With Trump as President, the World Spiraling Into Chaos ... Trump torched America’s foreign policy

His incredibly chauvinistic, simplistic, myopic view of America is blinding him to the fact that America is not the force it once was. Other countries have simply progressed, and they can identify other options now, so all he is doing is isolating us. I'm sure our allies are hoping for a return of a more mature America next November, but I do wonder what happens if he wins again. The number of other options will only increase, and they may near the end of their rope with this guy.
Your whole post speaks of your fear of your enemies in the world, so just surrender to them eh ???
:confused-84:

I very much wish I could see a mental schematic of how you got there from my post.

I believe that you believe it, but it just more of the fantasy I get from you folks when I criticize Trump.

There was a time that many Democrats did not care for the way our foreign policy was going. How much we paid to the world so we could protect it. The WW2 era is ending and we do not want to admit it. We can continue much of the same policies but we need to get a few more coins from our overseas friends and competitors.
That's perfectly fair. But there is a significant difference between a mature, thoughtful change to our foreign policy and childish antagonism. Temperament matters. Behaviors matter. Particularly on the world stage. This man simply lacks the most fundamental temperamental capacity to deal with others (directly or indirectly) on an intelligent, dignified, respectful way.

There's nothing wrong with being intelligent or dignified or respectful. It's possible to be intelligent, dignified and respectful while still advancing an agenda at the same time.. Virtually every other world leader can manage it, and it's not asking too much to expect ours to, as well.
It's time to face it Mac … once a thinking leftist you've degenerated into just another mindless, dime-a-dozen Trump hater. We elected Trump - or rather rejected Clinton - in large part for what she isn't and what he is … a bull in the China (ya like that?) shop. Only a fool would be surprised by his operating style - he campaigned on it - and only a bitter leftard would be disappointed in the results.

i-dont-understand-you-donald-trump-is-destroying-the-whole-36647452.png
I'm not surprised at all. I was hoping that he would mature when he was actually in office, but that was essentially just wishful thinking.

The results? What would you say the results of his behaviors have been on the world stage? Specifically? Tangibly?

His incredibly chauvinistic, simplistic, myopic view of America is blinding him to the fact that America is not the force it once was. Other countries have simply progressed, and they can identify other options now, so all he is doing is isolating us. I'm sure our allies are hoping for a return of a more mature America next November, but I do wonder what happens if he wins again. The number of other options will only increase, and they may near the end of their rope with this guy.
More mature? Yeah … you've swallowed the Blue Pill and now wallow in the blissful, non-thinking numbness. What you believe to be President Trump's "incredibly chauvinistic, simplistic, myopic view of America" is seen by others as "America-First" which seems to really annoy our Blue Pill types.
Your whole post speaks of your fear of your enemies in the world, so just surrender to them eh ??? Yes, we have enemies in this world still, and we will always have enemies until the Lord ends this thing. Surrendering our morals and values (what little we have left), to our undermining enemies over trade issues is an evil thing, but here we are. Repairing the damage over many decades looking back now, uh is an amazing thing.

What are the American's going to do about these school's, because they are blatantly indoctrinating and intimidating the children once they leave the safety of their parents who ignorantly send them there ????

My granddaughter who is not even10 years old, came home saying that this Tom Steyer is a good guy (when his ad came on TV), and that he should be voted for. Now I know she doesn't believe that or even think that, but once she went to school this year they got to her. Not sure if it's because of intimidation by other students or indoctrination by liberal teachers. All I know is that we have a huge problem in this country when it comes to this sort of thing in these school's now, and action needs to be taken from a legislative standpoint in order to restore order and freedom of thought in these school's again. Sending children into these environments is basically giving your children over to the evil one these days, and it's amazing how weak people have gotten over the years.

The propaganda/indoctrination machine is strong in this country now, and it really speaks to what was happening over the years looking back now.
It's the teachers, many of whom were themselves weaned on leftardism and/or have succumbed to the Siren's Call of Kumbaya and "free" stuff.

"Democracy can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury." - AF Tytler
That's why we're a home schooling family.
It makes good sense to wring the political proselytizing out of our children's education but equally important not to lose the socializing component. Many or even most kids start out liberal because it feels good but grow out of it once they learn that choices have consequences.

If one is not liberal at 25, one has no heart but if still liberal at 35 one has no brain.

