Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

It's odd, that a trump Nazi, like yourself, would criticize a decision by corporate heads. After all, it's been the contention of conservatives for decades that corporate heads can run their companies in the way they believe best suits the company's goals.

Has that pro corporate argument reversed since you right-wing nuts became trump's Nazis?

Who are you talking about? The people who own the right to Dr Seuss decided that there were things in 6 books that could be hurtful to some people.
Oh ffs stop with this safe-space idiocy. People do not have an inherent right not to be "hurt" by the freedoms of others. That's a very slippery slope whereby someone thin-skinned can dictate to others what can be published, read or even said.

There are always the guilt-laden (almost always white liberals) who encourage this coddling and in doing so turn society into a sterile and soulless entity.

You are absolutely right. There is no inherent right to not have their feelings hurt.

But, if someone chooses not to continue to sell their property because they choose not to risk hurting someone, that is their business.
God save us from the incurably self-righteous and "woke". A business is a business, and if you have something of value that your wokeness does not allow you to profit from, you sell it.

Otherwise, one can buy the rights to a publication and refusing to publish it, force censorship. It is indeed a slippery slope encouraged by the likes of you and others that lack courage and find excuses.

God damned snowflakes!

First of all, please point out where I have encouraged this, or even agreed with it. I am simply pointing out the actual facts that the books were not banned.

As for what someone does with their own property, that is for them to decide. And only them. Feel free to encourage them to publish the books. But in the end it is their choice.

I have. I literally have and they said the exact same thing. So Dr. Seuss...no longer published. Mein Kampf still published. Leftist Logic.

Mein Kampf is published because it's a book of historical signifigence.

The six Dr. Seuss books were so obscure even the company publishing didn't realize they were still in print.

I didn't say he was gay, you moron - I said he is a homosexual supremacist - which he is. He pushes the most radical of LGBTQRSTUVWXYA bullshit.

What radical stuff is that? That Gays should have the same rights the rest of us enjoy. Yeah, man' that's pretty radical.

Yep...on Discovery the lead engineer is married to a dude. The protagonist is an African American female and her mentor was an Asian Female. The new Captain, a white male is depicted as being unhinged. The ship is run on natural elements vs man made fuel and that’s how it hyper jumps.

Is that sufficient for you?

Okay... let's look at these.. (Did you actually watch the series, or did you look at cliff notes for Season 1)

The lead engineer is gay. Okay. No biggie. Hardly a radical thing in this day and age. That it took this long for Trek to have a gay character is what amazes me.

So. Um. Wow? really? YOu think this is radical? Women of color as Main Characters?

Deep Space Nine had a black captain. (And in my opinion, probably the best Captain Character of any series. He actually had a character arc.) Voyager had a female Captain. Let's not forget, the Original Trek had Sulu and Uhura, people of color in positions of authority, in the freaking 1960's.

The "unhinged captain" was actually one of the best parts of the show, when it was revealed that he was from the Evil Alternate Universe (which has been part of Trek since the very beginning.) The Asian female also had an evil alternate universe counterpart, who was kind of unhinged as well, and they kept her around for three seasons.

I personally found the Fungus Drive to be a bit silly, (Especially since this was a prequel series and we never heard about it again in any of the sequel series). But only the White Male Grievance crowd would think it was some kind of liberal propaganda.

Who are you talking about? The people who own the right to Dr Seuss decided that there were things in 6 books that could be hurtful to some people. They, and no one else, decided to stop publishing the books. There was absolutely no ban involved.

Unless you think that people should not be allowed to decide what to do with their own property.

It should also be pointed out that Seuss himself revised his own work in response to public criticism. In The Lorax, there is a line referring to water pollution in Lake Erie, but when people pointed out that they had cleaned much of that up, he revised the text. In "Mulberry Street", The word was changed from "Chinaman" to "Chinese Boy" and he was recolored from yellow to white and they removed his pony tail.

I have. I literally have and they said the exact same thing. So Dr. Seuss...no longer published. Mein Kampf still published. Leftist Logic.

