With police standing down, we will have LESS violence

Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people
Who take stuff wont feel the need to be armed or violent

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

But I think a police standdown will actually decrease violence
People that actually LIVE in bad neighborhoods disagree with you, Peach! They overwhelmingly are against the Police "standing down" because they know that the Police are the only thing that makes it even remotely safe to walk their streets!

Oh, and just so you know...if you let everyone steal whatever they want...you won't find a store IN those bad neighborhoods!

I disagree.
Why do you think police prevent crime?
What stops crime is when bar owners, taxi drivers, 7/11 clerks, etc., keep a gun stashed handy.
That has always been the way it is done.
Police just help you file the insurance claim long after the criminal is gone.

Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

You've never to in Chicago have you.

The evidence says no. In places where the police really don't care to show up crime soars as the predators prey upon one another. If the police stand down, are ineffective or abolished vigilante groups will form with justice by lynch mob. The wealthy will afford their guards or even their own armies. We will return to feudalism.
Lol. I have never had to call a cop to come save me in my life. I have lived in the big city and the small town and have never ran into a situation I could not take care of myself. I can't imagine running around scared all the time it must suck.
It all depends on the situation. Many potential perps in a wolf pack can ruin a day or be the final day. A young jitterbug decking an older person and stealing her purse would not be fun.

Never once heard of police actually stopping a crime in progress.
Can't see how the police really do any good at all.
Things were much better a 100 years ago when there essentially were no police.
They just cost a lot and extort revenue from us with useless traffic citations.
Like having an air freshener on your rear view mirror.
You think there were no police 100 years ago? Really?
Yeah, that was one of the more ignorant posts I've seen on here in awhile! The Police have been around for a lot longer than 100 years.

Not on any significant numbers.
Read some history books.
The police were a tiny night watch in big cities that had harbors, until the automobile caused a new revenue stream from writing citations, around WWI.

The police indirectly cause all the violence in Chicago.
By the police causing the War on Drugs they raised the profits so high that it entices so many poor to sell drugs.
Then the fact it is illegal prevents the use of credit or checks, so causes high volumes of cash.
Then there are turf wars on top of that.
So its all the fault of the police, and it almost all goes away if the police go away.

The evidence says no. In places where the police really don't care to show up crime soars as the predators prey upon one another. If the police stand down, are ineffective or abolished vigilante groups will form with justice by lynch mob. The wealthy will afford their guards or even their own armies. We will return to feudalism.
Lol. I have never had to call a cop to come save me in my life. I have lived in the big city and the small town and have never ran into a situation I could not take care of myself. I can't imagine running around scared all the time it must suck.
It all depends on the situation. Many potential perps in a wolf pack can ruin a day or be the final day. A young jitterbug decking an older person and stealing her purse would not be fun.

Yeah, that was one of the more ignorant posts I've seen on here in awhile! The Police have been around for a lot longer than 100 years.

Read some history books.
The police were a tiny night watch in big cities that had harbors, until the automobile caused a new revenue stream from writing citations, around WWI.
Police in outlying areas weren't needed. If someone committed a wrong, a posse would be formed, the person tracked down caught and hanged. On the spot. Most personal crimes were handled instantly.

We could easily go back to that time.

By the police causing the War on Drugs they raised the profits so high that it entices so many poor to sell drugs.
Then the fact it is illegal prevents the use of credit or checks, so causes high volumes of cash.
So its all the fault of the police, and it almost all goes away if the police go away.
The violent crimes in Chicago are between rival drug factions. The drug laws don't enter into the situation at all. They are fighting over market share. Let them. They kill one another and one another's children. The more murders, the fewer drug dealers.

Do you know what happens when one takes a little and gets away with it?
The person feels safe in taking a little more and a little more and soon a bigger and bigger chunk. Nah. We need a good, strong police presence to deal with crime.

Read some history books.
Police in outlying areas weren't needed. If someone committed a wrong, a posse would be formed, the person tracked down caught and hanged. On the spot. Most personal crimes were handled instantly.

But John Wayne is dead! What to do?

Read some history books.

Every man and woman be their own John Wayne.

Yes initially crime will spike. But eventually it will lower drastically once the new reality sets in. People will have more of what they need and violent crime will drop

hahaha...just stop, you are making a complete fool of yourself in public. Think once LibTards...how safe, prosperous and harmonious are nations full of dark people with little police presence?
candycorn

And when people steal more, prices go up for the rest of us.

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.
Cutting off a hand is an interesting idea. Might reduce the amount they steal by half.
I always will always favor the cutting off of the penis of a rapist or a pedophile.
I do not support that anything be done to a woman who has sex with her student that is consensual, because that student is happy as a clam. During my teenage years, All the boys longed to have sex with a hot teacher.
Remember what Billy Crystal once said: "Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place."

Read some history books.

Every man and woman be their own John Wayne.
I want the original to head my posse, no substitutes.

And when people steal more, prices go up for the rest of us.

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.
Cutting off a hand is an interesting idea. Might reduce the amount they steal by half.
I always will always favor the cutting off of the penis of a rapist or a pedophile.
I do not support that anything be done to a woman who has sex with her student that is consensual, because that student is happy as a clam. During my teenage years, All the boys longed to have sex with a hot teacher.
Remember what Billy Crystal once said: "Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place."
It is probably sick and uninformed/unenlightened, but I too, feel similar. I say this, though convinced that rape, at least, is more a crime of violence than just a sex crime of a hard d#ck. Kind or sure they will still practice violence against women or people in weaker position in some other way, possibly even more leathal. At least it would keep them from impregnating their victims, which is something, especially in a society making a moral determination (right or wrong) that all abortion is immoral and to be outlawed.

The violent crimes in Chicago are between rival drug factions. The drug laws don't enter into the situation at all. They are fighting over market share. Let them. They kill one another and one another's children. The more murders, the fewer drug dealers.
You forgot about the 1,400 carjackings whose victims cross all ethnic groups.

You forgot about the 1,400 carjackings whose victims cross all ethnic groups.
I was carjacked. If I had a gun I would cheerfully have blown his head off. Armed drivers are safe drivers.

Are you like 15, 16 years old?

this should be in the Humor section
.....key word in your OP = THINK...yes you THINK

I vote for its being moved to The Rubber Room.

I vote for its being moved to The Rubber Room.
I got a good laugh out of it

Forum List

Back