Women have to PROVE they were raped

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Pennsylvania Bill Would Reduce Welfare Benefits For Women Who Cannot Prove They Were Raped | ThinkProgress

or lose food stamps.

We need a section devoted to the War On Women. But, since there is none, I'm putting this article here.

Note that there was also a Dem on this little holier than thou posse -

Pennsylvania lawmakers — State Reps. RoseMarie Swanger (R), Tom Caltagirone (D), Mark Gillen (R), Keith Gillespie (R), Adam Harris (R), and Mike Tobash (R) — don’t want their state’s welfare program to provide additional benefits for that newborn. If a woman gives birth to a child who was conceived from rape, she may seek an exception to this rule so that her welfare benefits aren’t slashed, but only if she can provide proof that she reported her sexual assault and her abuser’s identity to the police...

I don't even have to ask how the rw's here feel about this. They'll just love it, I'm sure. Force women to bear babies they can't care for but then, take away assistance.

so yuou are okay if a woman says she was raped and she wasnt? is that okay to al the other victims because if it were revered, youd be screaming it.

Aside from punishing women who have children — particularly low-income women who may not have reliable access to affordable contraception — the proposed bill perpetrates a dangerous attitude toward survivors of sexual assault.

This is not the first type of legislation of its kind. Last month, New Mexico proposed a bill that would have required women seeking childcare assistance to prove they were “forcibly raped,” although Gov. Susana Martinez (R) has requested to remove that language.

This will sweep our country. The backward fundies won't stop until we're back in the Dark Ages.

Pennsylvania Bill Would Reduce Welfare Benefits For Women Who Cannot Prove They Were Raped | ThinkProgress

or lose food stamps.

We need a section devoted to the War On Women. But, since there is none, I'm putting this article here.

Note that there was also a Dem on this little holier than thou posse -

Pennsylvania lawmakers — State Reps. RoseMarie Swanger (R), Tom Caltagirone (D), Mark Gillen (R), Keith Gillespie (R), Adam Harris (R), and Mike Tobash (R) — don’t want their state’s welfare program to provide additional benefits for that newborn. If a woman gives birth to a child who was conceived from rape, she may seek an exception to this rule so that her welfare benefits aren’t slashed, but only if she can provide proof that she reported her sexual assault and her abuser’s identity to the police...

I don't even have to ask how the rw's here feel about this. They'll just love it, I'm sure. Force women to bear babies they can't care for but then, take away assistance.

Christian fundamentalists prove time and again how worthless they are as human beings.

so yuou are okay if a woman says she was raped and she wasnt? is that okay to al the other victims because if it were revered, youd be screaming it.

Oh for Pete's sake.

READ what it says.

Just READ.

Yeah, rape is sacrosanct to the Left. To most people it is a violent crime. To liberals it is like something sacred. You can't joke about it. You speak about it in hushed tones. And you can never, ever, question it. Once the word is uttered that is reality right there. No further questioning allowed.
Rape is the liberal religion.

I believe that any MAN that rapes a woman should be executed. It must be a capital offence.

I fucking hate people that rape women.

Why? Rape is horrible. But beating someone up and sending them to the hospital near death is pretty horrible too.

You know you can't trust women to say if they were raped

Only Republicans can decide such things

Yep what we need is a few more million octomoms, damn greedy tax payers can afford it. Those dependent moms should just keep kicking them out and getting bigger and bigger checks. What kind of a freaking loon are you? Never mind, you've already answered that.

The bill is designed to remove the incentive of low income women who are on assistance to have more children they cant afford.

That is not a bad thing.

Its designed to look like that and I'd bet the authors might even say that's what they have in mind. But that's not what its designed to do at all. I know that because the food stamp amount is a fraction of what it costs to feed a child.

Its very likely a woman on food stamps cannot afford birth control. There are many men who believe that bc is the responsibility of the woman and some even refuse to use a condom.

As for abortion, if a woman in one food stamps, she's going to have a hard time affording an abortion. And, she may not want to have an abortion.

Nevertheless, it is true that a lot of legislators are fighting against affordable birth control, abortion and against poor women. One of the ways they are doing this is to fight funding of Planned Parenthood and other low cost sources for women's health care.

Forum List

Back