Mein Kampf is published because it's a book of historical signifigence.

The six Dr. Seuss books were so obscure even the company publishing didn't realize they were still in print.

I didn't say he was gay, you moron - I said he is a homosexual supremacist - which he is. He pushes the most radical of LGBTQRSTUVWXYA bullshit.

What radical stuff is that? That Gays should have the same rights the rest of us enjoy. Yeah, man' that's pretty radical.
If they are so obscure then why are people making such a but fuss about it?

Yep...on Discovery the lead engineer is married to a dude. The protagonist is an African American female and her mentor was an Asian Female. The new Captain, a white male is depicted as being unhinged. The ship is run on natural elements vs man made fuel and that’s how it hyper jumps.

Is that sufficient for you?

Okay... let's look at these.. (Did you actually watch the series, or did you look at cliff notes for Season 1)

The lead engineer is gay. Okay. No biggie. Hardly a radical thing in this day and age. That it took this long for Trek to have a gay character is what amazes me.

So. Um. Wow? really? YOu think this is radical? Women of color as Main Characters?

Deep Space Nine had a black captain. (And in my opinion, probably the best Captain Character of any series. He actually had a character arc.) Voyager had a female Captain. Let's not forget, the Original Trek had Sulu and Uhura, people of color in positions of authority, in the freaking 1960's.

The "unhinged captain" was actually one of the best parts of the show, when it was revealed that he was from the Evil Alternate Universe (which has been part of Trek since the very beginning.) The Asian female also had an evil alternate universe counterpart, who was kind of unhinged as well, and they kept her around for three seasons.

I personally found the Fungus Drive to be a bit silly, (Especially since this was a prequel series and we never heard about it again in any of the sequel series). But only the White Male Grievance crowd would think it was some kind of liberal propaganda.
Never said it was propaganda. I answered your question. Uhura and Sulu weren’t captains.
False conflation. Character not only gay but married to a man. The first officer is a giant pacifist. Doesn’t mean the show wasn’t enjoyable but you asked for examples and I gave them to you. Honestly you didn’t believe anyone here watched it but Dr. Grump and I have discussed this before. IDC about the mini social justice messages but they are there and very visible.

Same reason why the right wing always makes a fuss over bullshit.

Because the One Percenters know you are easily distracted by the shiny things.

"Hey, Trump's incompetence killed half a million people."

"Never mind that! They talked Dr. Seuss into pulling obscure titles with racist pictures in them!!! They are cancelling our childhoods!!!! Grrrrr......"

So stereotypes can be racist? If someone wants to no longer publish a racist stereotype, that is bad?

You Nazis are as insane as you are evil.

You seek to destroy every facet of American culture,.

One fish

Two fish

Cancel culture

dead fish

I asked a simple question. You had to run to "Nazi's".

We should preserve and continue racist stereotypes?

The point is these woke nazis are going to continue to find different material to direct stupid people to be outraged about. And they’re getting creative. If you’re outrage about Dr. Seuss (an American treasure and a genius) than you were told to be outraged about him by the Marxist elite.

Who told you to be outraged because a publisher decided to no longer publish a few books?
The publisher didn't just decide to stop publishing this money making book----They knew what Ebay and likely others were about to ban. They chose or were force to stop publishing because they couldn't sell with the banning attacks but by announcing they are going to stop publishing----they will see a sharp rise for their book before all of the cancel culture bans them. DEMAND for the books have soared btw and getting copies has become difficult-------prices are jumping.

Never said it was propaganda. I answered your question. Uhura and Sulu weren’t captains.

Burnham wasn't a captain, either. (At least not until the end of Season 3) Georgeau was a minor character. Sulu did get promoted to Captain in Star Trek VI.

Character not only gay but married to a man.

Not sure why that's a big deal.

The first officer is a giant pacifist.

Um. Yeah, did you watch the series? Suru is hardly a pacifist.

Doesn’t mean the show wasn’t enjoyable but you asked for examples and I gave them to you. Honestly you didn’t believe anyone here watched it but Dr. Grump and I have discussed this before.

