With due respect....RIP Judge!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Judge was a K9 cop from West Deptford, NJ who unfortunately had a disease that enlarged his liver and made it so that he could no longer eat. He had to be put down but on his last trip to the vet all of his fellow police officers showed up to salute him and pay their respects.

officers_02.jpg

officers_044.jpg

Police Salute Retired K-9 Officer On His Final Journey To Animal Hospital

The Huffington Post | By Ryan Grenoble

I had a friend in Tucson who trained police, SAR, drug, cadaver dogs. Those dogs were just amazing and once trained, would sell for as much as $8000. Most of the dogs she trained were Belgian Malinois rather than GSDs. There were times when I would swear those dogs could read minds.Oh and since most came from Germany, you had to speak a bit of German to talk to them.

I would sometimes help with training exercises and one of the things I would do is, after the SAR dogs came back from a "job", we would schedule times when we would hide so they could find a live person. Finding too many dead people would depress them and they needed the lift.

And many years ago, when I had bookstores in Denver, there were a couple of times when K-9 units responded to my store alarms going off. The cops wouldn't let me go in but would send a dog.

One night, the dog came back out, literally leading a bad guy by the wrist. I was completely blown away by that and the dummy burglar was just embarrassed.

I remember a story that made the news about a K-9 cop being sent into a hardware store and bringing out a kitten that had somehow gotten in and lost in the store.

Forum List

Back