With so many false positives from the Wuhan Virus tests (many which came from China, not surprisingly), can we trust the numbers?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I thought this some time ago. If we get a report that "400 new people tested positive for covid-19" how is anyone able to trust the results when we know so many false positives have occurred?

The test kits, at least in Canada, have been sub-par, many coming from China. Just like the PPE, but we sent those back. I wonder what percentage of people test positive but don't have it. Even worse, how many test negative and spread it?

Imagine maintaining a lockdown based on numbers that aren't even accurate?

If we get a report that "400 new people tested positive for covid-19" how is anyone able to trust the results when we know so many false positives have occurred?

The more people test positive...the better the Democrats can turn around and blame Trump. I don't know this to be a fact (yet); but I wouldn't doubt for one second, they are "fixing the numbers". I don't mean by "adding numbers on top of the already case numbers. But I think the numbers are much smaller. But they want to raise it up - just for the same reason, I just mentioned above. JMO

I thought this some time ago. If we get a report that "400 new people tested positive for covid-19" how is anyone able to trust the results when we know so many false positives have occurred?

The test kits, at least in Canada, have been sub-par, many coming from China. Just like the PPE, but we sent those back. I wonder what percentage of people test positive but don't have it. Even worse, how many test negative and spread it?

How about a little proof about false positives?

You haven't had instances of this in the U.S? We had 300,000 contaminated tests sent and the doctor stated they were also defective.

There is a woman who was interviewed by CTV (it's on youtube I believe), and 50 days later she has done 9 tests, they keep showing she has the virus, though at least one test in between said she was negative, but then received a positive result after. She is now worried somehow she has the virus for life even though she doesn't have symptoms.

Then, there is this, from your CDC, there are other links around the world like this:

Some coronavirus testing kits are defective, CDC says

China Slams India's Decision to Stop Using 'Faulty' Chinese Rapid Test Kits

Study Suggests Potential High Rate of False-Positives For Some COVID-19 Testing

Why some COVID-19 tests return false positives
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/covid-19-false-positives-1.5555322

But just a few days later, the territory's chief public health officer, Dr. Michael Patterson, had to eat his words. The result "was re-tested, and deemed a false positive," according to a news release — and the territory returned to zero confirmed cases.

That's good news for Nunavut, but bad news for those pushing for widespread COVID-19 testing, who now face more skepticism from the public over a high-profile error.

Health officials already warn of the possible consequences of "false negatives" — eight to 10 per cent of tests which fail to detect COVID-19, mostly due to improper swabbing at the point of care.

You haven't had instances of this in the U.S? We had 300,000 contaminated tests sent and the doctor stated they were also defective.

There is a woman who was interviewed by CTV (it's on youtube I believe), and 50 days later she has done 9 tests, they keep showing she has the virus, though at least one test in between said she was negative, but then received a positive result after. She is now worried somehow she has the virus for life even though she doesn't have symptoms.

Then, there is this, from your CDC, there are other links around the world like this:

But just a few days later, the territory's chief public health officer, Dr. Michael Patterson, had to eat his words. The result "was re-tested, and deemed a false positive," according to a news release — and the territory returned to zero confirmed cases.

That's good news for Nunavut, but bad news for those pushing for widespread COVID-19 testing, who now face more skepticism from the public over a high-profile error.

Health officials already warn of the possible consequences of "false negatives" — eight to 10 per cent of tests which fail to detect COVID-19, mostly due to improper swabbing at the point of care.
Lol, a link from February on the US made tests that sometimes produced no results.

A VOA link that says "poor performance" and doesn't specify false positives or negatives.

And a buncha religious conspiracy theory claptrap with no basis in reality.

NEXT!

Lol, a link from February on the US made tests that sometimes produced no results.

A VOA link that says "poor performance" and doesn't specify false positives or negatives.

NEXT!

I know CBC is state run media, and not very cutting edge most of the time, but a clap trap?

NEXT!

I know CBC is state run media, and not very cutting edge most of the time, but a clap trap?
Sorry, missed that one.

Is says it's the laboratory's fault, not the test. It also notes that it isn't very common.

Quote from.the relevant text:
"

False positives, like the case in Pond Inlet, are much, much rarer "

So you still got nuthin'.

The last thing we need right now is more testing accenting the point that our government is inept at every level.

Forum List

Back