Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

What's happening here is that our society has undergone massive change in the past 100 years, and we are now looking older material with new eyes and not liking it much. We can discourage the old ways by not encouraging stereotypical and degrading depictions of others, but do we literally chuck the old stuff because it portrays how people thought back then? I wonder if that goes too far. Not sure.

I demand the Government return of all the old racist cartoons we use to watch on TV too.
Wait till the left decides that rewriting history is not enough

its only a matter of time before the lefties begin scooping up everyone who saw those cartoons and forcing them to undergo deprogramming

Yeah and if the Govbment don't get us, old age will.....

This is the world the thin skinned has produced for us...
2020 Splained.jpg

Can stereotypes be racist?
EVERYTHING can be racist or bigoted to the insane left.

When Adel lost a ton of weight and celebrated it on social media the moronic left called her out for fat shaming.

You people have lost it.

Seems that upsets you. Just as changes are upsetting to you. Just like how people passed laws to keep white's from marrying blacks and arresting those who did.

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.
Just because I have an issue with it doesn’t mean I need to buy the rights, I can just defend theirs.

Go for it. What they do with their property is really none of your business.
It’s the principle. That’s what you don’t seem to understand.

Continuing to promote racist stereotypes is a principle to you?
It is a slippery slope. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Many anti Jewish stereotypes and I do not want any of them banned. Not one.

Great. Many Jews do.

Jews are condemning anti-semitism all the time. They make many good points.
Stereotyping and anti Semitic behaviors aren’t one in the same. We are too easily offended.

Of course they are. They both are designed to put others down.
One in a comedic way and one is a divisive hateful way. There is a massive difference. Airplane was a funny movie but played on stereotypes. Should it be banned?

I've addressed this already.
As have I. You are obtuse and refuse to see my side of the debate. You just dig your heels in. Nothing gets resolved that way. I see your POV and vehemently disagree with it as is my right but I understand. You refuse to see my POV and just dismiss it.

Make a valid point as to why elementary age children should be shown blacks portrayed as monkey's.
Lie. They aren’t blacks they are fictional monkeys.

Whenever monkeys come up in any context, the lefties always make a connection to black people. I don't get it. Why does the left think blacks are monkeys? Sometimes a monkey is just a monkey.

This thread is old and tired already. The fact is the doctor is having five of his books banned because they might be racist, yet no one has verified it.

Just like with many books in the past, is banning them or not making anymore of them a good idea? Do we lose some free speech power, not now but down the road because of our willingness not to speak out now?

I find racism abhorrent, and draconian, however losing the freedom of speech is worse in the long run.

When Adel lost a ton of weight and celebrated it on social media the moronic left called her out for fat shaming.

You people have lost it.

Seems that upsets you. Just as changes are upsetting to you. Just like how people passed laws to keep white's from marrying blacks and arresting those who did.

People didn't pass those laws, Democrats passed them.

What's happening here is that our society has undergone massive change in the past 100 years, and we are now looking older material with new eyes and not liking it much. We can discourage the old ways by not encouraging stereotypical and degrading depictions of others, but do we literally chuck the old stuff because it portrays how people thought back then? I wonder if that goes too far. Not sure.
Sure, Nazis chuck the old stuff they don't like and nobody is allowed to disagree.

You people have lost it.

Seems your post has nothing to do with mine.
You a professional dodge ball player?

This thread is old and tired already. The fact is the doctor is having five of his books banned because they might be racist, yet no one has verified it.

Just like with many books in the past, is banning them or not making anymore of them a good idea? Do we lose some free speech power, not now but down the road because of our willingness not to speak out now?

I find racism abhorrent, and draconian, however losing the freedom of speech is worse in the long run.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-12-at-15.24.20.png

There ain't no oppression here, let along gummit oppression
So far the government oppression is on a widespread but small scale

But I think that if washington did not have a willing news media and social media working tirelessly on its side the Deep State, aka Big Brother would have to reveal itself much more

You people have lost it.

People didn't pass those laws, Democrats passed them.

In some cases they did. Relevance to what I said?

Forum List

Back