Actually, I'm still kind of doubting you watched it, or if you didn't you were too busy fuming about stuff to actually understand what was going on.

IDC about the mini social justice messages but they are there and very visible.

Or you were overly sensitive to them...

Now, what I have seen is a lot of white male grievance rage in SF of late. How dare you make a black woman the focus of Discovery? How dare you make Doctor Who a woman? How dare you make Rae the most powerful Jedi ever? Which is too bad.. because this shit is already fucked up our politics, I don't like seeing it in our science fiction.

The publisher didn't just decide to stop publishing this money making book----They knew what Ebay and likely others were about to ban. They chose or were force to stop publishing because they couldn't sell with the banning attacks but by announcing they are going to stop publishing----they will see a sharp rise for their book before all of the cancel culture bans them. DEMAND for the books have soared btw and getting copies has become difficult-------prices are jumping.

That's only because they think it's going to be a collectors item.

Same reason why the right wing always makes a fuss over bullshit.

Because the One Percenters know you are easily distracted by the shiny things.

"Hey, Trump's incompetence killed half a million people."

"Never mind that! They talked Dr. Seuss into pulling obscure titles with racist pictures in them!!! They are cancelling our childhoods!!!! Grrrrr......"
You didn’t answer the question. What does this have to do with Trump? Again, if so obscure why make such a fuss over it?

Burnham wasn't a captain, either. (At least not until the end of Season 3) Georgeau was a minor character. Sulu did get promoted to Captain in Star Trek VI.

Character not only gay but married to a man.

Not sure why that's a big deal.

The first officer is a giant pacifist.

Um. Yeah, did you watch the series? Suru is hardly a pacifist.

Doesn’t mean the show wasn’t enjoyable but you asked for examples and I gave them to you. Honestly you didn’t believe anyone here watched it but Dr. Grump and I have discussed this before.

Actually, I'm still kind of doubting you watched it, or if you didn't you were too busy fuming about stuff to actually understand what was going on.

IDC about the mini social justice messages but they are there and very visible.

Or you were overly sensitive to them...

Now, what I have seen is a lot of white male grievance rage in SF of late. How dare you make a black woman the focus of Discovery? How dare you make Doctor Who a woman? How dare you make Rae the most powerful Jedi ever? Which is too bad.. because this shit is already fucked up our politics, I don't like seeing it in our science fiction.
I gave you specific examples and answered your question. Your answer “I dont know why it’s such a big deal”? It’s not to me but is to others. I like You found it stupid as the pores were so advanced but it was a prequel. Where were the pores in the future? Series lost me there. I did watch it. You just don’t like the fact that I answered your question honestly and made you look stupid again.

You didn’t answer the question. What does this have to do with Trump? Again, if so obscure why make such a fuss over it?

There shouldn't have been a fuss. These books should have been withdrawn years ago.

Some of them can probably be edited.

This wouldn't nave been a blip on anyone's radar, until the usual suspects on the right started whining about "cancel culture".

I gave you specific examples and answered your question. Your answer “I dont know why it’s such a big deal”? It’s not to me but is to others. I like You found it stupid as the pores were so advanced but it was a prequel. Where were the pores in the future? Series lost me there. I did watch it. You just don’t like the fact that I answered your question honestly and made you look stupid again.

Well, they pretty clearly stated that the spores were a classified project and information on it was lost when Discovery jumped into the future.

But you freaked out about two dudes cuddling or something.

There shouldn't have been a fuss. These books should have been withdrawn years ago.

Some of them can probably be edited.

This wouldn't nave been a blip on anyone's radar, until the usual suspects on the right started whining about "cancel culture".
Usual suspects being your fellow leftists. Thanks for the acknowledgment

Well, they pretty clearly stated that the spores were a classified project and information on it was lost when Discovery jumped into the future.

But you freaked out about two dudes cuddling or something.
Show me the post where I said I freaked out. You asked for example of leftism in the show and I gave you several. You just didn’t like that I made you look stupid. It’s OK. You ll live.

Forum List

Back