With latest payout, Arizona sheriff has cost taxpayers $100m

What if I told you the settlement was because Arpaio’s office had executed a search warrant based on lies and omissions?

It wouldn't make a damn bit of difference as those were just allegations and Arpaio wasn't given a chance to defend himself.

It was just an agreement between an attorney for a client seeking money, and a politician making a payment of taxpayers funds to sully Arpaio's reputation.

It wouldn't make a damn bit of difference as those were just allegations and Arpaio wasn't given a chance to defend himself.

It was just an agreement between an attorney for a client seeking money, and a politician making a payment of taxpayers funds to sully Arpaio's reputation.
What if I told you that the “allegation” was already adjudicated? His detectives were given a chance to defend themselves and a judge ruled that the warrants were based on lies and omissions which resulted in the search being thrown out and the defendants charges were dropped.

You should look into the case that the settlement was over.

Turns out Arpaio’s goons were lying on warrants. Remind me how y’all feel about that?

Those "goons" weren't held personally responsible and they didn't have to pay a dime of this settlement. So I don't think they were lying at all. It was Leftist Politicians using taxpayers funds to make this payoff.

Those "goons" weren't held personally responsible and they didn't have to pay a dime of this settlement. So I don't think they were lying at all. It was Leftist Politicians using taxpayers funds to make this payoff.
It’s cute that you think they’d be held responsible for this.

That’s not really how corrupt law enforcement outfits work.

Hilarious. The Sherriff is supposed to uphold the law and not break it. Do you have an offence of abusing your public office ?
He was upholding the law. Leftist scum like you were trying to keep him from punishing criminals.

Democrats authorized half a million dollars to each criminal who crossed the border illegally if they were separated from a family member and Arizona is paying off businesses that knowingly hired illegals with falsified documents. WTF is going on?

Democrats authorized half a million dollars to each criminal who crossed the border illegally if they were separated from a family member and Arizona is paying off businesses that knowingly hired illegals with falsified documents. WTF is going on?

The people supposedly voted for Sleepy Joe to authorize all of this. They figured that this was better than being upset with President Trump's tweeting.

Yep.

They are both the plaintiffs and the defendants.

It's a scam. A shake down. A treasury raid.

Anyone in here defending this is a complete moron.

There have been so many of these cases over the years, its tough to keep track of them. "Settlements" were made with the CP5, as well as George Floyd's family and Freddie Gay's.

Some of them might have been justifiable as a way to try and avoid rioting in the streets and that kind of damage. But even then, it would be futile as the country is still suffering from the Floyd Insurrections of 2020. The settlement didn't help a bit.

Forum List

Back