With the sad recent passing of Brian Dennehy, a fine actor.......

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
Who are some of your favorite actors all-time? My top 5 are - 1) Dustin Hoffman, I've liked his performances in virtually everything I've seen him in. I even liked him in Ishtar. 2) Jack Nicholson - like Hoffman, I've liked Jack in virtually everything I've seen HIM in. 3) Charlton Heston - I liked him in the epic films he did early in his career, but REALLY liked his performances in several sci-fi films he did over about a 6 year period, 1968-73. 4) Humphrey Bogart - he WAS my favorite actor for awhile, probably in the early to mid 1980's. He was my dad's favorite actor all-time, and we watched several of Bogie's movies together. 5) Christopher Walken - just a fine, versatile actor. He should've been nominated for Best Actor Oscar for The Dead Zone, which I think MAY be the best performance by him that I've seen. So, here are my top five, who are some of your favorites?

In no particular order, I liked as women - Audrey Hepburn, Keira Knightley, Jayne Mansfield, Marisa Tomei, Sandra Bullock, Doris Day, Sally Struthers, Debbie Reynolds, Meg Ryan, Dale Evans, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Sharon Stone, Gina Lollobrigida, Farrah Fawcett, Gweneth Paltrow, Sally Field, Jennifer Aniston, Hattie McDaniel, Geena Davis, Goldie Hawn, Vivian Leigh, Olivia De Haviland, Julie Andrews, Sophia Loren, Fran Drescher, Jayne Mansfield, Shirley MacLaine, Annette Bening, Holly Hunter, Demi Moore, Lee Remick, Julie Andrews, Elizabeth Taylor, Lucille Ball, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Lauren Bacall, Cindy Williams, Brooke Shields, Shirley Jones, Rachel Weisz, Cameron Diaz, Bea Arthur, Jean Stapleton, Vivian Vance, Julie Christie

As men, Donald Sutherland, Brendan Fraser, Spencer Tracy, John Voight, Harrison Ford, Andy Devine, Patrick Dempsey, Robert Mitchum, Joe Pesci, Nicholas Cage, James Dean, Cary Grant, Clint Eastwood, Roy Rogers, Forest Whitaker, Jimmy Durante, Henry Winkler, Raymond Burr, David Spade, Ron Howard, Warren Beatty, Yul Brynner, Keifer Sutherland, John Wayne, James Earl Jones, Dean Martin, Ashton Kutcher, Slim Pickens, Richard Dreyfuss, Fred McMurray, Paul Newman, Tom Hanks, Jack Webb, Robin Williams, Jackie Gleason, Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, Tony Curtis, Robert Redford, Michael Douglas, Gary Cooper, Howard Keel, Bill Crosby, Ryan O'Neal, George Segal, Bob Hope, Sammy Davis, Jr., Matthew McConaghy, James Arness, Brad Pitt

In no particular order, I liked as women - Audrey Hepburn, Keira Knightley, Jayne Mansfield, Marisa Tomei, Sandra Bullock, Doris Day, Sally Struthers, Debbie Reynolds, Meg Ryan, Dale Evans, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Sharon Stone, Gina Lollobrigida, Farrah Fawcett, Gweneth Paltrow, Sally Field, Jennifer Aniston, Hattie McDaniel, Geena Davis, Goldie Hawn, Vivian Leigh, Olivia De Haviland, Julie Andrews, Sophia Loren, Fran Drescher, Jayne Mansfield, Shirley MacLaine, Annette Bening, Holly Hunter, Demi Moore, Lee Remick, Julie Andrews, Elizabeth Taylor, Lucille Ball, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Lauren Bacall, Cindy Williams, Brooke Shields, Shirley Jones, Rachel Weisz, Cameron Diaz, Bea Arthur, Jean Stapleton, Vivian Vance, Julie Christie

