Woman says husband is king in her life

I say what I have said all along. If the women choose that life, more power to them
Very reasonable, and I can respect that.

All too often I find that the more feminine, more home/family-oriented, and less career/power-oriented women I know get berated, looked down upon, and humiliated by their more Feminist “sisters” in society.

The 1950s nuclear family is gone....thank the good lord. My advice to my daughter was you shouldn't feel the need to have kids and go out and make money because that's all america is about. Making money.

What you're saying is completely antithetical to everything the modern feminist/Leftist believes in. They won't merely disagree with you. They'll attack you for promoting such values.
What values?

Very reasonable, and I can respect that.

All too often I find that the more feminine, more home/family-oriented, and less career/power-oriented women I know get berated, looked down upon, and humiliated by their more Feminist “sisters” in society.
Yeah sure.

I find that the more submissive the woman is in an relationship the more their taken advantage of.

find that the more submissive the woman is in an relationship the more their taken advantage of.
My experiences tend to differ, but that’s kind of how life works, isn’t it. I can guarantee you that my wife and my sister in law don’t feel “taken advantage of”.

There’s such a double standard.

If a man went on social media and said basically the same thing, that his wife is “queen” of his life, he’d be held up as a model husband.

But a woman says her husband is “king” and suddenly it’s sexist.

My experiences tend to differ, but that’s kind of how life works, isn’t it. I can guarantee you that my wife and my sister in law don’t feel “taken advantage of”.
There’s such a double standard.

If a man went on social media and said basically the same thing, that his wife is “queen” of his life, he’d be held up as a model husband.

But a woman says her husband is “king” and suddenly it’s sexist.
He would be called henpecked dude.

If the woman on the OP says "husband is king" let her! what's the problem....to each its own, live and let live.

Meh, no biggie.:dunno:

This topic touches upon the difference between Misogyny and Misandry, which I have described previously.

The vast majority of misogynists view women as the greatest treasure a man can have. Pickup artists pride themselves on having relations with many women. InCels bewail the fact that they do not have a female partner, which makes their life incomplete. The view that #womenaretreasure has been the benchmark of gender relationships for the last four millennia.

Some women do agree (permanently or temporarily) to be a man's treasure. Some women would agree to be subservient to their male partners. That is their choice.

Nevertheless, the vast majority of both Liberal and Conservative women would never agree to belong or be subservient to any man. We can not blame women for being free individuals equal to men! Teaching women to be subservient to their husbands was a very unfair practice.

Unfair as misogyny is, misandry takes unfairness to a vastly higher level. The vast majority of misandrists view men as oppressors, enemies, garbage, pigs, etc. Most misandrist discourse contains a dense set of revenge fantasies about murder and mutilation of men. Hashtag #killallmen2020 gathered 400 million views on TikTok. Many misandrist movies and novels deal with gruesome revenge and torture of men. Misandrists value men only as emotional (and sometimes physical) punching bags or as proxies to abuse other men.

Probably my wife...she has much better night vision than I do, is a lighter sleeper, and doesn't need to fumble for glasses. She could be up, armed, and downstairs in twenty seconds.

Hey! your wife is a winner, good on her!:up:

It’s not so much being trained to follow orders as it is both genders being taught that each gender has a proper role in society.

My brother and his wife have four boys, three girls and girl number four is arriving in late April. I asked the oldest three 14/m, 13/f and 12/m what they wanted for Christmas at Thanksgiving… Jonah wanted a new toolbox for his woodworking tools - he wants to be a carpenter , Timmy (my Godson) wanted several books about architecture and some new drafting equipment - he wants to go into architecture. Betsy wanted a new set of baking pans and measuring cups - she wants to be a housewife and mother.

At 13, my wife might have wanted workout gear, running shoes (she went through a pair every 3 months), roller blades if she outgrew or wire out hers, and clothes that fit. (She is tall and hard to fit.) Probably a coat. Always books.

Forum List

Back