Last edited:
There was a time that many Democrats did not care for the way our foreign policy was going. How much we paid to the world so we could protect it. The WW2 era is ending and we do not want to admit it. We can continue much of the same policies but we need to get a few more coins from our overseas friends and competitors.
That's perfectly fair. But there is a significant difference between a mature, thoughtful change to our foreign policy and childish antagonism. Temperament matters. Behaviors matter. Particularly on the world stage. This man simply lacks the most fundamental temperamental capacity to deal with others (directly or indirectly) on an intelligent, dignified, respectful way.

There's nothing wrong with being intelligent or dignified or respectful. It's possible to be intelligent, dignified and respectful while still advancing an agenda at the same time.. Virtually every other world leader can manage it, and it's not asking too much to expect ours to, as well.
It's time to face it Mac … once a thinking leftist you've degenerated into just another mindless, dime-a-dozen Trump hater. We elected Trump - or rather rejected Clinton - in large part for what she isn't and what he is … a bull in the China (ya like that?) shop. Only a fool would be surprised by his operating style - he campaigned on it - and only a bitter leftard would be disappointed in the results.

I'm not surprised at all. I was hoping that he would mature when he was actually in office, but that was essentially just wishful thinking.

The results? What would you say the results of his behaviors have been on the world stage? Specifically? Tangibly?
Certainly not the "existential catastrophe" being fed you by equally hysterical media types. China is just the tip of the iceberg as many countries have taken advantage of American prosperity and largesse to feather their own nests at our expense. Trump - as POTUS (not global prez) - has rightly told them to help carry the load or at least get off our back. Globalists are predictably appalled.

Last edited:

Certainly not the "existential catastrophe" being fed you by equally hysterical media types. China is just the tip of the iceberg as many countries have taken advantage of American prosperity and largesse to feather their own nests at our expense. Trump - as POTUS (not global prez) has rightly told them to help carry the load or at least get off our back. Globalists are predictably appalled.
So, nothing specific.

Maybe you think that expecting a world leader to be able to conduct himself with dignity, intelligence and respect is asking too much.

Fine with me. But no, we're not asking for too much. Just too much from him. Most of them can.

I'm betting you got your education from the back of public toilet doors ... am I right?

Ivy League grad.....the school with the best fight song in the nation:

When you left the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College, did you get a diploma or just that big red nose?

If you don';t like Trump's foreign policy, please remember what Obama's was like:
1. In Syria, no action, no enforcing his red line, ISIS ran rampant and expanded
2. NK developed nuclear weapons and ICMBs
3. Russia took Crimea and eastern Ukraine
4. China ran rampant, grew its economy to 2nd, and modernized its military with US money due to bad trade deals
5. Gave Iran billions to develop their nuclear and ICBMs
6. Libya went rogue
7. NATO took advantage of the US protection and skimped on defense spending
8. The US trade deficit grew due to stupid trade deals
9. US manufacturing went overseas, "those jobs are not coming back"
10. China and others "dumped" steel and aluminum killing US mills.

Your desperation is noted. A new POTUS will ease your mind.

Putting you in your place is 'desperation'????

English is my second language.
It appears you don't have a first language.

Gibberish is your first language at which you are very proficient.

I perceive you are actually an alumnus of McDonald's University.

Rather than ask you again for your education, books that you can point to that informed your views.....you've assured all that neither exist....

.....I'd be happy to provide a curriculum to fill in the vast amount you've missed.

Just ask.

You are offering to expose the propaganda that perverted you politically? No thanks.

Ivy League grad.....the school with the best fight song in the nation:

When you left the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College, did you get a diploma or just that big red nose?

If you don';t like Trump's foreign policy, please remember what Obama's was like:
1. In Syria, no action, no enforcing his red line, ISIS ran rampant and expanded
2. NK developed nuclear weapons and ICMBs
3. Russia took Crimea and eastern Ukraine
4. China ran rampant, grew its economy to 2nd, and modernized its military with US money due to bad trade deals
5. Gave Iran billions to develop their nuclear and ICBMs
6. Libya went rogue
7. NATO took advantage of the US protection and skimped on defense spending
8. The US trade deficit grew due to stupid trade deals
9. US manufacturing went overseas, "those jobs are not coming back"
10. China and others "dumped" steel and aluminum killing US mills.

Rather than ask you again for your education, books that you can point to that informed your views.....you've assured all that neither exist....

