Woke Oscars Make History

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Woke Oscars Make History … for Record-Low Ratings.

After the 2020 Academy Awards spurred reports of an “all-time low” last year with a mere 23.6 million viewers, Sunday’s 2021 ceremony shattered that dubious record, dropping by 58% to a mere 9.85 million viewers.

While the show was able to overcome the hurdles of California’s longtime lock-down restrictions celebrities still were expected to virtue-signal over the recommended social-distancing measures.

https://headlineusa.com/woke-oscars-record-low-ratings/

Under 10 million viewers. Hollywood’s stranglehold on culture is over.

What is that? 1 of every 35 Americans tuned in? And that's not even to watch the entire show.

That's a sign of something that's for sure. The big corporations won't care, they will overspend throwing good money after, but, investors might care.

Last edited:
Woke Oscars Make History … for Record-Low Ratings.

After the 2020 Academy Awards spurred reports of an “all-time low” last year with a mere 23.6 million viewers, Sunday’s 2021 ceremony shattered that dubious record, dropping by 58% to a mere 9.85 million viewers.

While the show was able to overcome the hurdles of California’s longtime lock-down restrictions celebrities still were expected to virtue-signal over the recommended social-distancing measures.

https://headlineusa.com/woke-oscars-record-low-ratings/
Their product has been less than entertaining and more political posturing for at least twenty years. Like pro sports, they need to get off of their soap boxes and start putting out a product that lets people escape from day to day drudge. The award show has become nothing more than the woke crowd complaining about how oppressed they are in their privilege while they vilify 87% of the population.
Viewers will continue to stay away as long as 13% of the population dictates where the awards go. They will all go broke as long as they produce a shit product. Good riddance.

I know it's popular to bag on Hollywood. Like saying scientologists vote dem (wtf? lol) But the reality is there's no money to be had in making the spectacles that will get people to pay $20 a pop for 120-180 minutes of special effects. And franchises like Bond may not be able to regain momentum.

But what we have a small films. And $20 is still a lot, even for two adults at home. But Judas and the Black Messiah tells an important story in America, and one both Chicago and Oakland are still suffering from the hands of the FBI. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom is supposedly pretty good. My wife wants to see Nomadland, and that's probably an important story too. John Ford and Henry Fonda weren't around today. Pieces of a Woman seems like a really "small" film, but emotional. The cast is intresting. Bad Boy Shia and Ellen Burstyn are just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't have much interest in the Father or the Chicago 7 ... , and once was enough. LOL Mank's probably really good, but black and white? Maybe on neftlix or amazon I'll watch for the subscription fee.

Promising Young Woman YIKES ... Minari, probably not.

The US v. Billie Holliday .... reviews are mixed, but she was one of my favorite artists. Tragedy in every note

Forum List

Back