.Wisconsin school district dropped book on Japanese-American incarceration during WWII from curriculum, arguing that the story was 'unbalanced'

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Ann Zielke, a parent of a student in the district, told NBC News that School Board Vice President Terri Boyer claimed the book offered an "unbalanced" account of historical events.

"What she said to me was that we actually need an 'American' perspective,'" Zielke said, adding that the people in the internment camps were Americans.

In Wisconsin this time.
Teenagers are not to learn that the US was mean to Japanese Americans during the war..
It speaks volumes about the GOPs view of Americans who do not look like them.
Your liberties are disappeaing every day.

Ann Zielke, a parent of a student in the district, told NBC News that School Board Vice President Terri Boyer claimed the book offered an "unbalanced" account of historical events.

"What she said to me was that we actually need an 'American' perspective,'" Zielke said, adding that the people in the internment camps were Americans.

In Wisconsin this time.
Teenagers are not to learn that the US was mean to Japanese Americans during the war..

That's awful!

Not the first time that schools have covered up wrongdoing by Democrats.

Was the book unbalanced, though? When did you read it?

Does it matter if the book is one-sided? Not to the people so angered by the thought of parents having input in what books their children are required to read. From your link:

"She clarified and said that she felt that we needed the perspective of the American government, and why Japanese internment happened," Zielke added. "And so then again, we had raised voices at this point. I told her specifically, I said, 'The other side is racism.'"

There you go. You don't get a side, because we have predetermined that any opinion other than our own is racism.

Does the book mention that the people who pushed for and benefitted from the incarceration of these Americans were California Democrats? That the president who supported it was a New York Democrat?

Let me guess: yet another text book that decries all Americans as racist without bothering to mention that the racism was almost entirely perpetuated by one party, the Democratic Party?

If you don't know what the Democratic Party is, being from some other country, my apologies.

In Wisconsin this time.
It was the left that interned Japanese Americans tommy, and when that didn't seem to be enough they dropped nukes on their country of heritage, and like with slavery [and just about every other atrocity committed in the name of America] they sought to share their guilt with all of us. [it continues to this day]
Truth be told the only thing that needs to be changed in the rendering of our history during that time period is how FDR, Truman and the rest of the white elitists on the left were the ones responsible for yet another atrocity they committed in all our names.

In Wisconsin this time.
This is hilarious.
A Redcoat trying to lecture us about oppression and colonialism.

In Wisconsin this time.

Do Japanese students even learn the war happened?

It was the left that interned Japanese Americans tommy, and when that didn't seem to be enough they dropped nukes on their country of heritage, and like with slavery [and just about every other atrocity committed in the name of America] they sought to share their guilt with all of us. [it continues to this day]
Truth be told the only thing that needs to be changed in the rendering of our history during that time period is how FDR, Truman and the rest of the white elitists on the left were the ones responsible for yet another atrocity they committed in all our names.
It was America.

In Wisconsin this time.
Your Communist idol, the cheating cripple in a wheelchair did that Tammy

In Wisconsin this time.
We treated the Japanese a lot better than you Eurotrash treated the Jews. The mis treatment was in the relocation, not the accommodation they received. They actually got very good treatment with adequate housing, decent food, activities and no harassment.

It probably saved Japanese lives. With the brutal war going on I suspect many of them would have been at risk at retaliation from the population. Also, it is quite possible a few of them would have become Japanese agents.
Mod edited to replace racial slur

Last edited by a moderator:
Question of the day... how were Americans citizens treated in Japan during WW II.
A hint.... it was 1000 times worse than we treated them.
Japan captured approximately 15,000 American citizens who were in Japan when Peral Harbor happened.
They were imprisoned in some of the worst human conditions in modern history, save how Germany treated Jews obviously.

OH... You didn't know that Tommy???
I am shocked!!

We treated the Japs a lot better than you Eurotrash treated the Jews. The mis treatment was in the relocation, not the accommodation they received. They actually got very good treatment with adequate housing, decent food, activities and no harassment.

Their livelyhoods were taken from them. Their homes, their belongings, but yeah, they were treated "decent".

I guess this is what is meant by alternative facts.

It probably saved Jap lives. With the brutal war going on I suspect many of them would have been at risk at retaliation from the population. Also, it is quite possible a few of them would have become Jap agents.

We see people on here (including yourself) arguing to retaliate against people, many who have done nothing.

In Wisconsin this time.
Do you people really think the only place to get a book is public schools?

Question of the day... how were Americans citizens treated in Japan during WW II.
A hint.... it was 1000 times worse than we treated them.
Japan captured approximately 15,000 American citizens who were in Japan when Peral Harbor happened.
They were imprisoned in some of the worst human conditions in modern history, save how Germany treated Jews obviously.

OH... You didn't know that Tommy???
I am shocked!!
The point you are missing by a mile is that these were Americans that you were mistreating. Not Japanese.

You seem to have the same racist mindset as the lady oberfuhrer in Wisconsin.

Their livelyhoods were taken from them. Their homes, their belongings, but yeah, they were treated "decent".

I guess this is what is meant by alternative facts.

We see people on here (including yourself) arguing to retaliate against people, many who have done nothing.
War is hell. They were provided with everything they needed. We won the war so stop your bitching about how we won it. Japanese were hated in those years.

The US also rounded up about 10K German and Italian Americans and sent them to relocation camps mostly in Texas. Funny but you don't hear much about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back