Withdrawal from Afghanistan

111Patric111

Rookie
Sep 5, 2011
I'm sure that everybody feels rather tired of the Afghan war. Thousands of families are waiting their sons to come home. All in all they must implement their duty, preserve peace, democracy and American way of life meanwhile there's a threat to the peace and security. What should we do to be this war over? First of all it's necessary to continue providing policy of territorial disintegration to stabilize the situation in Afghanistan. Only territorial disintegration could put an end to the permanent contradictions between different ethnic groups living in Afghanistan. As for me, the elders of the tribes could play an important role in this activity. Namely they possess a great power and authority among the population and if they support our policy, help to bring peace to Afghanistan, our soldiers will finally come home.

The works that must be done there will not be done alone by our devoted soldiers and/or their families. We are fools to think it begins and stops with them.

The amount I do not give a crap about Afghanistan is vast.

After we drove the Taliban out of power we ought to have left the place.

Occupying that place is and will likely continue to be a terrible mistake

Yea, that would have been an excellent idea. Leave the place in a power vacuum. Good plan.... if you're a total fucking moron with absolutely no intellect whatsoever.

Yea, that would have been an excellent idea. Leave the place in a power vacuum. Good plan.... if you're a total fucking moron with absolutely no intellect whatsoever.

That's a good description of Editec right there.

The Afghan situation is unwinnable as a conventional war. The British got their asses kicked in the 19th century , the Russians in the 20th century and we will in this century.
We ought to keep a base nearby to keep an eye on things and destroy terrorist activity and then let everything else go.

If we had did what you said, they simply would have came back and re-established control of the country.

That's a good description of Editec right there.

The Afghan situation is unwinnable as a conventional war. The British got their asses kicked in the 19th century , the Russians in the 20th century and we will in this century.
We ought to keep a base nearby to keep an eye on things and destroy terrorist activity and then let everything else go.

There is an excellent book about Afghanistan.... Butcher and Bolt. I would recommend that those who are interested in the place read it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Butcher-Bolt-David-Loyn/dp/0091921406]Butcher and Bolt: Amazon.co.uk: David Loyn: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back