Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

Didn’t discovery re write Spock’s history to include a half sister that taught him everything he knows?

Not exactly, no. She was his adopted sister.
There is a difference between political story telling as opposed to pushing outright woke ideology ( propaganda). Which new Star Trek does now. As admitted to by the show runners.

Again, can you point out an example?

Can stereotypes be racist?
Only if you are a sensitive snowflake. But they can be very funny.

Maybe in the history books talking about the South we should show all pics with people running around in white hoods?
I'm 50 years old and I've never seen a klans man in person in my entire life.

I'm 68, have lived in Virginia (used to be the home base of the Confederacy for you uneducated types) since 1961, and have never seen anything of the contemporary Klan. Ever.

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.

No.

Really?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Just because I have an issue with it doesn’t mean I need to buy the rights, I can just defend theirs.

Go for it. What they do with their property is really none of your business.
It’s the principle. That’s what you don’t seem to understand.

Continuing to promote racist stereotypes is a principle to you?
It is a slippery slope. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Many anti Jewish stereotypes and I do not want any of them banned. Not one.

Great. Many Jews do.

Jews are condemning anti-semitism all the time. They make many good points.
Stereotyping and anti Semitic behaviors aren’t one in the same. We are too easily offended.

Of course they are. They both are designed to put others down.
One in a comedic way and one is a divisive hateful way. There is a massive difference. Airplane was a funny movie but played on stereotypes. Should it be banned?

I've addressed this already.
As have I. You are obtuse and refuse to see my side of the debate. You just dig your heels in. Nothing gets resolved that way. I see your POV and vehemently disagree with it as is my right but I understand. You refuse to see my POV and just dismiss it.

Make a valid point as to why elementary age children should be shown blacks portrayed as monkey's.
Where does Seuss portray a black man as a monkey? You seem hung up on this monkey thing. Nobody has supported that.

1614911116601.png

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Just because I have an issue with it doesn’t mean I need to buy the rights, I can just defend theirs.

It is a slippery slope. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Many anti Jewish stereotypes and I do not want any of them banned. Not one.

Great. Many Jews do.

Stereotyping and anti Semitic behaviors aren’t one in the same. We are too easily offended.

One in a comedic way and one is a divisive hateful way. There is a massive difference. Airplane was a funny movie but played on stereotypes. Should it be banned?

As have I. You are obtuse and refuse to see my side of the debate. You just dig your heels in. Nothing gets resolved that way. I see your POV and vehemently disagree with it as is my right but I understand. You refuse to see my POV and just dismiss it.

Make a valid point as to why elementary age children should be shown blacks portrayed as monkey's.
Where does Seuss portray a black man as a monkey? You seem hung up on this monkey thing. Nobody has supported that.

View attachment 464271
Those are fictional characters. Nothing racist about it.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

View attachment 464271
Fail. That’s not representing any REAL black man as a monkey.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

View attachment 464271
Show that picture to a black person and tell them the same thing.

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

Who are you talking about? The people who own the right to Dr Seuss decided that there were things in 6 books that could be hurtful to some people. They, and no one else, decided to stop publishing the books. There was absolutely no ban involved.

Unless you think that people should not be allowed to decide what to do with their own property.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

View attachment 464271
Show that picture to a black person and tell them the same thing.
I have. I literally have and they said the exact same thing. So Dr. Seuss...no longer published. Mein Kampf still published. Leftist Logic.

Didn’t discovery re write Spock’s history to include a half sister that taught him everything he knows?

There is a difference between political story telling as opposed to pushing outright woke ideology ( propaganda). Which new Star Trek does now. As admitted to by the show runners.

Yep...on Discovery the lead engineer is married to a dude. The protagonist is an African American female and her mentor was an Asian Female. The new Captain, a white male is depicted as being unhinged. The ship is run on natural elements vs man made fuel and that’s how it hyper jumps.

Is that sufficient for you?

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

He was always a racist. Normal people don’t like that anymore. Stop whining, Karen

He was always a racist. Normal people don’t like that anymore. Stop whining, Karen
“Normal people” as defined by insane leftists. Oh the irony. Thanks for the laugh.

Yep...on Discovery the lead engineer is married to a dude. The protagonist is an African American female and her mentor was an Asian Female. The new Captain, a white male is depicted as being unhinged. The ship is run on natural elements vs man made fuel and that’s how it hyper jumps.

Is that sufficient for you?

I watched the premiere episode. It sucked.

Um, Patrick Stewart has been married three times... I'm not sure where you get this "homosexual supremacist" crap from.

Picard isn't a very good show. I think they bastardized the characters, the supporting characters weren't interesting.

I didn't say he was gay, you moron - I said he is a homosexual supremacist - which he is. He pushes the most radical of LGBTQRSTUVWXYA bullshit.

Who are you talking about? The people who own the right to Dr Seuss decided that there were things in 6 books that could be hurtful to some people.
Oh ffs stop with this safe-space idiocy. People do not have an inherent right not to be "hurt" by the freedoms of others. That's a very slippery slope whereby someone thin-skinned can dictate to others what can be published, read or even said.

There are always the guilt-laden (almost always white liberals) who encourage this coddling and in doing so turn society into a sterile and soulless entity.

Who are you talking about? The people who own the right to Dr Seuss decided that there were things in 6 books that could be hurtful to some people.
Oh ffs stop with this safe-space idiocy. People do not have an inherent right not to be "hurt" by the freedoms of others. That's a very slippery slope whereby someone thin-skinned can dictate to others what can be published, read or even said.

There are always the guilt-laden (almost always white liberals) who encourage this coddling and in doing so turn society into a sterile and soulless entity.

You are absolutely right. There is no inherent right to not have their feelings hurt.

But, if someone chooses not to continue to sell their property because they choose not to risk hurting someone, that is their business.

You are absolutely right. There is no inherent right to not have their feelings hurt.

But, if someone chooses not to continue to sell their property because they choose not to risk hurting someone, that is their business.
God save us from the incurably self-righteous and "woke". A business is a business, and if you have something of value that your wokeness does not allow you to profit from, you sell it.

Otherwise, one can buy the rights to a publication and refusing to publish it, force censorship. It is indeed a slippery slope encouraged by the likes of you and others that lack courage and find excuses.

God damned snowflakes!

Forum List

Back