With stem cell research, nanotechnology and all of our 21st century medical advances....

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
We still can't defeat this invisible enemy.

This is the most recent one .....

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) )

c0481846-wuhan_novel_coronavirus_illustration-spl.jpg

It's already worse than the African ebola outbreak a few years ago,
nearing 12,000 deaths as we speak.
ebola-liberia.jpg

Check back this time tomorrow here;
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
180511_vod_orig_ebola_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Or are they really trying to defeat it ? Average citizens are certainly helpless
if that's the case.

Last edited:
Angelo, give the governors, the president and scientists some wiggle room, would you? This came a bit suddenly, they didn't have a year to prepare. Let's all wait patiently and pray.

Ebola has a 90% mortality rate. COVID only has a mortality rate of 4%, and that only among the elderly and already compromised immune patients.

Ebola is spread through only through direct contact of blood and body fluids. Corona virus is more flu-like, spreading though droplets of fluid expelled by sneezing and coughing.

This is the most recent one .....

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) )

c0481846-wuhan_novel_coronavirus_illustration-spl.jpg

It's already worse than the African ebola outbreak a few years ago,
nearing 12,000 deaths as we speak.
ebola-liberia.jpg

Check back this time tomorrow here;
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
180511_vod_orig_ebola_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Or are they really trying to defeat it ? Average citizens are certainly helpless
if that's the case.

All indications are that the virus is naturally occurring. It would appear that it took literally took many decades for the virus to morph from the biological soup of fish, live animals, waste, garbage and other matter that you might expect in a little slice of a third world hell hole.

All indications are that the virus is naturally occurring. It would appear that it took literally took many decades for the virus to morph from the biological soup of fish, live animals, waste, garbage and other matter that you might expect in a little slice of a third world hell hole.
Meaning it could have formed in LA, NYC, Chicago or any number of places here.

Meaning it could have formed in LA, NYC, Chicago or any number of places here.
Right. There is no Monopoly by any region on the rate or existence of viral mutations. The leading hypothesis is that covid-19 jumped from bats to pangolins, then to humans. Consumption of pangolin meat is not required for this to happen. And the pangolin is the most trafficked animal in the world, according to what I have read.

Right. There is no Monopoly by any region on the rate or existence of viral mutations. The leading hypothesis is that covid-19 jumped from bats to pangolins, then to humans. Consumption of pangolin meat is not required for this to happen. And the pangolin is the most trafficked animal in the world, according to what I have read.
China definitely covers the entire spectrum of human conditions, from the
most modern cities to primitive villages that skin dogs alive in the street.
Pretty bizarre.

Of course we look the other way like when the Saudis chop their wive's heads off in public.

Last edited:

I think the swine flu has mutated into a killer of humans. We are the prey now.

For now, we'll have to go back to what worked in the past -- isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings. This was what happened in the better places in 1918!

Ebola has a 90% mortality rate. COVID only has a mortality rate of 4%, and that only among the elderly and already compromised immune patients.

Ebola is spread through only through direct contact of blood and body fluids. Corona virus is more flu-like, spreading though droplets of fluid expelled by sneezing and coughing.

Is it 4% or 1%? It was found to be 10x worse than the normal flu. A rule of thumb is for ever person dead from it, then 100 have it.

Let's say you're young and not that worried. Okay, so you get it and not feel the symptoms and do what you normally do. This causes this flu to spread more than the regular flu and it spreads easily. Some days later, you start feeling its effects. What is most bothersome is it affects your breathing. Your lung and nasal secretions are different. The stuff on your lungs is more stickier and not the clear stuff that begins to drip out of your nose. It makes it difficult to expectorate the phlegm out. Maybe it felt like an elephant was sitting on your lungs or that you are breathing with lungs filled with glass. You try to get a test and may or may not be successful. If you are successful and they verify you have it, then you are quarantined until it runs its course. That could be over 40 days.

That's a long time to be out and no human face-to-face contact. Anyway, my point is what happens next? Does this mean you have an underlying condition now? I believe you can get this more than once.

For now, we'll have to go back to what worked in the past -- isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings. This was what happened in the better places in 1918!

The incompetence of the gods’ design has allowed nature to evolve in ways the gods never anticipated.

The gods have a responsibility to fix their mess.

The incompetence of the gods’ design has allowed nature to evolve in ways the gods never anticipated.

The gods have a responsibility to fix their mess.

Can you stop following me here and at news forum? You are too annoying and wrong. Go back to the religion forum.

Forum List

Back