Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

Patrick Stewart stated in an interview that he would only do the show if it subverted his character (captain Picard) and focused on politics. The writers of Discovery admitted they use the franchise as a political platform.

The actors and show runners have run it into the ground.

Star Trek has always pushed a political agenda and was always left of center.

Gene Roddenberry said that he portrayed a future he hoped for, not one that was likely to be.

Star Trek TNG was a wildly leftist show.

I haven't watched "Picard" - but Stewart is a homosexual supremacist, so I imagine there are radical themes.

I did watch "Discovery" and found it far less political than TNG.

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

Hey Nostra, screw you. Those books are offensive. No trans characters. No BLM characters. No reparations talk. Completely inappropriate. Wake up!
View attachment 463326
Interesting that you use a depiction of a franchise the woke left is currently destroying based on White supremacy and the patriarchy.
Who's destroying star trek?
Patrick Stewart stated in an interview that he would only do the show if it subverted his character (captain Picard) and focused on politics. The writers of Discovery admitted they use the franchise as a political platform.

Picard is a weak ass character

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

Hey Nostra, screw you. Those books are offensive. No trans characters. No BLM characters. No reparations talk. Completely inappropriate. Wake up!
View attachment 463326
Interesting that you use a depiction of a franchise the woke left is currently destroying based on White supremacy and the patriarchy.

Especially now that current Star Trek has adopted woke progressive doctrine. He is portrayed as spineless and is always being dressed down by women in power.

View attachment 463326

Especially now that current Star Trek has adopted woke progressive doctrine. He is portrayed as spineless and is always being dressed down by women in power.
So...same old same old? What happened to JTK and his womanizing. That was one of the best aspects of the show.

Gene Roddenberry said that he portrayed a future he hoped for, not one that was likely to be.

I haven't watched "Picard" - but Stewart is a homosexual supremacist, so I imagine there are radical themes.

I did watch "Discovery" and found it far less political than TNG.
There is a difference between political story telling as opposed to pushing outright woke ideology ( propaganda). Which new Star Trek does now. As admitted to by the show runners.

Can stereotypes be racist?
You should ask the black community that question

Why? I'm asking here and it seems you do not want to answer.

What race doesn’t use stereotypes? It’s a stupid question.. You should treat all races equally

So stereotypes can be racist? If someone wants to no longer publish a racist stereotype, that is bad?
As long as you equally denounce it from every race and not used to attack one race to pander for votes.. hehe

That's fine. What exactly are you suggesting I also condemn?
I condemn people who condemn.

You are never on here condemning politicians?

You're here all worked up over a fabricated "woke" children author.

Grow the fck up and cease anyone takes your lame attempts to look all woke, Nincompoop.

You're a fckn sad puppy

There is a difference between political story telling as opposed to pushing outright woke ideology ( propaganda). Which new Star Trek does now. As admitted to by the show runners.

I think that must be the show "PIcard" rather than "Discovery."

Other than the openly gay couple - which doesn't bother me - the show is pretty standard Star Trek fare - rehashing the parallel universe them for the billionth time.

I think that must be the show "PIcard" rather than "Discovery."

Other than the openly gay couple - which doesn't bother me - the show is pretty standard Star Trek fare - rehashing the parallel universe them for the billionth time.
Didn’t discovery re write Spock’s history to include a half sister that taught him everything he knows?

View attachment 463326

So you not agreeing with it equals "destroyed"?

Seems like plenty of folks still watch it.

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.
Just because I have an issue with it doesn’t mean I need to buy the rights, I can just defend theirs.

Go for it. What they do with their property is really none of your business.
It’s the principle. That’s what you don’t seem to understand.

Continuing to promote racist stereotypes is a principle to you?
It is a slippery slope. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Many anti Jewish stereotypes and I do not want any of them banned. Not one.

Great. Many Jews do.

Jews are condemning anti-semitism all the time. They make many good points.
Stereotyping and anti Semitic behaviors aren’t one in the same. We are too easily offended.

Of course they are. They both are designed to put others down.
One in a comedic way and one is a divisive hateful way. There is a massive difference. Airplane was a funny movie but played on stereotypes. Should it be banned?

I've addressed this already.
As have I. You are obtuse and refuse to see my side of the debate. You just dig your heels in. Nothing gets resolved that way. I see your POV and vehemently disagree with it as is my right but I understand. You refuse to see my POV and just dismiss it.

Make a valid point as to why elementary age children should be shown blacks portrayed as monkey's.
Where does Seuss portray a black man as a monkey? You seem hung up on this monkey thing. Nobody has supported that.

Um, I watched Picard. If there was a political message in there, it was pretty darned subtle. And I wasn't a fan of the series... Something about an 80 year old action hero just is a little laughable. "I've Fallen, and I can't Beam Up".

Romulans are like Mexicans? Was that the supposed political message? Because they were kind of building off of what had already been established in Universe in the first Kelvin Timeline movie that the Romulans were all refugees now.

What was the supposed political message of Discovery?

Now, I really don't like either show that much. (I really haven't liked any Trek show since Deep Space Nine. ) But what was the political message? That a black woman was the lead? Well, Trek has had female and black leads in the past.

Um, Patrick Stewart has been married three times... I'm not sure where you get this "homosexual supremacist" crap from.

Picard isn't a very good show. I think they bastardized the characters, the supporting characters weren't interesting.

Forum List

Back