Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

Can stereotypes be racist?
Only if you are a sensitive snowflake. But they can be very funny.

So depicting black people as apes is funny to you?
When did I say that? Find that post. Depicting Italians as people who talk with their hands and get tans...see Jersey Shore is funny. Jewish stereotypes in terms of accents and such are funny and I am Jewish. Chill, snowflake.

Dr. Suess used clearly racist stereotypes like depicting blacks as apes. Not all his books are being prohibited in schools, just the ones using racist stereotypes.
Did you read the article. Some are banning all books. Maybe we should read more books vs banning them. Nazis used to burn books they found offensive. Many find gay people offensive so should you stop being gay? Tolerance goes both ways. My kids are past these books as they are older so I have no dog in this fight sans the one that it’s a slippery slope.

My god you're a drama queen. Nobody is burning books and they weren't banned. Did YOU read the article?
"These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong," Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement.​
"Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families," the statement continued.​
They, Dr Seuss Enterprises, are going to stop publishing them.
Did you read the whole article? You missed my point. Because a small minority decided they are offensive everyone else must agree? Many find the book “It” by Stephen King offensive should it be next on the list? It is a slippery slope and I dislike cancel culture. You’re offended? Don’t read it.

It is generally a minority being stereotyped.
Women often get stereotyped as homemakers in older books and movies and many find that offensive so should we ban Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch? Where does it end?

Those were generally pretty accurate portrayals of women during the time. Now Mrs Cleavers pearls were probably over the top but do you find that offensive like a black person would be when being portrayed as a monkey?

I was of the age of Brady Bunch and Mrs Brady was very much my friends mom.

Now you may have a point with Married With Children but I also noted I do not hold comedy the same way I do with something we are teaching kids with. I would not support showing kids Married With Children in class.
But if I am offended by that stereotype? Homemaker while the husband works? What if I want it cancelled? Why do you get to pick and choose what is or isn’t offensive? Brady Bunch was comedic too as was Leave it to Beaver.

Seems to me you would have to show some harm. Fairly portraying the way mothers were is showing harm? You see pretty accurately showing family life for many the same as showing blacks as monkeys?

Seems there are fewer things here that stir things up more than calling out racism.

I use to post at another site. I left because the mod was incapable of understanding an argument but it was nowhere near as populated with racism as this place.
The harm is that it portrays women as inferior to men. Do we ban All in the Family? Another comedy but the husband consistently makes racial stereotypes and calls his wife dingbat. And again when we are easily offended I can state that my daughters watching women as homemakers shows that they are inferior to men. Like I said, little kids don’t see racism we all need to relax.

I never considered Mrs Brady as inferior to Mr Brady nor do I think anyone tried to .

While little kids aren't born racist there is no justification for showing blacks as monkey's.
You are a male but say my wife does and doesn’t want the show on the air. Then what? Where does it end?

I already addressed that point.
No you didn’t. You said “show harm”...only harm one needs to show these days is post on Twitter that they are offended.

You are going to have to show that showing a pretty realistic view of everyday life for many is the same as showing blacks as monkey's. If you want to do that, go for it.

No.

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.

No.

Really?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

Just because I have an issue with it doesn’t mean I need to buy the rights, I can just defend theirs.

Go for it. What they do with their property is really none of your business.
It’s the principle. That’s what you don’t seem to understand.

Continuing to promote racist stereotypes is a principle to you?
It is a slippery slope. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Many anti Jewish stereotypes and I do not want any of them banned. Not one.

Great. Many Jews do.

Jews are condemning anti-semitism all the time. They make many good points.

When did I say that? Find that post. Depicting Italians as people who talk with their hands and get tans...see Jersey Shore is funny. Jewish stereotypes in terms of accents and such are funny and I am Jewish. Chill, snowflake.

Dr. Suess used clearly racist stereotypes like depicting blacks as apes. Not all his books are being prohibited in schools, just the ones using racist stereotypes.
Did you read the article. Some are banning all books. Maybe we should read more books vs banning them. Nazis used to burn books they found offensive. Many find gay people offensive so should you stop being gay? Tolerance goes both ways. My kids are past these books as they are older so I have no dog in this fight sans the one that it’s a slippery slope.

My god you're a drama queen. Nobody is burning books and they weren't banned. Did YOU read the article?
"These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong," Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement.​
"Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families," the statement continued.​
Did you read the whole article? You missed my point. Because a small minority decided they are offensive everyone else must agree? Many find the book “It” by Stephen King offensive should it be next on the list? It is a slippery slope and I dislike cancel culture. You’re offended? Don’t read it.

Women often get stereotyped as homemakers in older books and movies and many find that offensive so should we ban Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch? Where does it end?

Those were generally pretty accurate portrayals of women during the time. Now Mrs Cleavers pearls were probably over the top but do you find that offensive like a black person would be when being portrayed as a monkey?

Now you may have a point with Married With Children but I also noted I do not hold comedy the same way I do with something we are teaching kids with. I would not support showing kids Married With Children in class.
But if I am offended by that stereotype? Homemaker while the husband works? What if I want it cancelled? Why do you get to pick and choose what is or isn’t offensive? Brady Bunch was comedic too as was Leave it to Beaver.

