With $15/hr (or more) Min wage looming, robots will soon be cheaper workers than humans

Uh, guys, . . . you understand that this is cutting edge of the industrial revolutions - robotics?

Go retrain if you need to. I don't want to pay for your government assistance.

While I think jumping the Minimum Wage to $15 is unwise, I do think raising to at least $10 and having annual automatic adjustments based on inflation would be good.

Raising it kills jobs, period... that should be, end of discussion.

For some reason, it is not. Can you explain why we want to do something we KNOW will kill jobs?

Let's take you through it slowly again... if you raise it, you will kill jobs. You might think you are helping some people make more in wages but you are eliminating jobs and these people will have no wages. They will become dependent upon the state to take care of them.

It does not kill jobs. You have never supported that claim.

While I think jumping the Minimum Wage to $15 is unwise, I do think raising to at least $10 and having annual automatic adjustments based on inflation would be good.

For some reason, it is not. Can you explain why we want to do something we KNOW will kill jobs?

Let's take you through it slowly again... if you raise it, you will kill jobs. You might think you are helping some people make more in wages but you are eliminating jobs and these people will have no wages. They will become dependent upon the state to take care of them.

Really? You can you back it up that raising the minimum wage kills jobs? That is a pure talking point that is not true.
Here are historical dates when the minimum wage was increased.
Minimum Wage - Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - U.S. Department of Labor
Here are monthly unemployment rates from 1948-April 2016.
US Unemployment Rate by Month
The only time there was a spike in unemployment when the minimum wage went up was in 2009 and unemployment had already been trending upwards since early 2008 thanks to the biggest financial downturn since the Great Depression.
Why not check facts out before repeating a talking point that has been debunked regularly?

Oh no! Where will a minimum wage worker find another min wage job !? I know ....around the corner !!!

Really? You can you back it up that raising the minimum wage kills jobs? That is a pure talking point that is not true.
The only time there was a spike in unemployment when the minimum wage went up was in 2009 and unemployment had already been trending upwards since early 2008 thanks to the biggest financial downturn since the Great Depression.
Why not check facts out before repeating a talking point that has been debunked regularly?

Oh, you can play around with unemployment numbers that mean absolutely nothing in terms of jobs created and lost if you want to, that's propagandizing things. Raising the minimum wage for labor always results in killing net jobs. Period. We know this, it's not a talking point. In fact, we've never had an economic fiscal quarter where we raised the minimum wage AND had growth in entry-level jobs. It simply doesn't happen. Thousands of small businesses are forced to let someone go. They can't pay the increase... it's not that they wouldn't love to, they simply can't.

You have a bunch of smooth talkers on your side, perpetrating a myth on the public. You construct your little graphs and pie charts to show us all how dumb we are... that forcing capitalists to increase their cost of labor doesn't result in fewer jobs. Common fucking goat sense should tell you that's not true.

Just sayin'

:blowup:

Oh, you can play around with unemployment numbers that mean absolutely nothing in terms of jobs created and lost if you want to, that's propagandizing things. Raising the minimum wage for labor always results in killing net jobs. Period. We know this, it's not a talking point. In fact, we've never had an economic fiscal quarter where we raised the minimum wage AND had growth in entry-level jobs. It simply doesn't happen. Thousands of small businesses are forced to let someone go. They can't pay the increase... it's not that they wouldn't love to, they simply can't.

You have a bunch of smooth talkers on your side, perpetrating a myth on the public. You construct your little graphs and pie charts to show us all how dumb we are... that forcing capitalists to increase their cost of labor doesn't result in fewer jobs. Common fucking goat sense should tell you that's not true.

Just sayin'

:blowup:

Well, you didn't disprove my point.
Also graphs, charts; etc do serve useful purposes. I use them consistently for presentations to the board and stockholders, plus potential investors. Also with strategic planning.
With a capitalistic economy, wage growth is important, particularly when over 75% of the economy is driven by consumer spending. As wage growth has become fairly flat in Real Dollars. This has lead to less expendable income and not surprisenly a more fragile economy. Even the small recession of 2001 took over four years to recover as an example.

So there answer to min wage is robots will do it...

With moores law you are screwed so what the problem with 15 min wage

There is no end tonthe supply of min wage jobs . And machines can only do so much . U need people at some point.

Well, you didn't disprove my point.
Also graphs, charts; etc do serve useful purposes. I use them consistently for presentations to the board and stockholders, plus potential investors. Also with strategic planning.
With a capitalistic economy, wage growth is important, particularly when over 75% of the economy is driven by consumer spending. As wage growth has become fairly flat in Real Dollars. This has lead to less expendable income and not surprisenly a more fragile economy. Even the small recession of 2001 took over four years to recover as an example.

Charts and graphs can be useful for lots of things, including the leading by the nose ring of useful idiots who are preordained to believe the anti-capitalist garbage the chart is designed to support. Looking at the unemployment rate reported following a minimum wage hike is useless information. The very rate itself is a ruse, it doesn't mean a whole lot... it's telling us how many people are collecting unemployment benefits at this time. It doesn't tell us how many dropped off the rolls or didn't qualify. It certainly tells us nothing about jobs that were created or eliminated.

The Minimum Wage is an 82-year old carrot and stick approach to solve a problem of a living wage. It does not work. Raise it and you kill jobs and increase price so you have to raise it again. It keeps killing jobs and raising prices and you just keep on raising it. This is precisely how insanity is defined.

There is no end tonthe supply of min wage jobs . And machines can only do so much . U need people at some point.

If money is no object, machines could do everything , with out people, ever.

Forum List

Back