Women in charge in West Bank's key district

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
RAMALLAH, West Bank – At 35, Leila Ghanem is the first woman to become a Palestinian governor, the latest in a group of trailblazing women leaders who are slowly winning acceptance in this traditional society.

Ghanem, a former intelligence agent, joins a cluster of women in senior positions in the West Bank district of Ramallah, a political and economic hub known for its relatively liberal social attitudes, where she was appointed governor earlier this year. The mayor of the district's main city is a woman, as are four ministers in the Palestinian Cabinet, two Islamic court judges and the head of a Palestinian financial oversight agency.

t's a place where Palestinian women are clustered in senior positions. Janet Mikhail, a 65-year-old retired school principal, was elected Ramallah city mayor in 2005. Last year, Khuloud Faqih, 35, was one of two women judges appointed in the West Bank's Islamic courts.

Another woman, Abir Awdeh, heads the Palestine Capital Market Authority, which regulates the non-banking financial sector, such as insurance companies and mortgage lenders. Four women serve in Fayyad's 22-member Cabinet, the highest number in any government since the Palestinian Authority was established in the 1990s.

In Gaza, one woman, Jamila Shanti, occupies a senior position in Hamas' decision-making body. They also have 6 female legislators and there are several women in senior municipal posts.

Women in charge in West Bank's key district - Yahoo! News

I believe this thread, is getting a wee bit too personal lets say.

From the muslim dogs, to the blood drinkers

I pray everyone tones it down a bit :lol:

I personally, am a bit biased, and will openly admit that, but those not like me are still human beings, and I should still be sad when any innocent life is lost

The Haddad family.

Mother, a resident of Gaza. Father, a resident of a refugee camp in Lebanon. Two children.

Israel will not allow the family to live together in Gaza where the mothers family lives.

Israeli woman denied social benefits for visiting Palestinian husband

Israeli woman denied social benefits for visiting Palestinian husband - Haaretz - Israel News

stick to pouring concrete, jew.

:rofl:

Terrorist husband.

Go back to sleep, stoner.

Terrorist, meaningless, BS political term.

Palestinians elected Hamas, a terrorist group. Pallies give safe haven to dozens of terrorist factions, making them complicit in terrorism.

Pallies are terrorists.

You know what you are, right?

I personally cant condemn all palestinians as racists or terrorists.

However, I do condemn their education system which calls jews nasty racist names, and wont acknowledge that jews have a right to be there.

Second: Palestinian society must rid itself of its hate groups: such as hamas, islamic jihad,and others

then, the palestinians could live in better conditions, without israel fearing that every palestinian male entering a bus, or pregnant woman is a bomb carrier.

Israeli woman denied social benefits for visiting Palestinian husband

Israeli woman denied social benefits for visiting Palestinian husband - Haaretz - Israel News

stick to pouring concrete, jew.

:rofl:

Terrorist husband.

Go back to sleep, stoner.

you call them all terrorists, dr ponzi scheme. Racist jew is racist.

youre dodging my question

I asked you about hamas, not israel

answer my question: then you can ask me whatever you want

Ive shown you respect, have the decency to show me some in return

takes of jewish supporting hat

what would you call hamas?

They are a lot less terrorist than Israel. What should we call them?

Hamas is only called terrorist by the third grade name callers in the "west."

Hamas is a Palestinian resistance group who does not attack anyone outside of Palestine.

Forum List

Back