.....I'd be happy to provide a curriculum to fill in the vast amount you've missed.

Just ask.

You are offering to expose the propaganda that perverted you politically? No thanks.

Exactly the response a Liberal provides to education.

Time for you to wander off.

This quote from the article is a concise summary of the parlous state of American diplomacy and influence: "The most powerful country in the world is being run by a sundowning demagogue whose oceanic ignorance is matched only by his gargantuan ego."

"Sundowning is a symptom of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. It's also known as “late-day confusion.” If someone you care for has dementia, their confusion and agitation may get worse in the late afternoon and evening."

The state department is a skeleton force since Trump became POTUS as many left after Trump was appointed and they continue to depart in numbers.

Donald Trump's association with murderer Mohammed Bin Salman is a stain on the USA.

The Israel-Palestinian deal of the century has collapsed leaving Jared Kushner exposed as an Israeli stooge.

Mike Pompeo is a fool and a sycophantic Trump stooge with no ideas of his own.

Opinion | With Trump as President, the World Is Spiraling Into Chaos

With Trump as President, the World Is Spiraling Into Chaos
Trump torched America’s foreign policy infrastructure. The results are becoming clear.

By Michelle Goldberg
Aug. 16, 2019

Earlier this week, Pakistan’s ambassador to the United States, Asad Majeed Khan, visited The New York Times editorial board, and I asked him about the threat of armed conflict between his country and India over Kashmir. India and Pakistan have already fought two wars over the Himalayan territory, which both countries claim, and which is mostly divided between them. India recently revoked the constitutionally guaranteed autonomy of the part of Kashmir it controls and put nearly seven million people there under virtual house arrest. Pakistan’s prime minister compared India’s leaders to Nazis and warned that they’ll target Pakistan next. It seems like there’s potential for humanitarian and geopolitical horror.
Khan’s answer was not comforting. “We are two big countries with very large militaries with nuclear capability and a history of conflict,” he said. “So I would not like to burden your imagination on that one, but obviously if things get worse, then things get worse.”
All over the world, things are getting worse. China appears to be weighing a Tiananmen Square-like crackdown in Hong Kong. After I spoke to Khan, hostilities between India and Pakistan ratcheted up further; on Thursday, fighting across the border in Kashmir left three Pakistani soldiers dead. (Pakistan also claimed that five Indian soldiers were killed, but India denied it.) Turkey is threatening to invade Northeast Syria to go after America’s Kurdish allies there, and it’s not clear if an American agreement meant to prevent such an incursion will hold.
North Korea’s nuclear program and ballistic missile testing continue apace. The prospect of a two-state solution in Israel and Palestine is more remote than it’s been in decades. Tensions between America and Iran keep escalating. Relations between Japan and South Korea have broken down. A Pentagon report warns that ISIS is “re-surging” in Syria. The U.K. could see food shortages if the country’s Trumpish prime minister, Boris Johnson, follows through on his promise to crash out of the European Union without an agreement in place for the aftermath. Oh, and the globe may be lurching towards recession.

In a world spiraling towards chaos, we can begin to see the fruits of Donald Trump’s erratic, amoral and incompetent foreign policy, his systematic undermining of alliances and hollowing out of America’s diplomatic and national security architecture. Over the last two and a half years, Trump has been playing Jenga with the world order, pulling out once piece after another. For a while, things more or less held up. But now the whole structure is teetering.

To be sure, most of these crises have causes other than Trump. Even competent American administrations can’t dictate policy to other countries, particularly powerful ones like India and China. But in one flashpoint after another, the Trump administration has either failed to act appropriately, or acted in ways that have made things worse. “Almost everything they do is the wrong move,” said Susan Thornton, who until last year was the acting assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs, America’s top diplomat for Asia.
Consider Trump’s role in the Kashmir crisis. In July, during a White House visit by Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, Trump offered to mediate India and Pakistan’s long-running conflict over Kashmir, even suggesting that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had asked him to do so. Modi’s government quickly denied this, and Trump’s words reportedly alarmed India, which has long resisted outside involvement in Kashmir. Two weeks later, India sent troops to lock Kashmir down, then stripped it of its autonomy.
Americans have grown used to ignoring Trump’s casual lies and verbal incontinence, but people in other countries have not. Thornton thinks the president’s comments were a “precipitating factor” in Modi’s decision to annex Kashmir. By blundering into the conflict, she suggested, Trump put the Indian prime minister on the defensive before his Hindu nationalist constituency. “He might not have had to do that,” she said of Modi’s Kashmir takeover, “but he would have had to do something. And this was the thing he was looking to do anyway.”