As men, Donald Sutherland, Brendan Fraser, Spencer Tracy, John Voight, Harrison Ford, Andy Devine, Patrick Dempsey, Robert Mitchum, Joe Pesci, Nicholas Cage, James Dean, Cary Grant, Clint Eastwood, Roy Rogers, Forest Whitaker, Jimmy Durante, Henry Winkler, Raymond Burr, David Spade, Ron Howard, Warren Beatty, Yul Brynner, Keifer Sutherland, John Wayne, James Earl Jones, Dean Martin, Ashton Kutcher, Slim Pickens, Richard Dreyfuss, Fred McMurray, Paul Newman, Tom Hanks, Jack Webb, Robin Williams, Jackie Gleason, Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, Tony Curtis, Robert Redford, Michael Douglas, Gary Cooper, Howard Keel, Bill Crosby, Ryan O'Neal, George Segal, Bob Hope, Sammy Davis, Jr., Matthew McConaghy, James Arness, Brad Pitt
Wow, thanks for your list!

Wow, thanks for your list!
As ever, as esoteric environmentalists with a slight case of immaturity, celebrities can annoy others just to get away from too much attention directed at them. If we look at them from the bright side, actors can be teachers, even if their role teaches us that bad behaviors are disgusting. We wrongfully associate good things with a pretty face or overwhelming rightness, due to our own inner immaturity. But actors and actresses good at their skill can not only teach, they get a result.

I can't pick a Top 5, since so many of them are character actors of one type or another and few are generalists. It just depends on what role they're playing. Hoffman can do many types, so could Walken, so could Harry Dean Stanton, but the latter never got the fame the other two got, despite being as good or better; same with actors like Kathy Bates and Dub Taylor. Actors like Michael Caine also made a lot of garbage movies; can they be blamed for bad writing and directing? My lists would be even longer than Beautress's once I got started.

Have you seen Holly Hunter in the new sitcom Mr Mayor with Ted Danson? WTF happened to Holly Hunter??? I used to be in love with her.

1648646274465.png

They make her look so ugly
1648646325038.png

I can't even find a pic that shows how gross she is in this show. It has to be on purpose because she's playing a quirky character but I don't like it. I thought she was SMOKIN hot

It's the bad haircut

1648646430006.png

And they dress her like a boy.

Have you seen Holly Hunter in the new sitcom Mr Mayor with Ted Danson? WTF happened to Holly Hunter??? I used to be in love with her.

View attachment 623364

They make her look so ugly
View attachment 623365

I can't even find a pic that shows how gross she is in this show. It has to be on purpose because she's playing a quirky character but I don't like it. I thought she was SMOKIN hot

It's the bad haircut

View attachment 623366
And they dress her like a boy.
Dear, I'm sorry to say this, but the Holly Hunter we all loved in the Piano is now 64 and suffered a stroke sometime in the past few years, I ran into it as a lead in to a biography, and then the issue was not discussed in any way. My sister had a stroke and my mother passed away after hers. My sister survived for 15 years after her stroke, but she was healed, then got cancer. I came to live in the same town as my sis when she had cancer, and bless her, she lived another 7 years, but then started smoking again when her marriage went south, and died suddenly the day after she moved into her dream house on a 3-square mile ranch her father-in-law owned in Texas. Strokes are sad problems, and they wear a person down. The only cure is to stop the panic, stop the drinking/drugs/smoking, eat more vegetables and pay attention to a healthy lifestyle. Any veering off the path can lead to another stroke. Since the details of celebrities are frequently hush-hush, you can help by saying a little prayer for that person. So I am putting that wonderful, talented lady on my prayer list, with the hope she is taking good care of herself, surrounding herself with people who love and care for her without causing her any grief whatsoever. We can help people we love and admire simply by putting them on a prayer list. God hears our prayers, and he heals those who love him. My sister was sixty-three when she passed away. She still looked like she was in her 30s. her heart was as big as could be to her loved ones and family. Famous people have the same setup as we do, they just have to take special care to stay away from mean or harsh people and eat right. My mom passed away when she was 47. She was my best friend, and I still miss her 49 years later. She was prettier than any Miss America you've ever seen, but she was 4'11'' tall and was totally disinterested in beauty contests. She always taught "pretty is as pretty does." Bless her dear heart.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back