Wisconsin will be 25th State with right-to-work.

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
Wisconsin is set to become the 25th right-to-work state
Wisconsin is poised to strip union power even further after the state Assembly passed a so-called right-to-work bill Friday, which Gov. Scott Walker (R) has vowed to sign.

Once signed, the bill will make Wisconsin the 25th state to pass a right-to-work law. Neighboring Michigan and Indiana passed right-to-work laws in late 2012. In states without such laws, employees can be compelled to pay union dues even if they don’t want to become members if they benefit from union-negotiated contracts.

The Wisconsin bill was rushed through the legislature after being introduced late last month to avoid a repeat of the massive protests over similar union restrictions four years ago. The bill passed in a party-line vote, with no Democrats supporting it.

“It’s prudent to not let this languish for months,” state Sen. Steve Nass (R) told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. In 2011, tens of thousands of protesters turned out in opposition to a bill curtailing public employee union power, which eventually became law. Thousands of workers protested last week as senators debated the right-to-work bill, according to reports.

Though he called the debate a “distraction” in December, Walker has also said that he supports the measure. In an interview with The Washington Post last month, he said that he “absolutely” would sign the bill.

During last year’s legislative session, right-to-work laws were proposed in 20 states, though none passed them. This year, lawmakers have proposed versions of such laws in New Mexico, New Hampshire, Ohio and Missouri. The table below shows all state action on right-to-work, according to the bipartisan National Conference of State Legislatures.

Wisconsin is set to become the 25th right-to-work state - The Washington Post

Soon states that protect the rights and freedom of working people will outnumber those still under the shadow of union mafia thugs. It also should be noticed that the in the Leftwatisphere, protests have lost a lot of steam, sometimes only a half dozen protesters still keeping the faith. That's what I enjoy even more than Wisconsin adopting right to work, the demoralization of the Left. They are losers and they lost again.

The right to work for less. That is an achievement. Nothing says I love 'Murica more than turning it into a third world country.

Every state should be right to work. Unions and their inherent featherbedding have moved American jobs overseas.

The right to work for less. That is an achievement. Nothing says I love 'Murica more than turning it into a third world country.
We will be a third world country thanks to obuthole not right to work.

You will live in a third world country because you are balless.
You don't ever actually discuss things, you just spew raw sewage. So time for St. ignora to banish you.
crying-baby-girl-small-for-blog.jpg

Every state should be right to work. Unions and their inherent featherbedding have moved American jobs overseas.

No, they moved them overseas so they could pay 2 dollars an hour or, like those rubber trees, 27 cents a day. How cool is that?

Yes, because the 24 states that have right to work turned into third world countries.

Idiot.
Some supportive narrative would be helpful, idiot. :slap:

Illinois' new governor would like to see a Right to Work environment. So would I.

Yes, because the 24 states that have right to work turned into third world countries.

Idiot.
Some supportive narrative would be helpful, idiot. :slap:

Illinois' new governor would like to see a Right to Work environment. So would I.

Since Recession s End Nearly Three-Quarters of Net U.S. Job Growth Has Occurred in Right to Work States - National Institute for Labor Relations Research

Actually it's a right to work for minimum wage.

A right to work only part-time.

A right to be terminated for any reason having nothing to do with job performance.

A right to receive no pay raises.

A right to have no opportunity for advancement.

Most of the South 'pioneered' the doctrine of 'right to work' decades ago, and today we see the chronic poverty and reliance on public assistance that's the consequence of 'right to work.'

Idiot.

Right to work states have some of the lowest wages. It's not a good policy for workers.

Right To Work A Failed Policy A New Hampshire update Economic Policy Institute

Wrong. Right to work states have the lowest unemployment and the best wages overall. Union states have a caste system in which those who are in the union are paid well, but those outside of the union suffer from artificially inflated property values and the cost for goods. How Labor Unions Cause Inflation The Freeman Foundation for Economic Education

And moreover such a system can't survive long. The economic breakdown of Detroit demonstrates the long term effect of artificial manipulations of the free market. A virtual shanty town is the result when the bubble finally bursts.

detroit.jpg

10150402_14_xl.jpg

154914-detroit-michigan.jpg

Jobs that pay less than what it takes to support a family of 4 are meant for people who do not have to support a family of 4...such as teenagers within families of 12 who might want to learn that working for your rewards is a fact of life.

You anti RTW love to.posts propaganda, I make $10 bucks more an hour in South Carolina then I did 13 years ago at a Union plastic plant in Chicago, doing the same thing, industrial maintenance, I an in big demand down here with all these plastic plants, do to BMW moving here from Europe

Workers in right to work states typically have lower wages, fewer benefits, fewer days sick time and vacations. Simple facts.

New Topics

Forum List

Back