At the same time, Modi can be confident that Trump, unlike previous American presidents, won’t even pretend to care about democratic backsliding or human rights abuses, particularly against Muslims. “There’s a cost-benefit analysis that any political leader makes,” said Ben Rhodes, a former top Obama national security aide. “If the leader of India felt like he was going to face public criticism, potential scrutiny at the United Nations,” or damage to the bilateral relationship with the United States, “that might affect his cost-benefit analysis.” Trump’s instinctive sympathy for authoritarian leaders empowers them diplomatically.
Obviously, India and Pakistan still have every interest in avoiding a nuclear holocaust. China may show restraint on Hong Kong. Wary of starting a war before the 2020 election, Trump might make a deal with Iran, though probably a worse one than the Obama agreement that he jettisoned. The global economy could slow down but not seize up. We could get through the next 17 months with a world that still looks basically recognizable.
Even then, America will emerge with a desiccated diplomatic corps, strained alliances, and a tattered reputation. It will never again play the same leadership role internationally that it did before Trump.
And that’s the best-case scenario. The most powerful country in the world is being run by a sundowning demagogue whose oceanic ignorance is matched only by his gargantuan ego. The United States has been lucky that things have hung together as much as they have, save the odd government shutdown or white nationalist terrorist attack. But now, in foreign affairs as in the economy, the consequences of not having a functioning American administration are coming into focus. “No U.S. leadership is leaving a vacuum,” said Thornton. We’ll see what gets sucked into it.
678A5B2D-9C06-4B7A-842D-DDF3EBC665CA.jpeg

Burn it, burn it all.
Bring on the boogaloo

Just ask.

I urge you to seek a refund from the bogus institutions that purported to educate you. You were evidently duped and turned into a stooge of right-wing extremists and bigots which imbued you with a thirst for blatant propaganda.

Just a reminder to all the histerical DemonRats in this thread..... a little reminder to all of them leftists sheep :04:

so...

spiraling into chaos? my eye....

GOnjKO2.jpg

Just ask.

I urge you to seek a refund from the bogus institutions that purported to educate you. You were evidently duped and turned into a stooge of right-wing extremists and bigots which imbued you with a thirst for blatant propaganda.

Simply amazing.

I link, source and document everything I post, yet the indoctrinated dunces with no backbone and no education, refuse to give up the lies they've been ordered to believe.

Just between the two of us….are you just a leeeeettttle disappointed at how you turned out?

This quote from the article is a concise summary of the parlous state of American diplomacy and influence: "The most powerful country in the world is being run by a sundowning demagogue whose oceanic ignorance is matched only by his gargantuan ego."
His incredibly chauvinistic, simplistic, myopic view of America is blinding him to the fact that America is not the force it once was. Other countries have simply progressed, and they can identify other options now, so all he is doing is isolating us.

I'm sure our allies are hoping for a return of a more mature America next November, but I do wonder what happens if he wins again. The number of other options will only increase, and they may near the end of their rope with this guy.

"Other countries have simply progressed, and they can identify other options now,..."

In your "simplistic, myopic," inbred view, does that include guaranteeing the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism having nuclear weapons, you dunce?

Saudi Arabia is the "world's worst state sponsor of terrorism" and if they get nuclear weapons it will be because Trump enabled it.

Sunni Muslims have been 100% of all suicide bombers and most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.

Saudi Arabia exported extremism to Pakistan with the Jihadi terrorists they sent to support the CIA and the Taliban against Russia in Afghanistan in the 1970s and 1980s.

mrz083019dAPR20190830024523.jpg

The State Department says you are lying.

"US: Iran still the 'leading state sponsor of terror'
Annual State Department report admonishes Tehran for assisting 'terrorists' as attacks down for second year in a row."
US: Iran still the 'leading state sponsor of terror'

Let me ask you again...

Would you provide the 3 or 4 tomes that have informed your geopolitical views?

Or is this correct?
"Liberals don't read books – they don't read anything … That's why they're liberals. They watch TV, absorb the propaganda, and vote on the basis of urges"
Coulter

I'm bettin' that you're a government school grad......am I right?

Forum List

Back