and Koshergrls show the smarts of the following gang.

Last edited by a moderator:
BHO continues to be more popular than the GOP by double digits.

We have no one who could run against and win today. If he were eligible in 2016, we could not beat him.

BHO continues to be more popular than the GOP by double digits.

We have no one who could run against and win today. If he were eligible in 2016, we could not beat him.

at the same point in his second term today, BHO is polling 4 points below where bush was.

Huckabee: Dems say women need government to 'control their libido' - NBC Politics

"If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system

What is the matter with you women? Can't keep your legs closed?

Another stark reminder of why conservative politicians lack the mental capacity to make decisions regarding healthcare.

Republicans need to stop dancing around and openly tell women that they are offended by having to pay for a woman's birth control

Money for birth control would never stand between any guy and sex. Furthermore, that's the guy who should pay for it.

Who cares?

Fat people want insurance to pay for weight loss treatments
Alcoholics want insurance to pay for substance abuse treatment
Women say they want their insurance to pay for birth control

Republicans are telling women to go screw themselves if they want birth control covered.......Run on that Republicans

Hey look at this! Liberals are trying to tell us womens libidos are life threatening risks like obesity and substance abuse. Who knew.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Why are Republicans against birth control? Won't those poor people have kids that end up on food stamps? So either way, you're paying for someone else's stuff.

How much do birth control pills cost compared to the cost of food stamps, WIC assistance, public housing assistance, health care assistance, public education, tuition grants for college, etc. for those kids once they're born?

Republicans don't support contraception, but also don't support helping those struggling families once they have children that they weren't going to have if they had access to birth control.

So just what the fuck do you Republicans want? Do you even know?

What is it with Republicans that they think a woman's decision to use birth control has something to do with being able to control her sex drive?

What is it with Democrats that they think a woman's decision to use birth control has something to do with not being able to pay for it herself and she needs to enlist politicians to force someone to pay for it for her?

We're paying for your $4t illegal war in Iraq, so go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back