Seems to me you would have to show some harm. Fairly portraying the way mothers were is showing harm? You see pretty accurately showing family life for many the same as showing blacks as monkeys?

Seems there are fewer things here that stir things up more than calling out racism.

I use to post at another site. I left because the mod was incapable of understanding an argument but it was nowhere near as populated with racism as this place.
The harm is that it portrays women as inferior to men. Do we ban All in the Family? Another comedy but the husband consistently makes racial stereotypes and calls his wife dingbat. And again when we are easily offended I can state that my daughters watching women as homemakers shows that they are inferior to men. Like I said, little kids don’t see racism we all need to relax.

I never considered Mrs Brady as inferior to Mr Brady nor do I think anyone tried to .

While little kids aren't born racist there is no justification for showing blacks as monkey's.
You are a male but say my wife does and doesn’t want the show on the air. Then what? Where does it end?

No you didn’t. You said “show harm”...only harm one needs to show these days is post on Twitter that they are offended.

You are going to have to show that showing a pretty realistic view of everyday life for many is the same as showing blacks as monkey's. If you want to do that, go for it.
Gone with the wind was a realistic view of every day life and now that movie isn’t shown in many places. How do you explain that?

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Just because I have an issue with it doesn’t mean I need to buy the rights, I can just defend theirs.

It is a slippery slope. Stereotypes are there for a reason. Many anti Jewish stereotypes and I do not want any of them banned. Not one.

Great. Many Jews do.

Stereotyping and anti Semitic behaviors aren’t one in the same. We are too easily offended.

Gone with the wind was a realistic view of every day life and now that movie isn’t shown in many places. How do you explain that?

It was for the South. As were white robes. Is that how we should be portraying people of the South?

White robes were a fact of the south. Not a stereotype but a fact. I do not support presenting everyone from the south in this manner now. Blacks were never monkey's and shouldn't be portrayed to kids this way any more than pushing the idea that all Jews are nothing more than greedy bastards.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

Stereotyping and anti Semitic behaviors aren’t one in the same. We are too easily offended.

Of course they are. They both are designed to put others down.

It was for the South. As were white robes. Is that how we should be portraying people of the South?

White robes were a fact of the south. Not a stereotype but a fact. I do not support presenting everyone from the south in this manner now. Blacks were never monkey's and shouldn't be portrayed to kids this way any more than pushing the idea that all Jews are nothing more than greedy bastards.
Blacks were not but Dr. Seuss is an imaginary world. It isn't real. There is no Grinch!

Godfather movies portray Italians in a negative light so should they be banned?

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

One in a comedic way and one is a divisive hateful way. There is a massive difference. Airplane was a funny movie but played on stereotypes. Should it be banned?

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

Hey Nostra, screw you. Those books are offensive. No trans characters. No BLM characters. No reparations talk. Completely inappropriate. Wake up!
View attachment 463326
Interesting that you use a depiction of a franchise the woke left is currently destroying based on White supremacy and the patriarchy.

Blacks were not but Dr. Seuss is an imaginary world. It isn't real. There is no Grinch!

Godfather movies accurately portray those people in the movies. Real life was very much like portrayed. We should condemn portraying all Italians as gangsters.

I certainly do not support showing elementary school kids the Godfather movies either.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

One in a comedic way and one is a divisive hateful way. There is a massive difference. Airplane was a funny movie but played on stereotypes. Should it be banned?

I've addressed this already.

Godfather movies accurately portray those people in the movies. Real life was very much like portrayed. We should condemn portraying all Italians as gangsters.

I certainly do not support showing elementary school kids the Godfather movies either.
But you do support teaching elementary school kids that gay and trans lifestyles are a norm? Therein lies the issue. We are picking and choosing what is and isn't offensive. I do not like that. What is offensive to you may not be to me and vice versa.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

As have I. You are obtuse and refuse to see my side of the debate. You just dig your heels in. Nothing gets resolved that way. I see your POV and vehemently disagree with it as is my right but I understand. You refuse to see my POV and just dismiss it.

But you do support teaching elementary school kids that gay and trans lifestyles are a norm?

You refuse to address my points here so there is no way to discuss it.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

As have I. You are obtuse and refuse to see my side of the debate. You just dig your heels in. Nothing gets resolved that way. I see your POV and vehemently disagree with it as is my right but I understand. You refuse to see my POV and just dismiss it.

Make a valid point as to why elementary age children should be shown blacks portrayed as monkey's.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

That's the classic leftist tactic. They're selfish immature bullies and tyrants.

For a couple of decades white males in commercials are portrayed as morons at a high percentage. In commercials today, white males may be a small minority. There are many white males who are not Prog white males who have been in the battle for inclusion of people. Inclusion has turned into condemnation of white males. Watching sports, TV shows and movies has become something that makes one suffer to do so.

No.

Really?

And I would

No.

Really?

And I would

Great. Many Jews do.

Make a valid point as to why elementary age children should be shown blacks portrayed as monkey's.
Because its a fake world. It isn't real. Show proof that Dr. Seuss has ever made a kid a racist.

Forum List

Back