Women in Mississippi learning how to shoot for self defense....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This woman was anti gun.....then she had someone invade her home while the police were minutes away.......she had a moment of clarity........

These Mississippi Women Are Taking Personal Protection into Their Own Hands

Lori Shelton, who always considered herself anti-gun, decided to take a firearms training course after her home was broken into just last month.

“I was always anti-gun,” she told News Channel 3. “I wasn’t really scared of them, I just decided I wanted to be anti-gun, and what a difference 24-hours makes.”

“I was getting ready for work, doing my normal routine, and I heard a noise as I was getting out of the shower,” Shelton recalled.

“I peeked through the blinds…and saw him looking at me. I mean we made complete eye contact,” Shelton said. “He proceeded to come through the back of the house, and I ran back and dialed 911.”

Her daughter was sleeping upstairs during the incident.

While police arrived in minutes, it took over an hour to locate the suspect.

According to Shelton, the intruder not only stole some of her antiques but her sense of security.

“It’s really hard. You don’t think about standing at the sink washing dishes, but with every dish that I wash, I’m constantly turning and looking over my shoulder to see if somebody is looking in,” she told News Channel 3.

It’s for that reason that Shelton decided to educate herself on guns, and is currently working toward getting her pistol permit and her own firearm.

She not only goes to the range for target practice but has enrolled in a firearms training course that teaches her how to load, shoot, store and clean a gun. She even brings her 15-years-old daughter along so she, too, knows how to protect herself.

Firearms instructor, Donna Hollway, says the course has had over 200 female students since it started last year; that’s about 50 percent of all participants.

More Americans, men as well as women, need to get smart and arm themselves, because the need to be armed is rising every day. I'm glad to learn about this woman's change of heart and mind, and I'm doubly glad she decided to enroll in a training course. This is an important move -- for more than one reason.

If I were not so old and tired I would apply for an FFL and make a serious effort to open and run a local indoor training range and gun shop. There is a growing need for decent, law-abiding Americans to have guns and to know how and when to use them.

Last edited:
More Americans, men as well as women, need to get smart and arm themselves, because the need to be armed is rising every day. I'm glad to learn about this woman's change of heart and mind, and I'm doubly glad she decided to enroll in a training course. This is an important move -- for more then one reason.

If I were not so old and tired I would apply for an FFL and make a serious effort to open and run a local indoor training range and gun shop. There is a growing need for decent, law-abiding Americans to have guns and to know how and when to use them.

We really need more pro gun justices on the Supreme Court...the anti gunners are attacking guns at the local level now.....and getting an FFL is becoming harder and harder........the anti gunners realize that destroying the supply is as effective as banning guns....

It is kind of pathetic that it takes a confrontation with Reality for a Snowflake to become a gun rights advocate.

This woman was anti gun.....then she had someone invade her home while the police were minutes away.......she had a moment of clarity........

Lori Shelton, who always considered herself anti-gun, decided to take a firearms training course after her home was broken into just last month.

“I was always anti-gun,” she told News Channel 3. “I wasn’t really scared of them, I just decided I wanted to be anti-gun, and what a difference 24-hours makes.”

“I was getting ready for work, doing my normal routine, and I heard a noise as I was getting out of the shower,” Shelton recalled.

“I peeked through the blinds…and saw him looking at me. I mean we made complete eye contact,” Shelton said. “He proceeded to come through the back of the house, and I ran back and dialed 911.”

According to Shelton, the intruder not only stole some of her antiques but her sense of security.

“It’s really hard. You don’t think about standing at the sink washing dishes, but with every dish that I wash, I’m constantly turning and looking over my shoulder to see if somebody is looking in,” she told News Channel 3.

It’s for that reason that Shelton decided to educate herself on guns, and is currently working toward getting her pistol permit and her own firearm.

She not only goes to the range for target practice but has enrolled in a firearms training course that teaches her how to load, shoot, store and clean a gun. She even brings her 15-years-old daughter along so she, too, knows how to protect herself.

Firearms instructor, Donna Hollway, says the course has had over 200 female students since it started last year; that’s about 50 percent of all participants.
I'm glad everything turned out ok for her, some people aren't so fortunate. I'm thinking about getting a gun for the first time in my life, not because I'm scared per se, but I have no defense if something happens. I heard the audio when Sandra Bullock called 911 when someone broke into her home, she was in a "safe room", and still sounded scared. I don't have a safe room, and even though I have nothing but respect for our local police, I know they probably wouldn't get here in time. I wonder how some of these anti-gunners would feel if someone they loved was home alone and something terrible happened to them because they couldn't protect their self. Every night on the news they interview neighbors in neighborhoods where a crime has occurred, and over and over I hear, but this is a good neighborhood, but this is a quiet neighborhood, but nothing like this has every happened here, and yet it has. I realize a gun won't save someone every time, but I would at least like to have chance.

I'm glad everything turned out ok for her, some people aren't so fortunate. I'm thinking about getting a gun for the first time in my life, not because I'm scared per se, but I have no defense if something happens. I heard the audio when Sandra Bullock called 911 when someone broke into her home, she was in a "safe room", and still sounded scared. I don't have a safe room, and even though I have nothing but respect for our local police, I know they probably wouldn't get here in time. I wonder how some of these anti-gunners would feel if someone they loved was home alone and something terrible happened to them because they couldn't protect their self. Every night on the news they interview neighbors in neighborhoods where a crime has occurred, and over and over I hear, but this is a good neighborhood, but this is a quiet neighborhood, but nothing like this has every happened here, and yet it has. I realize a gun won't save someone every time, but I would at least like to have chance.

If you do....make sure to get as much training as you can get...the NRA is a good resource for this, as is your local gun store.....check out firearm safety classes and actual firearm defensive use classes.......if you want more information, there are quite a few 2nd Amendment supporters here on U.S. messageboard who would be happy to direct you to places you can find help and information.......

Always be safe with your pistol......and follow the 4 rules.....

If you do....make sure to get as much training as you can get...the NRA is a good resource for this, as is your local gun store.....check out firearm safety classes and actual firearm defensive use classes.......if you want more information, there are quite a few 2nd Amendment supporters here on U.S. messageboard who would be happy to direct you to places you can find help and information.......

Always be safe with your pistol......and follow the 4 rules.....
Thank you for your reply, and I plan on getting a lot of training. My son has a permit and will help me. He is the one who suggested it a while ago, I've just been putting it off.

Forum List

Back