Zone1 Woman at Dollar Store teaches five black youths a lesson

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I walk in the dollar store and there are five black male kids about fourteen, I would say. They are picking up snack items and talking about what they can buy, what's good. Typical talk from kids who are just old enough to be in stores without parental supervision. A little loud but not foul mouthed or rude.

I wind up in line directly behind them. Only one cashier was working, a lady about fifty-five. She said, "are you a basketball team or a football team?"

One of them said, "both."

She said, "bring all you got in your hand to this other register and put it on the table. But don't pick up anything else." They start walking over and one mentions that they are paying separately. She tell them not to worry about that.

When all their stuff is in a pile, she says, "I'm paying for all this, just don't grab nothing else. When you came in I asked you to leave your backpacks here, and you were very respectful and didn't argue or frown. I appreciate your being polite." Sure enough, she rang it up handing each item to the one who wanted it to put in his bag and then she reached her hand around with her debit card.

If she were a white woman, that might have looked condescending. But I believe that she wanted to reinforce the politeness, because she knows how hard it can be on a young black man who takes an attitude to authority. Authority takes an attitude back and it can spiral into dying with a police officer kneeling on their back.

I work with kids who have behavior issues and one of the hardest but most effective methods is to watch for them to do something right and immediately reward them for it, even if they were cussing you out that morning. I bet that lady didn't even have a degree, she just knew how to help boys become good men.

WHY would you reward something they should ALWAYS be doing???
You reinforce what you want more of. As I said, one of the hardest but most effective methods is to watch for them to do something right and immediately reward them for it, even if they were cussing you out that morning.

I'm always supposed to be showing up to work and teaching, but I get rewarded with a paycheck every month.

I was driving down the street when my car died, right in front of a high school in Alexandria, VA that is known for being overwhelmingly black and poor. Four black teens, around 14 or 15, came up to me and asked if I would like a push to the gas station about a block and a half away.

Of course I took them up on their offer, and in less than five minutes I was at the gas station. I gave them $20 to share, which they were very happy about, and they went right into the convenience store there to buy candy or whatever.

Lesson: You get paid for a job, and then you have money to buy things from a store.

P.S. And these were bright boys. They saw an opportunity to earn money, and they pro-actively went after it.

The moral of this thread:

There are good kids from that ethnicity.

In fact, some are even better than some kids from other ethnicities.

That is why it is such a shame that the good kids from that ethnicity have to suffer from a bad reputation caused by the unusually large percentage of kids of that ethnicity that are violent.

The moral of this thread:

There are good kids from that ethnicity.

In fact, some are even better than some kids from other ethnicities.

That is why it is such a shame that the good kids from that ethnicity have to suffer from a bad reputation caused by the unusually large percentage of kids of that ethnicity that are violent.
How true. That said, once stung by a bee, it's human nature to be cautious of all insects that look like a bee, even if many of those insects are actually harmless.

But whites commit the most theft and shoplifting.

Forum List

Back