Wolves are back in Colorado for the first time since the 1930s

Ya I dont play naked and afraid buddy. I have big bucks in my out door tools and plan to take advantage of them.

Which is why our long ago ancestors who really were apex predators had such respect and fear of wolves, bears, etc...so much so that the fear has become part of practically every culture ever exposed to them. And if you think a gun makes you an apex predator, think again...check the stats on how many hunters are found dead, killed and eaten by their "prey"......

People who actually spend time in the outdoors don't carry your arrogant attitude about their superiority to nature...you are obviously a poser who has watched one to many episodes of McGuiver..
your an idiot! never let any one convince you other wise.

Humans as a species are the apex predator...as individuals, very few of us could last more than a few days in the wild on our own instincts and resuources. I know this because I taught the sklll for a good portion of my life. I saw all sorts like you who believed they were the apex predator who were weeping heaps after a weekend...rushing back to town for a mc burger.

You are a poser....

And it was so much trouble hunting those wolves out in the first place...…..

Sounds like a Mel Brooks joke ...

I have mixed feelings ... wolves themselves cause very little additional economic loss ... where they are removed, the coyotes and domesticated dogs quickly move in and losses continue ... rich ecological niches never remain empty for long ... and the way we herd cows, sheep and goats is a predator's wet dream come true ...

This is strictly an emotional issue, and human's tender ego being insulted ... it's okay for a coyote to sneak around and snatch a calf, lamb or kid; cowardly bastard ... but a wolf will just trot right by you and take that calf, lamb or kid right there in front of you ... completely ignoring your very existence ... bold ... like humans aren't even worth eating, reminds us our only evolutionary advantage is a particularly awful tasting flesh ...

I think we have three breeding pairs up in the hills around us ... maybe 30 to 40 total animals ... we've tried to buy them one-way bus tickets to California, too many homeless there and the hunting grounds are full of shit ...

We have sheep. I am not amused by the import of either coyotes or wolves. We are alleged to have suffered import of coyotes in Maryland because of the Army --- they do have a gross overpopulation of deer. Guess what? Farmed sheep and poultry are a lot easier to kill than deer. So we get the coyotes here.

I think the worthless city people who have never had anything killed by a predator should have the wolves in their area, in NYC or their suburbs. Wolves would like this: they were seen on the streets of Paris as late as 1788. (Mind you, it was a bad winter, but still....)

And it was so much trouble hunting those wolves out in the first place...…..

Sounds like a Mel Brooks joke ...

I have mixed feelings ... wolves themselves cause very little additional economic loss ... where they are removed, the coyotes and domesticated dogs quickly move in and losses continue ... rich ecological niches never remain empty for long ... and the way we herd cows, sheep and goats is a predator's wet dream come true ...

This is strictly an emotional issue, and human's tender ego being insulted ... it's okay for a coyote to sneak around and snatch a calf, lamb or kid; cowardly bastard ... but a wolf will just trot right by you and take that calf, lamb or kid right there in front of you ... completely ignoring your very existence ... bold ... like humans aren't even worth eating, reminds us our only evolutionary advantage is a particularly awful tasting flesh ...

I think we have three breeding pairs up in the hills around us ... maybe 30 to 40 total animals ... we've tried to buy them one-way bus tickets to California, too many homeless there and the hunting grounds are full of shit ...

We have sheep. I am not amused by the import of either coyotes or wolves. We are alleged to have suffered import of coyotes in Maryland because of the Army --- they do have a gross overpopulation of deer. Guess what? Farmed sheep and poultry are a lot easier to kill than deer. So we get the coyotes here.

I think the worthless city people who have never had anything killed by a predator should have the wolves in their area, in NYC or their suburbs. Wolves would like this: they were seen on the streets of Paris as late as 1788. (Mind you, it was a bad winter, but still....)
Yeah....they have that great big green space right in the city that could support a small pack...and give those kooks a chance to see real nature up close and personal. Give them a chance to see actual apex predators...and think of the effect a pack in Central Park would have on crime... the police wouldn’t even have to patrol the park after dark..

A small pack could survive on dog walkers and poodles alone in NYC.. and the inevitable nuts who would go into the park fancying themselves to be apex predators.

I too have mixed feelings. I would love to see the wolves back and have environmental groups pay for farmers losses. Wolves kill indiscriminately. And unfortunately the presence of wolves affects domestic herds in many ways. The presence , just the presence of wolves, changes the reproductive habits of sheep and cows. They have less offspring, severely affecting the tight finances of ranchers in the west, possibly causing them to go out of business and losing the ranch to the rich who have no concern for ranching culture, thereby destroying the culture of the west. It is a very complicated problem, something everyone should acknowledge, before swallowing the we are making nature whole again narrative.

Idaho's 'wolf wars' pit ranchers against environmentalists

Forum List

Back